Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 11-26-2014, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBintheNorth View Post
Oh you are a peach, aren't you?

Please tell me you're only a fisherman (troll), and not a hunter.
There are too many who believe that if you own land you must have $ overflowing out of your pockets.
Old 11-26-2014, 11:27 AM

Thank you for all the support guys.

I am working hard to promote change and knowledge and hopefully we will see some positive behaviors from fellow "outdoorsman" soon.

We can only do our part
Old 11-26-2014, 12:01 PM

With all the expense in running a farm and its a business, to solve a lot of problems is paid access to the farmer for his land usage. I'm %100 for it!!! You pay to golf so what gives!!
Old 11-26-2014, 02:05 PM
Gone Hunting

Paid access is not part of farming. What expenses do you incur to allow a responsible hunter to access your land? Or maybe I misunderstood. Were you planning to put up housing and meat processing etc. If you don't want hunters on your land tell them 'no' and charge those who trespass.

It isn't a question of who will allow me, but who will stop me.. Ayn Rand
Old 11-26-2014, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBintheNorth View Post
Oh you are a peach, aren't you?

Please tell me you're only a fisherman (troll), and not a hunter.

Not sure how to answer that
Old 11-26-2014, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by last minute View Post
Well so what its a few bucks to a land owner no big deal it might even give the land owner a piece of mind Just thinking out LOUD either way I don’t care .

And there you have it. Land owners do care how their property is treated, they deny access to those who "don't care".

Nice to see a rich wage earner finds $24000 to fence a section a "few" bucks.

Back under the bridge troll.

"I find it interesting that some folk will pay to use a range, use a golf course, use a garage bay but think landowners should have to give permission for free. Do these same people think hookers should be treated like landowners?" pitw
Old 11-26-2014, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Why not spend some money and build a fence.Just thinking out loud
Why not just ask permission? If the landowner denies access; then ask another landowner.
Old 11-26-2014, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbillyreefer View Post

Back under the bridge troll.
Name calling real classy I am no more of a troll then you are
Old 11-26-2014, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redfrog View Post
Paid access is not part of farming. What expenses do you incur to allow a responsable hunter to access your land? Or maybe I misunderstood. Were you planning to put up housing and meat processing etc. If you don't want hunters on your land tell them 'no' and charge those who trespass.
I got these things and I still can't charge access. The oil companies pay access so whats the differance?
Charging the trespassers is a helluva good idea. Many of us work away or have more land than the home 1/4 so how do you suppose we should go about catching them?
Old 11-26-2014, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by norwestalta View Post
I got these things and I still can't charge access. The oil companies pay access so whats the differance?
Charging the trespassers is a helluva good idea. Many of us work away or have more land than the home 1/4 so how do you suppose we should go about catching them?
Let some hunters on and have them watch the place!
Old 11-26-2014, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatlandliver View Post
Let some hunters on and have them watch the place!
Its been done but still doesn't cure the uninvited guests.
Old 11-26-2014, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick284 View Post
You do know, that trespassing charges need to be pursued by the landowner........
Even hunting on occupied land needs the landowners push.....
I'm well aware of the legal requirement which is why I stated that the landowner need only be prepared to testify in court that he/she is in fact the owner of the property and that the defendant(s) did not have permission to hunt on that property.

The b.s. about being good neighbours works both ways imo. If you don't respect me as your neighbour, you will be reap everything that you sow.
Old 11-27-2014, 12:36 AM

Message to Redfrog!!!!!!!!!!!
Where did I point fingers at hunters in my quote???? There are horse back riders,quaders,berry and mushroom pickers,bird watchers,hikers,xmas tree cutters, ectra that have respected me as a land owner and ask for permission.
I would like your definition of RESPONSIBLE HUNTER!! This would be interesting to read and make it good from you. I have no problem giving you as a land owner my definition of respectful and non respectful hunters. The governments of Canada should take my definitions,study them and then make them law.
This form is full of complaints about the mis use of private farm land,dis respect of permissions,dis respect of personal property,dis respect of posted land,hunters telling farmers who can and can't hunt on there land,dis of respect of habitat,and most importantly the dis respect of wild life rights and there survival! Just because you buy a hunting license by no means come with land titles to hunt my farm land at free will. Your ethics have come to a conclusion if in the court of law for the month of November I get nothing but harassed by hunters every year with the government cashing in on your hunting licenses using my land for free.

I want to see paid hunting to give us as land owners the rights we deserve.
Old 11-27-2014, 12:48 AM
Gone Hunting

Wake up Bert! the school bus is here.

Show me where I said a hunting license came with land titles.

I said allow access or not, that is your right. You already have that right regardless whether you get paid or not

What service or product do you think you can charge for?.

Old 11-27-2014, 01:08 AM

Don't run away like a wounded coyote with your tail between your legs. What is your definition of a RESPONSIBLE HUNTER!!
I charge for the trees,the planting of trees,the grain and hay I grow,straw,dead fall fire wood.
I pay for my land payment,interest,grain seed,fuel,parts,gas, wear and tear on my farm machinery,land taxes,my time,fences and maintenance,trucking cost to sell grain to feed you,accounting cost,income taxes,ectra.
OH!!! You hunters want to use my land for free. SCREW YOU!!
Old 11-27-2014, 01:18 AM
Gone Hunting

I'm typing super slow. I did not say you had to allow anyone access to your land. Hope this helps. I would not be interested in paying to hunt on your land.

You seem a little tense. Maybe you should check out a yoga site to help you unwind and relax. Just sayin'.

Maybe you could tell us about the tax breaks and subsidies you get? Any lease land?

Old 11-27-2014, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redfrog View Post
I'm typing super slow. I did not say you had to allow anyone access to your land. Hope this helps. I would not be interested in paying to hunt on your land.

You seem a little tense. Maybe you should check out a yoga site to help you unwind and relax. Just sayin'.

Maybe you could tell us about the tax breaks and subsidies you get? Any lease land?
Would you please list all these tax breaks and subsidies Red?

"I find it interesting that some folk will pay to use a range, use a golf course, use a garage bay but think landowners should have to give permission for free. Do these same people think hookers should be treated like landowners?" pitw
Old 11-27-2014, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtimoseMan View Post
Don't run away like a wounded coyote with your tail between your legs. What is your definition of a RESPONSIBLE HUNTER!!

Myself and the people I hunt with

We would like to take some of the animals off your land for free, yes.
A simple "No" would suffice, without the drama or telling people off. It's that easy. And totally within your right.
Old 11-27-2014, 08:31 AM

Default out of control

our land which is not posted this year looks to have more tracks through it than the number one , at one time there was four trucks on one quarter of land at the same time and we havent had one call about permission all year.most land owners in our area will be posting and charging trespassers next year.
Old 11-27-2014, 08:41 AM

Quote:
I charge for the trees,the planting of trees,the grain and hay I grow,straw,dead fall fire wood.
I pay for my land payment,interest,grain seed,fuel,parts,gas, wear and tear on my farm machinery,land taxes,my time,fences and maintenance,trucking cost to sell grain to feed you,accounting cost,income taxes,ectra.
You have full right to tell every hunter or other members of the public stay off your land. If having hunters on your land bothers you than tell them screw off even.

As for paid access I will tell any land owner that suggests it to screw off as well as I will not support it. I have no issue hunting else where crown land or on private land where the farmer gives permission. Some farmers actually welcome respectful hunters and like have some pressure put on the herd to limit crop damage.

If you really want to get into running paid hunting I recommend buying land south of the border.

If you have a problem with hunters deny access to your land but I don't recommend getting into paid hunting because then you will be dealing with hunters that have a contract YOU must abide by to hunt your land. You will open a whole new issue and still have trespassers

Best of luck and even with your attitude I still would like to see the slob trespassers you deal with punished.
Old 11-27-2014, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongo View Post
our land which is not posted this year looks to have more tracks through it than the number one , at one time there was four trucks on one quarter of land at the same time and we havent had one call about permission all year.most land owners in our area will be posting and charging trespassers next year.
Please charge every trespasser you can it will benefit ethical hunters and landowners a like
Old 11-27-2014, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J D View Post
Please charge every trespasser you can it will benefit ethical hunters and landowners a like
X2
Old 11-27-2014, 09:35 AM

How do we know the ethical hunters from the non ethical ones. Everyone on here will tell you how good of hunters they are and I have yet to here anyone say how unethical he or she may be. Got to be someone that is honest and that someone is the one I think I'd be more than happy to have hunting on my land. At least he or she is not blowing smoke up my ass.
Old 11-27-2014, 09:40 AM

I'm still waiting for my definition!! Thanks for all your advice what to do with my land,your all typical poor sportsmen that think you know it all and know nothing.

Mongo - I see you have the same problem I do. I kicked out these scumbags and some of them needed a Hunter hurt feeling report.
Old 11-27-2014, 09:47 AM

Quote:
I'm still waiting for my definition!! Thanks for all your advice what to do with my land,your all typical poor sportsmen that think you know it all and know nothing.

Mongo - I see you have the same problem I do. I kicked out these scumbags and some of them needed a Hunter hurt feeling report.
You're not the only ones.
Gates, fences and signs don't make a difference. Sure a guy could charge them but we'd have to spend our days out there guarding our land 24/7. Shouldn't need to do that if everyone is ethical like they like us to believe.
Old 11-27-2014, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Thanks for all your advice what to do with my land,your all typical poor sportsmen that think you know it all and know nothing.
That is funny I Like that

Last edited by last minute; 11-27-2014 at 10:25 AM.
Old 11-27-2014, 09:57 AM

Quote:

Your land feel free to say no hunters or open it to all. IT IS YOUR LAND no hunter(or anyone) has right to access without your permission. I completely respect this and support your right to deny access to whoever you want.

Supporting paid hunting like it is a good thing not going to support you for even a second.

Please charge every trespasser you find even take them out behind the barn and beat them for all I care. They are a pain in the arse for you and honest hunters a like. I want you to do this even if you never allow a single hunter to have permission on YOUR land.

Don't think for 1 second I think I am entitled to anything on your land. But I know hunters who deal with the pay to play hunting BS and don't want to see hunting degraded to that here. Sorry not into the US free ranging deer farming style hunts.
Old 11-27-2014, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by norwestalta View Post
How do we know the ethical hunters from the non ethical ones. Everyone on here will tell you how good of hunters they are and I have yet to here anyone say how unethical he or she may be. Got to be someone that is honest and that someone is the one I think I'd be more than happy to have hunting on my land. At least he or she is not blowing smoke up my ass.
How will paid access help stop idiots? How much do you charge to cover the worst thing they could possibly do? Or do you take some cash from everyone to equal the cost of the quarter in case it's totally destroyed?
Do you charge the people that you deem to be good the same as the ones you suspect to be idiots?
I just don't see how charging for access will stop the problems you guys are having with idiots. Chances are, the guys with the cash flow to be able to pay for access are probably the same self-entitled losers causing most of the problems.
Old 11-27-2014, 10:27 AM

Quote:
That is funny I Like that

hillbillyreeferAre you saying none are given out.
Curious to know exactly what all these subsidies are? There is a pretty serious case of misinformation out there.

Looking for a list to see if I can get any to pay for the "No Treapassing" signs.

Old 11-27-2014, 10:42 AM

Quote:

I don't have a Webster's definition for you.
What I can tell you is that I would never expect a land owner to give me permission without knowing who I am first. Where I hunt I've had 10+ year relationships with the owners. I've had some of those relationships lost because of jerks. Some landowners I still speak with regularly because I consider them friends now.
The only one that can call a hunter respectfull, is you.
Everyone has the power of discernment. I'm sure you could judge for yourself what I'm about without me saying a word.
Those who expect you to take their word for it are probably not worth their salt.

As far as a definition.... A respectful hunter treats the land he travels on as well or better than the owner himself. He/she follows all rules and regulations and abides by any requests the landowner bestows upon him, all while being mindful that it is a privilege to
hunt.

That was partially taken from the hunters-ed book I received when I was 13yrs old.
The same info everyone must read to pass the course.
Charging people money or making them pass a test doesn't make good people.
Good people make good people.
Only you can decide who fits YOUR description.
My 2¢