Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 01-15-2020, 08:03 AM

Default Derya MK-12

Just wondering if anyone has purchased one and how you like them. thinking of buying one
Old 01-15-2020, 10:29 AM

I don't think you will get too much input here. Maybe try CGN.
I don't have one but have shot one. A couple of guys at 3 gun run them. They seem to be able to get them to run pretty reliably but I think it takes some work. A guy at the start of the video below is running one, you can see he has to rack it a couple of times but I have seen guys that run pretty flawless with them. Somehow, because of our magazine laws they can run pump shotgun mags with extensions and get 15(ish) rounds "legally" ... so thankfully they are in open The mags are huge, like 2' long.

https://youtu.be/LKI_VSiuBrk
Old 01-15-2020, 10:35 AM

I bought this one after some late night beer drinking and online shopping.

https://www.gotenda.com/shop/firearm...i-shotgun-red/

Very cool looking, can buy barrel extension for chokes. Fun gun, very good recoil resistance, but couldn't see hunting with it--more of a gun to mess around with
Old 01-15-2020, 11:30 AM

I think they would be fun and the price is reasonable better grab one before they restrict them
Old 01-15-2020, 12:08 PM

A Prepper ish friend bought one and had nothing but trouble with it.

We messed around with it for an afternoon and it was very frustrating to see a new gun, that was expensive, simply function so poorly.

Friend was told that it needs a break in and after 500 rounds, it will function smoothly. Then he was told that light loads don't cycle well and he should use hunting loads only.

I have bought a Benelli SBE 2 new, and a Weatherby SA8 new, and both shot first time out of the box no problem. In very wet and muddy and freezing and challenging conditions, both continued to shoot and cycle.

I said to the friend that if it takes 500 rounds to get working properly that he should return it and simply buy a Benelli, a Stoeger, or the Weatherby SA8 and be done with it.

However, my choices are not COOL and do not look TOUGH. Thy just work properly, that's all.

If you are really worried about the Zombie Apocalypse, just get something practical that can work. Even a Mossberg 500 A is a better choice.

Drewski
Old 01-15-2020, 08:50 PM

Have one and mines been awesome. Never had an issue. That said these do need a break in with heavy loads, breaking the gun in with target won't be fun. After 30 rounds of 00 mine would cycle anything from target to buckshot.

I never did have an FTF or FTE but I ran mine wet for break in and with heavy load.

I really like mine and doubtful Id ever sell mine. To each their own!

Its a gun that puts a lot of smiles on your face!
Old 01-16-2020, 12:14 PM

Based on what I’ve seen on a YouTube video, this thing has a good kick! Going thru 100-200 rounds can be very painful... No questions it looks like a fun gun and probably pretty good for a home defence during the zombie apocalypse...