Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 05-26-2017, 02:57 PM

Default Electric pressure washers

Ok, so here is another what is the best. Looking for thoughts and experiences with the Karchers, AR's etc. I am leaning towards the Karcher K2000 model right now but because I know few with washers and you can't try them out, what say you on the subject.
Old 05-26-2017, 04:30 PM
Banned

I think that's the one I have.

It is an awesome little unit.

not bad for $100
Old 05-26-2017, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETOWNCANUCK View Post
I think that's the one I have.

It is an awesome little unit.

not bad for $100

I'm looking at pressure washers also. I've heard that most electric ones aren't very good.

It has decent pressure and volume? I'd rather not pay a ton for a gas powered one.
Old 05-26-2017, 05:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by brslk View Post
I'm looking at pressure washers also. I've heard that most electric ones aren't very good.

It has decent pressure and volume? I'd rather not pay a ton for a gas powered one.
I think so,

I believe its 1600 PSI

I use it to clean my patio and steps,
with the ZEP concrete cleaner from Home Depot,
cleans it up nicely.
Old 05-26-2017, 07:03 PM

Water and electric,......... something wrong with that picture. You get what you pay for, its better to cry one time than have than to cry many times over. Good luck.

Bobby
Old 05-26-2017, 08:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knot Rite View Post
Water and electric,......... something wrong with that picture. You get what you pay for, its better to cry one time than have than to cry many times over. Good luck.

Bobby
actually nothing wrong with it.
Old 05-26-2017, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knot Rite View Post

Bobby
Bobby, it seems wrong to put the two together, but, water and electricity actually are not to far apart, at least on a fundamental level, the two share many design principles, flow characteristics, pipe or wire capacities.
Water distribution systems and wiring schematics look very similar in design just using differing names. Like a diode is the same job as check valve, a light switch is the same job as a ball valve..etc.
there is a design spec called the 'cube rule', .if you double the size of the conductor it can carry four times the volume.

i also agree with the cry once theory on purchases.

weatherby fans clik here....
http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/group.php?groupid=31
Old 05-27-2017, 07:29 AM

I wasn't sure how much use I would get out of one, so I bought a karcher from CT a couple years ago. I liked it. It must have froze or something in the winter, and needed to be replaced. I wanted to get a gas unit, they were on sale, but sold out. Settled on a Simonize 1900psi. this will be the second summer with that unit, very happy with it so far. but when it goes, there will be a gas unit replacing it.
Old 05-27-2017, 08:45 AM

I bought a stihl electric this spring - so far works great. I have had two previous karcher washers and they never seemed to last longer than two years without something breaking. The cost to fix them is ridiculous - usually not far off buying another new one.

I looked at gas but didn't want a big unit taking up space.
Old 05-27-2017, 03:46 PM
Banned

As long as your power source is an outlet of the ground and you are not submerging it in a pool of water, it is actually really good.

It's not like a radio in the bathroom next to the tub.

I live in a townhouse, and luxuries like a garage doesn't exist and the unit I have is small enough to fit on a shelf in my basement, and I don't have to worry about gas inside the house.

So a smaller, electric unit that I will use maybe twice a year to clean what I need to is good enough for me.
Old 05-29-2017, 01:30 PM

I own one from AR Blue Clean model 390SS (2200 PSI) , I bought that one from Amazon.ca, to be mainly use for washing cars about 4 months ago good unit, but because of the pressure hose alone, I would not recommend it, it looks and feel like it's a pvc hose, it is always tangle, I curse every times I use the washer, and you can't change the hose for rubber because the end fitting is AR Blue Clean specific.

I'm sure the gas pressure washer are better in many ways, but I don't want the noise that comes with those and don't want to pay over $1000 for a Kranzle top of the line electric, that would be a lot of crying, after intense research I would probably settle for Sun Joe, it can be found in Amazon.ca,.
Old 05-29-2017, 01:58 PM

X2 on the Stihl electric pressure washer. I had those pos ones from crappy tire and they sucked! They have lots of pressure but no volume! I was all ready to buy a gas power one so I had pressure and volume but seen the Stihl and tried it out. Very happy with it! Lots of attachments and the best hose reel I have seen on a washer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk