Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 10-14-2011, 10:40 AM

Apple has made some major moves with the new BBM-like message system for iPhone, more memory (the idea of 64gb is really attractive), and a very fast processor. I still like my slide-out keyboard.... It will all depend on where BB is in 18 months, and what iPhone and droids have to offer at that time.
Old 10-14-2011, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okotokian View Post
I've used Blackberries for years and have NEVER used the BBM function. I mean, why use a message system that you can only use with people who have the same type of phone? How would I know what sort of phone other people use? What's the advantage? My wife has an android and both sons are on I-Phones. I just use normal texting.
My wife and daughter have bb's...a single bill comes in my name...under the family plan we have there is no charges for family to family, even long distance. Which is good as the daughter goes to UofL.
But the true benifit to us is the bbm, multi person rolling chat feature. Up to 30 people can be in a group chat. It beats texting and saying..wait i will text so and so and get back to you. The group chat is a very nice feature to me.
I also have many AO members in group chats.

I dont use high tech apps
Old 10-14-2011, 12:58 PM

got the 4S Today love it! makes the iphone 4 look stupid... BB sucks..
Old 10-14-2011, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodyR View Post
got the 4S Today love it! makes the iphone 4 look stupid... BB sucks..
A lot of the comments about the 4S say that there is not enough of a change from the iphone4 to bother with an upgrade unless your contract is up. What does the 4S offer that makes the iphone 4 look stupid in your opinion?
Old 10-21-2011, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geezle View Post
So far I'm liking my Curve 9300. I've had a couple minor hiccups with it, but at the same time it's seen a reasonable amount of chit and abuse at work (a couple drops from 8ish feet down to some mangled concrete - saved by the OtterBox ) Does everything I want it to - phone, text, email, internet, GPS/Google Earth and a couple other apps. Again, for a freebie phone I really have nothing to complain about

As for my carrier, I'm with Telus in disguise - Koodo. Good coverage and a good deal with no contract, even if I am still dealing with the same D-bags in the end.
Does koodo even carry torchs or bolds ? There website says they only carry curves .
Old 12-19-2011, 09:59 AM

Yes its way faster not enough change if your paying full price id wait for the 5 but it was 230 to upgrade an my mom wanted my 4 so it worked out good.
Old 12-19-2011, 11:41 AM
Banned

Was due for a new phone, traded in the BB, got the iphone 4s on the weekend. Thinking I made a mistake. Lots of fun stuff to do but miss the keypad and the blinking notification light. Miss the quick dial of the speed dial keys, BBM's. Hoping it just takes some getting used to, else Im back to the BB.
Old 12-19-2011, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deer Hunter View Post
Was due for a new phone, traded in the BB, got the iphone 4s on the weekend. Thinking I made a mistake. Lots of fun stuff to do but miss the keypad and the blinking notification light. Miss the quick dial of the speed dial keys, BBM's. Hoping it just takes some getting used to, else Im back to the BB.
Keypad,blinking light and sleekness is what i miss about the bb as well.
Old 12-19-2011, 02:59 PM

What do you mean by sleekness?? Surely not the design? Maybe software?

Oddly enough I originally was a BB fan. My last BB was the bold, and haven't had a phone with a keypad since. I can type way faster now on my galaxy nexus than I ever could on the BB.

The beauty of touchscreens now, is they are very good a predicting what word you are typing.

I find most BB converts have troubles because they type a mistake, instead of continuing on spelling the word, they stop and backspace to fix it, even though the phone will correct it.
Old 12-19-2011, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB_AOL View Post
What do you mean by sleekness?? Surely not the design? Maybe software?

Oddly enough I originally was a BB fan. My last BB was the bold, and haven't had a phone with a keypad since. I can type way faster now on my galaxy nexus than I ever could on the BB.

The beauty of touchscreens now, is they are very good a predicting what word you are typing.

I find most BB converts have troubles because they type a mistake, instead of continuing on spelling the word, they stop and backspace to fix it, even though the phone will correct it.
By sleekness i meant size and how it fits in the hand. The iphone batt is so bad i have to use the Mophie case that has the charger in it so its pretty big and bulky..

Auto correct is one of the worst inventions ever lol First thing I turned off
Old 12-19-2011, 08:43 PM

One thing I like about the iphone is you can open documents from email ie pdf and you can actually read it no problem, wireless printing of documents straight to printer is nice as well.
Old 12-19-2011, 09:55 PM

Iphone battery is brutal.. no doubt..
I'm getting 36 hours on my galaxy nexus with moderate use.

Quote:
Auto correct is one of the worst inventions ever lol First thing I turned off
For apple... yes..

Skytop.. ALL smartphones can open docs/pdfs/etc. And you can print wirelessly from them too, just need to know how to do it..
Old 12-19-2011, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear Grylls View Post
My feelings right there.
x3...although internet is def much easier on iphone
Old 12-19-2011, 10:10 PM

i phone without doubt. and i own an android and love it.. but if i had to pick between iphone or a ****ty blackberry, well... you know my opinion.
Old 12-19-2011, 10:26 PM

Default Htc!

Get an HTC. The best of both sides. The screen doesnt crack as easily as and iphone, plays music like an iphone and has the second largest app store (android) next to itunes. And lots of models to choose from like some similar to blackberrys.
Old 12-20-2011, 08:11 AM

Where can you get an Iphone at a 1/2 decent price in the Calgary area? Seems that alot of them are sold out...

Too late for me?
Old 12-20-2011, 10:15 AM

I will second you on that even the last bold sucked imo but if you can hold out until the iPhone 5