Old 01-10-2020, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chukar Hunter View Post
Does anyone know when it starts?
10:00 a.m.

https://gunshowtrader.com/gun-shows/...-gun-show/amp/
Old 01-10-2020, 01:34 PM

Default Doors are supposed to open at 10 AM

but they also told us that if the line ups are out the side door they reserve the right to open the doors at 9:30
Old 01-10-2020, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwbirds View Post
but they also told us that if the line ups are out the side door they reserve the right to open the doors at 9:30
Parking is the down side of that location, unfortunately.

Grizz
Old 01-11-2020, 07:15 PM

Fun show!! Good attendance!! Who got what?
Old 01-11-2020, 09:41 PM

I bought some.... depends!
Old 01-11-2020, 09:46 PM

Son cycled a 10/ 22 on display. Out popped a live round. Obviously someone was negligent.

Grizz
Old 01-11-2020, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams View Post
Son cycled a 10/ 22 on display. Out popped a live round. Obviously someone was negligent.

Grizz
. Not good!
Old 01-12-2020, 01:27 AM

A fire truck and two ambulances showed up at one point. Anyone know why?
Old 01-12-2020, 07:08 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:

Grizz
ok so the guy who is selling the gun will proof it first? hate that grab and play at counters...like them locked with a cable etc and also like seeing those little red inserts indicating empty or something to that affect....glad you have a trained son who verified it empty...dam...kinda scary.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 01-12-2020, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post
ok so the guy who is selling the gun will proof it first? hate that grab and play at counters...like them locked with a cable etc and also like seeing those little red inserts indicating empty or something to that affect....glad you have a trained son who verified it empty...dam...kinda scary.
Actually, my son asked permission before picking up the gun. It was scary and we didn't want to cause a major incident, the guy kind of laughed it off.

Grizz
Old 01-12-2020, 10:58 AM

thats scary and nothing to laugh about.
Old 01-12-2020, 11:01 AM

Thorncliffe Community CenterBMO Centre

this is from the web page but 2 different places in the city?
can someone clarify for me
thank you
g73
Old 01-12-2020, 11:07 AM
Shooting Xs

Quote:
Originally Posted by gramps73 View Post
thats scary and nothing to laugh about.
Damned straight!
Old 01-12-2020, 11:14 AM

it was my understanding that they had to be zip tied or trigger locked.
but I could be wrong on that
Old 01-12-2020, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Actually, my son asked permission before picking up the gun. It was scary and we didn't want to cause a major incident, the guy kind of laughed it off.

Grizz
If he had been truly contrite and as fussed as you I would probably let it slide. The fact he laughed it off would not sit well at all with me. I would at minimum report that to the show organizers. This guy doesn't get it and should not be allowed to sell or display at gun shows.

If they ever had an accidental shooting at one of these gun shows it would set gun owners and the shows back huge. It could easily lead to gun shows being so heavily regulated they effectively get shut down.
Old 01-12-2020, 11:34 AM

I heard some guy complaining to another fellow that he was asked to leave his table because "he was undercutting other vendors prices" or something very close to that. Older fellow probably in his mid to late 60's. Perhaps he was the vendor in question and was just spinning a cover story?
Old 01-12-2020, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean2 View Post
If he had been truly contrite and as fussed as you I would probably let it slide. The fact he laughed it off would not sit well at all with me. I would at minimum report that to the show organizers. This guy doesn't get it and should not be allowed to sell or display at gun shows.

If they ever had an accidental shooting at one of these gun shows it would set gun owners and the shows back huge. It could easily lead to gun shows being so heavily regulated they effectively get shut down.
Talked to my son this morning. After some thought , he reported it. In Hind sight, as he said, if he hadn't checked the chamber and pulled the trigger, he'd have been the person who shot one or more people. Just the kind of thing the Anti's love.

Grizz
Old 01-12-2020, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Talked to my son this morning. After some thought , he reported it. In Hind sight, as he said, if he hadn't checked the chamber and pulled the trigger, he'd have been the person who shot one or more people. Just the kind of thing the Anti's love.

Grizz
Glad to hear it. You clearly trained him right, clearing the gun when he picked it up likely saved a problem for him or someone else down the line. I think your son made exactly the right decision. All the best.
Old 01-12-2020, 11:49 AM

Perhaps I misunderstood on the timing Grizz. Was this reported to the show organizers today, or when the show was still underway?
Old 01-12-2020, 09:42 PM

Quote:

Grizz

Unreal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-13-2020, 06:04 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:

Grizz
He still should have been the one to hand it to him after it was proven unloaded...dam scarey right there.

Guy laughed it off

Idiot.

Glad you taught your boy proper firearms handling.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 01-13-2020, 08:20 AM

I am glad the end result of this incident went well and nothing serious came from it.

With a twist of unfortunate fate, imagine someone getting shot on Saturday.

AO members touting their safe hunting and safe gun handling etc.....only to have the lefties blacken our eyes and smear everyone.....

We have come too far to start over.....Basics, basics, basics.....

We have two lives: The life we learn with and the life we live with after that.
Old 01-13-2020, 09:02 AM

This isn’t the first such occurrence I’ve heard of at gun shows.
There appears some seriously twisted folks are running around hoping for an incident to happen, either for some sort of morbid thrill or to exact some some sort of social political outcome, maybe both.

The organizers of gun shows should be mandating secure locking devices or at a minimum they could supply Tye wraps or zip ties to secure the actions of firearms. If a purchaser wishes to function test a firearm, it’s as simple as step over to the end of the table and the displayer removes the device and supervises the potential purchaser, then re secures the firearm or the action if need be.

Thank goodness that the mantra and guchi acronym driven clearing of a firearm process is taking hold.

There are no absolutes
Old 01-13-2020, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graybeard View Post
I am glad the end result of this incident went well and nothing serious came from it.

With a twist of unfortunate fate, imagine someone getting shot on Saturday.

AO members touting their safe hunting and safe gun handling etc.....only to have the lefties blacken our eyes and smear everyone.....

We have come too far to start over.....Basics, basics, basics.....
I saw a table selling knives surrendered at the airport and inquired with the vendor if they were you, but found out they had purchased the lot.
Old 01-13-2020, 09:16 AM

My wife heard about the incident on the news, the excuse was it was bequeathed to somebody who didn't want it so took it to the show.
TOTAL BS - how did it get on a table without it being checked?!
Thank God SOMEONE knew proper firearms handling before a serious incident happened!
Cat

Last edited by catnthehat; 01-13-2020 at 09:30 AM.
Old 01-13-2020, 09:58 AM

Default We pound the clear action routine into people from a very early age

and 99% of firearms owners wouldnt touch a firearm without doing it (I hope).
But still while I was at WSS for almost 6 years 3 customers brought rifles in for scope mounting or work with rounds in the magazine and/or chamber. That is why the person on counter taking firearm as well as person who will work on it routinely clear action and magazine.
The other danger is any action that is not secured by a lock or at very least zip ties is someone from outside the show bringing a live round into show and placing it in a firearm to generate the bad publicity and make us all look like yokels or worse. Rifles and shotguns on my table were both zip tied so action couldnt be closed as well as trigger locked. We have enough of a public relations challenge without this kind of attention.
Old 01-13-2020, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gifted Intuitive View Post
What if the person who previously handled this firearm was in uniform ? The vendor observed how the uniformed handler open and closed the action and turned away to aim the firearm. Then set the firearm back on the table. There was trust involved because of the uniform.
Notice that this incident occurred with a firearm that fits the criteria for confiscation but poses the biggest problem justifying the confiscation agenda.
Notice how the blame ascribed by members of this forum is put on the vendor. Why should it be construed and reported as if the Vendor put a loaded round in the firearm ? Why not recommend that immediately an announcement be made that there may be someone in attendance that may create a public danger.
You regularly post some of the most bizarre stuff on this forum. NONE of what u just said has been disclosed by anyone that had first hand experience with this incident. Crawl back under you bridge please.
Old 01-13-2020, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post
I heard some guy complaining to another fellow that he was asked to leave his table because "he was undercutting other vendors prices" or something very close to that. Older fellow probably in his mid to late 60's. Perhaps he was the vendor in question and was just spinning a cover story?
I had that happen to me at a gun show at the Kingsway hangar years ago. I didnt price anything, cause i had 5 tables. I haggled prices with anyone who was interested in my stuff

Some crybaby complained that I was selling too cheap

There he was, whining away as I noticed his price tags on guns (they were large manila style tags) were so old and faded because he was asking wayyy too much for his guns

Regardless, my son and i sold about $17,000 worth of our ammo collection, guys got some deals, everyone except the "$340 cooey model 39 cry boy" was happy. I even sold my rubbermaid containers and blankets......
Old 01-13-2020, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gifted Intuitive View Post
What if the person who previously handled this firearm was in uniform ? The vendor observed how the uniformed handler open and closed the action and turned away to aim the firearm. Then set the firearm back on the table. There was trust involved because of the uniform.
Notice that this incident occurred with a firearm that fits the criteria for confiscation but poses the biggest problem justifying the confiscation agenda.
Notice how the blame ascribed by members of this forum is put on the vendor. Why should it be construed and reported as if the Vendor put a loaded round in the firearm ? Why not recommend that immediately an announcement be made that there may be someone in attendance that may create a public danger.
Wow, this is about as far fetched a story as it gets, do you write fiction for a living ?? seriously

We were all born ignorant but one must work very hard to remain that way.