Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 05-19-2017, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimPS View Post
Very true - but Climate Change got them in the end too.
An asteroid impact along with possibly cataclysmic volcanism put an end to the dinos.

One force, external. The other, internal. Both of which, if happened today, humanity would have no control over. Tho, humanity could possibly intervene in the event of an approaching asteroid or comet, thus saving the planet Earth.
Are going insane.
Old 05-19-2017, 11:47 AM

This merger is going to be a train wreck! Too many ego's and too many lifer politicians trying to make the change.

This isn't going to work as it stands today!

They might have a snowballs chance in hell if Rona Ambrose leads them out of the dark. But Jean and Kenney are only going to show how contemptuous and arrogant they can be!

BW
Old 05-19-2017, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the.tru.albertan View Post
An asteroid impact along with possibly cataclysmic volcanism put an end to the dinos.

One force, external. The other, internal. Both of which, if happened today, humanity would have no control over. Tho, humanity could possibly intervene in the event of an approaching asteroid or comet, thus saving the planet Earth.
Yup, and then the dinosaurs (PC's) started to rot from within . . . and along came the NDP.

One force internal - they could have got back into order if they kicked the old trash to the curb.

The other external - the anger of the voters against shyster politicians - a factor they couldn't control - thus causing their extinction.

Call that Political Climate Change, if you want, that brought about the demise of the dinosaurs.
Old 05-19-2017, 01:07 PM

I would not vote for Kenny unless he really did something amazing to make me trust him.
Old 05-19-2017, 01:12 PM

Quote:
I'm sure they agreed to call the new party United Conservative Party - without ever speaking the initials aloud.
Heh! It was shortly after the announcement when the "pee" jokes started coming into my inbox.

Brilliant, if the idea was to adhere to the "there is no such thing as bad press" pragma...
Old 05-19-2017, 01:56 PM

I'm not going to hold my breath that the merger will be a slam dunk ... 75% approval by WRP is a pretty high bar.
Old 05-28-2017, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 260 Rem View Post
I'm not going to hold my breath that the merger will be a slam dunk ... 75% approval by WRP is a pretty high bar.
True, and the NDP will do everything in their power to ensure the WR doesn't get 75.
Old 05-29-2017, 09:57 AM

Quote:
- Kenny not - his base supporters have to many bigoted anti environment socially conservative religious wing nuts lurking in the darkness.
I think that's a bit off base...

One, most of the growth in Conservative immigrant support under Harper was due in large part to Kenney's work with various communities.

And secondly, if there are three choices, the super far right is always going to go with the most right candidate, even if he or she isn't that far right. The same is true on the left. It doesn't mean that the candidate is radical. Don't judge Kenney by who votes for him. Judge him by his policies and whether he actually associates with or encourages the looneys.
Old 05-29-2017, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okotokian View Post
I think that's a bit off base...

One, most of the growth in Conservative immigrant support under Harper was due in large part to Kenney's work with various communities.

And secondly, if there are three choices, the super far right is always going to go with the most right candidate, even if he or she isn't that far right. The same is true on the left. It doesn't mean that the candidate is radical. Don't judge Kenney by who votes for him. Judge him by his policies and whether he actually associates with or encourages the looneys.
We're in for dramatic population shifts in the near future - 10 to 20 years -7 in 10 urban residents will be non-white in two decades. Canada is experiencing the fastest rate of ethnic change of any country in the Western world.

The cities with the highest levels of visible minorities will be Greater Toronto, Metro Vancouver, Calgary, Abbotsford-Mission, Edmonton and Winnipeg - in that order.

In the future only Victoria and Kelowna will remain less than 25 per cent non-white as will Quebec, the Maritimes and rural Canada.

Kenny needs to get non white immigrant support in the urban areas for the new party. Will that be at the expense of the old right wing rural supporters?

We both know Old Hal sure as hell couldn't support that!
Old 05-29-2017, 02:47 PM

Default There will also be an age shift.

The baby boomers will be gone soon and people who are now teenagers will be voting in the next election.

This is an opportunity for the party that is able to embrace the changes.
Old 05-29-2017, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by densa44 View Post
The baby boomers will be gone soon and people who are now teenagers will be voting in the next election.

As a baby boomer (just on the tail end) I would disagree and say that most of us will still be around for the next election. It's only two years away.
Old 05-29-2017, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okotokian View Post
As a baby boomer (just on the tail end) I would disagree and say that most of us will still be around for the next election. It's only two years away.
You might be still around to vote for a while - but your will no longer politically relevant and you won't be influencing anybody younger and new at the game.

Nobody listens to an old fart when it comes to politics.

You will likely will be giving all your spare money to your kids or grand kids and paying for the "old peoples things" that you never thought you'd need.

You'll be useful for some politician by waiting for the bus to come around and pick you up at the seniors centre to round you up and get you to vote for him/her as the next greatest leader on behalf of old white seniors.