Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 11-16-2019, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clovers View Post
Came here to learn about hunting. Didn't think my first post would on this.

Tough situation.

Maclean obviously very conflicted. You can sense that. Sometimes when a friend is an *******, you need to admit they were an *******, to them and to yourself, and hope they take the time to reflect. Blind loyalty aids no one.

Cherry's clearly a xenophobe, loads of comments down the years, ample evidence.

His legacy in hockey shouldn't be forgotten, he was massive for those he wanted to be massive for. I firmly believe he would back you to the hilt if you were one of his people. Everyone was clearly not his people though, and thats unfortunate.

Canada is one of the best countries in the world and is better due to its diversity.
Canada is better because of its diversity? Lol. Our diversity is getting waaaayy out of hand. Suncor Energy up in McMurray is looking at implementing prayer rooms for muslims currently. We are starting to bend and conform to a certain demographic and it’s really getting out of hand.
Old 11-16-2019, 06:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcmm View Post
Great first post. You are here again short term?
Old 11-16-2019, 06:53 PM

Ron’s thoughts.
https://globalnews.ca/news/6179202/r...ght-in-canada/
Old 11-16-2019, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Great first post. You are here again short term?
I'm definitely not who you think I am.

or if I am who you think I am, that's an astounding super power you have!
Old 11-16-2019, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stLand View Post
I thought Canada was one of the best Countries in the world because of it's unity and freedom?
Do immigrants come here because they want 'diversity'?
No. They come here for freedom and economic opportunity. That's what my grandparents came here for. Not for 'diversity'.
Instead of preaching 'diversity' we should be preaching unity. Uniting all Canadians of all backgrounds.
Not punishing people for 'wrong think' and 'wrong speak'.

I will go out of my way to never watch another Sportsnet broadcast again.
I never said people come here for diversity.

People might come here for freedom and economic diversity. But the country itself is better, and stronger, because diverse people come here.

I agree with the bold part wholeheartedly. It's interesting how we both see what happened so differently. I see Dons comments as divisive (and not just the comments last week, lots of his comments in the past too). I dont see his comments as preaching unity.
Old 11-16-2019, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1899b View Post
Canada is better because of its diversity? Lol. Our diversity is getting waaaayy out of hand. Suncor Energy up in McMurray is looking at implementing prayer rooms for muslims currently. We are starting to bend and conform to a certain demographic and it’s really getting out of hand.
I don't know enough about Suncor in McMurray but I don't see a problem there? Who is that harming?

And what certain demographic is being bent over for?
Old 11-16-2019, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishnguy View Post

He said what he said and he meant it. In spite of his excuse in the link someone posted above or the page before, where he said that he meant everyone and not just immigrants, he is guilty as charged. I am far enough from being a snowflake and he didn’t get my feelings hurt, not even close. However, I think his termination was fair. The guy outlived his air time a while back and what he said was that straw. Also, quite genuinely, if you are dumb enough to say something like that on national tv, your time expired long time ago.
Ironic how so many of the posts defended "what he meant was" or "he didn't say the word immigrant" ..... came full circle when Don Cherry acknowledged what he said, and what he meant by saying it .....

This whole thread Reminds me of the circus act those who defend Trump.

His defenders making excuses and deflecting all the utter moronic things that guy does, day, after day, after day, and yet there they are, tirelessly defending his actions and making excuses and telling lies.

All the while, what these "defenders" don't realize is that they are trading off their own integrity for it.

Once you have traded it off so cheaply, integrity is one thing you can't get back ....... ever again.
Old 11-16-2019, 07:20 PM

Quote:
I don't know enough about Suncor in McMurray but I don't see a problem there? Who is that harming?

And what certain demographic is being bent over for?
Maybe some Catholics would like first communion at Suncor while we are at it?

Lol. Wake up...
Old 11-16-2019, 07:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
Old 11-16-2019, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Maybe some Catholics would like first communion at Suncor while we are at it?

Lol. Wake up...
Are you a catholic?
Do you want communion at Suncor?

I'm awake! I just don't see the issue?

What exactly is the problem?
Old 11-16-2019, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZM View Post
Ironic how so many of the posts defended "what he meant was" or "he didn't say the word immigrant" ..... came full circle when Don Cherry acknowledged what he said, and what he meant by saying it .....

His defenders making excuses and deflecting all the utter moronic things that guy does, day, after day, after day, and yet there they are, tirelessly defending his actions and making excuses and telling lies.

All the while, what these "defenders" don't realize is that they are trading off their own integrity for it.

Once you have traded it off so cheaply, integrity is one thing you can't get back ....... ever again.
You have the "dont realize they are trading off their own integrity"part. And also the " you cant get back ever again" part.

You are just " ass backwards " in who you are directing it too.

Daffodils ... (rolls eyes)
Old 11-16-2019, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Are you a catholic?

Well prior to our snowflake society, work and religion were two separate entities not to be mixed. It’s not a hard concept to grasp. Nowadays I guess it is a hard concept to grasp for some though....
Old 11-16-2019, 07:43 PM

Quote:
I'm definitely not who you think I am.

or if I am who you think I am, that's an astounding super power you have!
You won't be here long.. Again A.O. wash,rinse repeat

"Me neither but it's all in the eye of the beer holder"
norwestalta

.....out of bounds.....but funny none the less!

LC

"Funny how when a bear eats another bear, no one bats an eye, but......

when a human eats another human, people act like it's the end if the friggin world. News coverage, tweets, blogs, outrage, Piers Morgan etcetc.

Go figure." -Huntinstuff
Old 11-16-2019, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Are you a catholic?

Do you have any idea how large the plants are, and how much time would be lost if some workers left the field to come to those prayer rooms for every prayer? And given that many workers don't work alone in remote parts of the plants, their partners would be coming in with them. The lost production could be significant. And if you allow those people to leave the field, it wouldn't be fair to not allow the other workers the same option.
Old 11-16-2019, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Well prior to our snowflake society, work and religion were two separate entities not to be mixed. It’s not a hard concept to grasp. Nowadays I guess it is a hard concept to grasp for some though....
Well, actually... I agree with the separation of religion from work, and well... pretty much anything.

I just wasn't sure what point you were making.
Old 11-16-2019, 07:47 PM

Quote:
You won't be here long.. Again A.O. wash,rinse repeat
Its nice to meet you too!
Old 11-16-2019, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
Do you have any idea how large the plants are, and how much time would be lost if some workers left the field to come to those prayer rooms for every prayer? And given that many workers don't work alone in remote parts of the plants, their partners would be coming in with them. The lost production could be significant. And if you allow those people to leave the field, it wouldn't be fair to not allow the other workers the same option.
No, honestly I've no idea. I said as much in my first post about the whole thing.

All the points you raise seem intuitively very valid.
Old 11-17-2019, 05:25 AM

"
This whole thread Reminds me of the circus act those who defend Trump."

EZM

Trump is saviour of N.A.!

....and he is making America Great again.

Remember before everything was made in China?

A person could buy a quality N.A made product and stuff was built to last?

Now with China being allowed into the WTA we have become a disposable society....**** even vehicles are driven for 10 years(maybe) and discarded.
Old 11-17-2019, 05:58 AM
Banned

Quote:
Came here to learn about hunting. Didn't think my first post would on this.

Tough situation.

Maclean obviously very conflicted. You can sense that. Sometimes when a friend is an *******, you need to admit they were an *******, to them and to yourself, and hope they take the time to reflect. Blind loyalty aids no one.

Cherry's clearly a xenophobe, loads of comments down the years, ample evidence.

His legacy in hockey shouldn't be forgotten, he was massive for those he wanted to be massive for. I firmly believe he would back you to the hilt if you were one of his people. Everyone was clearly not his people though, and thats unfortunate.

Canada is one of the best countries in the world and is better due to its diversity.

Two things,

Who exactly is “one of his people”?

Canada’s diversity is what’s dissolving it’s strength and unity, wake up!

The strongest nations in the world are strong because of their unity, you’ll never have that when nobody agrees on who to fight for, it’s really that simple.
Old 11-17-2019, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
Two things,

Who exactly is “one of his people”?

Canada’s diversity is what’s dissolving it’s strength and unity, wake up!

The strongest nations in the world are strong because of their unity, you’ll never have that when nobody agrees on who to fight for, it’s really that simple.
Well, Good ol' canadian boys (and girls).

He's been pretty outspoken about foreigners since for ever. So not foreigners. Can think of multiple examples from europeans playing hockey to him saying he is a nationalist.

He's called out immigrants last week. So not immigrants.

I think thats pretty obvious from his behaviour and words. So it very much seems like his people are definitely not everyone, and not foreigners or immigrants.

I am awake. I don't agree that the diversity in this country is dissolving its unity and strength. What makes you say that?
Old 11-17-2019, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by outdoorsguy68 View Post
You have the "dont realize they are trading off their own integrity"part. And also the " you cant get back ever again" part.

You are just " ass backwards " in who you are directing it too.

Daffodils ... (rolls eyes)
I appreciate your perspective but it doesn't hold water for me.

Anytime anyone willfully and knowingly denies or defends the actions of someone lying, intimidating, misleading, manipulating things to serve ones own interests and motives, and it's clear, like it has been on a number of key issues south of the border - they trade off their integrity when doing so.

Pretty darn straight forward and simple to me.

My comments were directed to those who tried deflecting/defending what DC meant (or whom he directed his comments to) when, in fact, it came out, right from DC's own mouth he said and initially meant exactly what everyone heard with their own ears.

I realize the issues going on south of the border are very different and certainly more serious compared to our DC issue - but it's very reflective to me.

All of a sudden it's OK to lie and deflect things of importance to suit ones own agenda?. Very sad to me.

I have far more respect for those who just said, "I agree with him, despite the inappropriate target he chose to make a point with". I'm totally cool with that. We don't need to agree, and our soldiers died to give you the choice and freedom to express your opinion whatever that opinion is.

Let's just not insist an apple is a banana. People who do that do so at their own cost. A cost those people around you, may not tell you to your face, but everyone of them around you thinks you are not to be trusted anymore. You become the guy in the room with a poop stain, walking around the room, everyone sees it, but nobody will tell you.

If you have an opinion, stand behind it, but don't insist something is what it clearly isn't. Saying it over and over 50 times doesn't change reality.
Old 11-17-2019, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 350 mag View Post
"
This whole thread Reminds me of the circus act those who defend Trump."

EZM

Trump is saviour of N.A.!

....and he is making America Great again.

Remember before everything was made in China?

A person could buy a quality N.A made product and stuff was built to last?

Now with China being allowed into the WTA we have become a disposable society....**** even vehicles are driven for 10 years(maybe) and discarded.
Let's just focus on Facts instead of repeating clearly false mantra and easily verifiable lies from a known and proven liar. Repeating lies, speaking louder, or pounding your fist, and insisting they are true doesn't change reality. Don't listen to that guy.

1) The vast majority of American consumer goods are still made in China. The imports from china have actually increased since Trump's administration, and mirror consumer spending, which has also grown proportionately. In other words, nothing has changed on the imports side of this equation.

2) There are less automotive jobs in the US today, then there were when Obama left the office.

Both examples you provided are 100% inaccurate.

What makes America Great is an opinion ...... I don't want to derail the thread any further - my apologies to the OP. If you want to challenge these two facts - start another thread. This is information published from Trump's own government that underpin these two facts.
Old 11-17-2019, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Let's just focus on Facts instead of repeating clearly false mantra and easily verifiable lies from a known and proven liar. Repeating lies, speaking louder, or pounding your fist, and insisting they are true doesn't change reality. Don't listen to that guy.

1) The vast majority of American consumer goods are still made in China. The imports from china have actually increased since Trump's administration, and mirror consumer spending, which has also grown proportionately. In other words, nothing has changed on the imports side of this equation.

2) There are less automotive jobs in the US today, then there were when Obama left the office.

Both examples you provided are 100% inaccurate.

What makes America Great is an opinion ...... I don't want to derail the thread any further - my apologies to the OP. If you want to challenge these two facts - start another thread. This is information published from Trump's own government that underpin these two facts.
Hopefully we can all agree that Obama's ideology was mostly garbage.
Old 11-17-2019, 10:40 PM

Quote:

Honestly I think people put a whole lot of words in his mouth, I agree with the below article. He even said he meant “everyone” who wasn’t wearing a poppy, not just a certain type or group of people.

https://edmontonsun.com/opinion/colu...box=1573752474

LC
Old 11-18-2019, 01:40 AM

^ Right from the article:
Quote:
...his explanation he wasn’t targeting immigrants when he talked about “you people” ... who come here...
Unless he meant “you people” who come to Toronto’s downtown...
Old 11-18-2019, 05:40 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

I prefer the words straight up from someone...whether you agree or not at least you know what is on the persons mind as in Don Cherry....too many people just float along and nod their heads when confronted then go off on the sidelines and run things down etc.....say what your going to say...make a stand...and do t worry about offending people because lord knows you will offend someone in a day just the way the cookie crumbles today.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 11-18-2019, 06:53 AM

Whenever I see or hear Ron Maclean from this point forward, I will either mute or switch channels. Judas.
Old 11-18-2019, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns2 View Post
Whenever I see or hear Ron Maclean from this point forward, I will either mute or switch channels. Judas.
Yup pretty self serving individual. Forgot who saved his job twice I guess.

LC
Old 11-18-2019, 10:25 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns2 View Post
me too.....

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 11-18-2019, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck View Post
Yup pretty self serving individual. Forgot who saved his job twice I guess.

LC
I get that what happened to Don was completely wrong, even though it is very clear to me when you actually listen to what he said that he was talking specifically about immigrants. What I don't get is why everyone is so p-oed with McClean (Not a Typo). If he stood up for Don and refused to apologise he would be gone to. He isn't 85 years old and ready to quit working. Nothing he could have done publicly would have changed the outcome and had he refused to issue the apology the owners demanded he would have been fired too. How many of you would be willing to lose your job and ability to take care of your family with an action or actions that would have absolutely ZERO impact on the outcome? Don saved his job, but nothing Ron could do would have saved Don's job. If Don wanted to keep his job he would have had to apologise and I get why he didn't want to do that. Luckily he is in a position to be able to choose.