Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 10-13-2013, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chironomidkraut View Post
looking to hook up with some guys or gals for a mule deer or whitetail bowhunt, I am 37 and am an avid archer for 10 plus years, and have been bowhunting for 2 years with no success, and really would love someone to show me some tips and would love it to turn into a long term hunting partner.
as of November I am going to attempt my first black powder hunt and would love to have some guys to go with for that as well, I have a flintlock and an inline muzzleloader..
I would love to go hunting for pretty much anything, elk, bear, birds I just wanna get out there, I have all my own gear, camo ect.
still looking for people to go with
Old 10-13-2013, 03:55 PM

Anyone one near Edmonton want to get out for geese or ducks? I am available next Wednesday/Thursday. I have a couple dozen goose decoys and layout for the field, have a 17' canoe or 14' jon boat for water. Would also go puddle jumping if thats your thing.
Old 10-15-2013, 04:42 PM

Default Wanting to learn

Hey there guys. I'm in Grande Prairie and am looking for anyone willing to teach me about hunting. Never done it before. My holiday time is used up for this year so long trips is out of the question but I'm avail almost every weekend. As of yet I don't own a gun but I'm looking into that. So if anyone here is willing to let a rookie tag along and ask a few questions here and there it'd be appreciated.

Thanks,
Lorne
Old 10-16-2013, 02:47 PM

Default New to Calgary

Hey everyone

My name is Matt, just moved to Calgary from Ontario, looking to possible do some duck/ goose hunting, and would love to get into archery for deer if anybody is looking to show the new guy around! I'm 26, with 15 years of hunting experience. Hope to hear from someone soon!
Old 10-16-2013, 03:08 PM

Default Migratory hunt

I am a avid hunter with experience just looking for someone to do some bird hunting this Sunday oct 20th my usual buddies are too busy this year. I don't have an permission ether. I am just starting up hunting around Calgary
Old 10-16-2013, 07:34 PM

Default New to hunting in Fairview

Hey,

I just moved here from Ontario this year. I am in Fairview and just interested in getting started with bow hunting. Small game, would like to do some deer as well, basically up for whatever.
Old 10-17-2013, 12:42 AM

Default Ducks & Geese

Got the time off of work for next week,looking to go out for some migratory (first season) . Have some permission on land and time to scout. new or experienced give me a p.m . Have blind decoys and truck just need partner with some time during the week .
Old 10-17-2013, 10:49 AM

Default Always looking for new people to share experiences with

Been in the Whitecourt area for 9 years hunting Deer, Elk, chickens. Rifle hunt only right now so i limit myself to WMU's 346,349 for the early season and try to move into WMU's 507 and 348 for the late season. These zones are high pressure and no one will give permission on private land. A good hunting party can push alot of bush and have good success rate though. New and Experienced hunter are alway allowed to join in our camp and hunts. This year work has me tied up so the weekends are the only time i get but i have a draw tag in 349 for bull moose Nov 1-30. From my experience this area has a good population and anyone who would like to tag along is welcome. The more eyes looking the better. Plus it will be hard work in probably some tough country getting the animal out. I've never hunted moose before so maybe someone can offer me some good tips or some lessons.

If your interested shoot me a pm.
Old 10-17-2013, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cstew View Post
Been in the Whitecourt area for 9 years hunting Deer, Elk, chickens. Rifle hunt only right now so i limit myself to WMU's 346,349 for the early season and try to move into WMU's 507 and 348 for the late season. These zones are high pressure and no one will give permission on private land. A good hunting party can push alot of bush and have good success rate though. New and Experienced hunter are alway allowed to join in our camp and hunts. This year work has me tied up so the weekends are the only time i get but i have a draw tag in 349 for bull moose Nov 1-30. From my experience this area has a good population and anyone who would like to tag along is welcome. The more eyes looking the better. Plus it will be hard work in probably some tough country getting the animal out. I've never hunted moose before so maybe someone can offer me some good tips or some lessons.

If your interested shoot me a pm.

PM'd you.

Smithy
Old 10-19-2013, 07:48 AM

Default Bow hunt elk or deer

Looking for a bow hunt buddy to come out anytime next week, I am off for 7 days had a decent elk place last year but didn't have time to scout this year. I need a partner cause I do not have a spot for the meat this year but I would still like to get out and hunt. Also I only have a jeep but it will get the animal out if needed. More looking for someone to take the meat after the kill
Old 10-19-2013, 07:49 AM

Default bow hunt

7days off start Tues
Old 10-19-2013, 03:22 PM

Default Camrose area hunting

I spend most of my hunting time out west but would like to do some closer to home. Looking for someone to get out and show me some spots and maybe help get some access. I have land I can hunt around tofield but it didn't yield much last year, lots of WT does. I have white tail and the suplementary aswell as game bird. Would love to find a good spot to go flush some birds, have a retriever to collect them too. No migratory currently but that's nothing a run to Walmart can't fix.
Old 10-19-2013, 09:36 PM

I follow this forum actively and learned a lot from here! I am originally from Mongolia, have hunting experience from there. In Alberta, so far, got several deers in the last couple of years and want to go for a black bear. Bought tags for black bear 3 years in a row, but without experienced partner could not use any of them.
I have 270 and 300 wsm and a truck, can drive 5-6 hrs. I live in SE Calgary.
I am eagerly looking for a solid hunting partner - interested in all types of hunting (birds, deer, bear, wolf etc)
Hope to hear from you- email me at lnadmid@ yahoo.com.
Old 10-19-2013, 10:19 PM

Default anyone near st.paul or bonnyville?

Hey guys, living in st.Paul but work in bonnyville. Looking for someone to go bird hunting with. Preferably someone with some expierience but no big deal if none. Also would like to do some wolf or other preditor, or if you just would like a second for a deer hunt I am up for anything. Let me know. Thanks
Old 10-25-2013, 11:51 AM

Default Looking for hunting buddies

Hi I just moved back to Alberta looking to go hunting tomorrow Oct 26th within 1.5 hours of Red Deer. Interested in hunting ducks or grouse. I have two good bird dogs and other assorted hunting gear. I am a professional outgoing male in my mid thirties and hunt responsibly drop me an email would love to meet some people which experience hunting locally.
Old 10-25-2013, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambling View Post
Hi I just moved back to Alberta looking to go hunting tomorrow Oct 26th within 1.5 hours of Red Deer. Interested in hunting ducks or grouse. I have two good bird dogs and other assorted hunting gear. I am a professional outgoing male in my mid thirties and hunt responsibly drop me an email would love to meet some people which experience hunting locally.
where are you located?..
Old 10-25-2013, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by csmith78 View Post
where are you located?..
Pm'd you.
Old 10-26-2013, 07:03 PM

Default Whitetails

I'm from Edmonton and looking for a hunter or a group for a few days of whitetails. I don't have a partner and I don't expect to find this late in the before season but its worth a try. I have 7 to 16 days off to hunt november and I have a Honda Rubicon with a trailer and an suv. I bowhunt a lot but once in a while I don't mind pulling out the Tikka. I train for hunting I'm in shape and can push bush or sit in a stand all day, i'd just like to not be hunting alone again if I can avoid it. Will eat my tag if I don't see the deer I like and I don't give importance to who has an opportunity at deer i'll work on skinning or cutting meat like it was my tag being notched. AO and other references available.

Btw this could also hold true for a serious sheep hunting partner for the future, things didn't work out this fall I was looking forward to hitting the mountains. I'd like 2014 to be the year if I can find a solid partner.

Here's what I've been up to this year:

Merriams:
http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showt...light=merriams

Bears:
http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showt...=1#post2009394

Elk:
http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=191097
Old 10-26-2013, 08:44 PM

Default Red deer area

still looking to get first elk

just moved to Blackfalds and didnt do any scouting of area this year.

Only have a general bull tag

Im a 37 year old male, with little expericence hunting, gotten a few deer,bears and moose in years past

If anyone looking for hunting partner this late still.

Give me a email

jsm88@hotmail.com

Thanks
Jason
Old 10-27-2013, 11:33 AM

Hey I'm looking to do some hunting in the Blackfoot/Cooking Lake Grazing reserve. I've done the orientation etc, but was just thinking it might be good to go with some other folks if anyone is up for it. Send me a message, my schedule is pretty flexible. I'd be looking to do mainly deer hunting.
Old 10-27-2013, 01:28 PM

I am sitting in Edson waiting out the snow. If anyone wants to meet here and hunt some deer send me a pm and I will give you my number. I have a 2wd so I had to shut it down this morning but I might still have a plan for Monday and the rest of the week.
Old 10-27-2013, 02:12 PM

I guide hunters and have my first baby on the way, due opening day...little does she know I'm still planning on hunting the first week of november close to home, try to fill my tags before heading back to guiding.
I'm within an hr from edmonton and willing to take somebody out hunting on a short notice type thing...rifle whitetail hunt...not a guided hunt...just as a partner..the area is fringe and I have 20yrs worth of permissions and experience, I will even set you on land that you can hunt without me, as long as I get pics!
Old 10-27-2013, 06:49 PM

Default Hunting

Replying to Post, please delete thanks
Old 10-28-2013, 10:41 AM

Hey there,
I'm a young 20 year old guy from Edmonton area looking for a partner for this november. I have my tags for whitetail and supplemental. This is my first year hunting, so I don't know alot, but I'm more than eager to get out there. I have been out coyote hunting a few times this year solo, and had some luck, but trying to learn from trial and error/internet tips is a slow process haha. I'm decently equipped with calls, several rifles and shotguns (been shooting for a couple years), an older pickup, a new Polaris quad, and an offroad/mud truck (for when the going gets tough).

I'm interested in going for whitetail, and predator this year, so if anyone wouldn't mind showing a new guy some tips and tricks, or if you are just looking for someone to head out with, I'd be thrilled to join you. I have the first week of November off, starting on the 1st till the 8th.

Cheers, Spinner
Old 10-29-2013, 09:43 PM

Anyone in the leduc area with a range membership or some land close by that would like to help me out sighting in my gun. This is the first scoped gun I've had and could use some teaching as well.
Old 10-31-2013, 07:04 PM

Default pmd u

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertaBuck View Post
I guide hunters and have my first baby on the way, due opening day...little does she know I'm still planning on hunting the first week of november close to home, try to fill my tags before heading back to guiding.
I'm within an hr from edmonton and willing to take somebody out hunting on a short notice type thing...rifle whitetail hunt...not a guided hunt...just as a partner..the area is fringe and I have 20yrs worth of permissions and experience, I will even set you on land that you can hunt without me, as long as I get pics!
pm sent
Old 10-31-2013, 07:04 PM

Default pmd u

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre Tessier View Post
I'm from Edmonton and looking for a hunter or a group for a few days of whitetails. I don't have a partner and I don't expect to find this late in the before season but its worth a try. I have 7 to 16 days off to hunt november and I have a Honda Rubicon with a trailer and an suv. I bowhunt a lot but once in a while I don't mind pulling out the Tikka. I train for hunting I'm in shape and can push bush or sit in a stand all day, i'd just like to not be hunting alone again if I can avoid it. Will eat my tag if I don't see the deer I like and I don't give importance to who has an opportunity at deer i'll work on skinning or cutting meat like it was my tag being notched. AO and other references available.

Btw this could also hold true for a serious sheep hunting partner for the future, things didn't work out this fall I was looking forward to hitting the mountains. I'd like 2014 to be the year if I can find a solid partner.

Here's what I've been up to this year:

Merriams:
http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showt...light=merriams

Bears:
http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showt...=1#post2009394

Elk:
http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=191097

pmd u
Old 10-31-2013, 07:06 PM

Default pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bukwild View Post
Anyone one near Edmonton want to get out for geese or ducks? I am available next Wednesday/Thursday. I have a couple dozen goose decoys and layout for the field, have a 17' canoe or 14' jon boat for water. Would also go puddle jumping if thats your thing.

pmd u
Old 11-01-2013, 07:52 PM
Banned

Default November 518 moose tag

Anybody interested in helping me fill a moose tag for 518 for the November season.?
Old 11-01-2013, 08:08 PM
Banned

Yeah I am. Can I come. I know how to cook, clean and drink beer and chew copenhagen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevGuy View Post
Anybody interested in helping me fill a moose tag for 518 for the November season.?