Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 01-16-2020, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100winger View Post
I'm not sure COW FF will give you sharp corners on first fire.

My wrinkle to this discussion - I buy a large wax candle from the dollar store, and plug (contain the COW) the case neck with wax. Need to brush the bore every 10 shots or so, but the mixture stays in place.
I read a good tip once on wax plugging over the powder and filler. Writer stated that he melted a thin layer of wax into a pan and let it solidify. Turn the pan upside down and push the shell case mouth (held upright) to cut a small plug from the wax.
Old 01-17-2020, 01:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby76 View Post
Recognized your username later from LRH. Are you using ADG brass now? I've been playing with some for a while and have some proper 338SS headstamped to fireform.
I'm using up my last batch of remington stuff. once it's done i'll be getting the nice headstamped stuff from rich
Old 01-17-2020, 02:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100winger View Post
I'm not sure COW FF will give you sharp corners on first fire.

My wrinkle to this discussion - I buy a large wax candle from the dollar store, and plug (contain the COW) the case neck with wax. Need to brush the bore every 10 shots or so, but the mixture stays in place.
If you'd read the previous posts we cover the sharp shoulders discussion. I'd read that some guys use wax. I never saw the point. added mess. The right amount of tissue paper makes a great plug that can be pushed in nicely. holds the powder and filler in tight.