Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 05-28-2017, 10:21 PM

Toilet bowls are one of the cleanest of the commonly held dirty surfaces, so they say.

You and Keg can be as macho as you want, and make fun of people who posted a different view, but only simpletons won't acknowledge that the majority of illnesses that knock us down, are passed from person to person via public surfaces.

Lick shopping cart handles or bank machines, wipe your a_s with your toothbrush, drink water from a slough at the bottom of a cow pasture, or whatever else turns your crank. Just don't try and convince normal people that personal hygiene is a waste of time. It makes no sense to the average Joe.

I'm not too concerned about sweeping when I'm eating a burger, but I'll continue to frequently wash my hands before I prepare or eat food.

Boy we have crazy discussions

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk
Old 05-28-2017, 10:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns2 View Post
You wipe your a_s with your toothbrush?
Only when needed.
Old 05-28-2017, 10:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Toilet bowls are one of the cleanest of the commonly held dirty surfaces, so they say.

You and Keg can be as macho as you want, and make fun of people who posted a different view, but only simpletons won't acknowledge that the majority of illnesses that knock us down, are passed from person to person via public surfaces.

Lick shopping cart handles or bank machines, wipe your a_s with your toothbrush, drink water from a slough at the bottom of a cow pasture, or whatever else turns your crank. Just don't try and convince normal people that personal hygiene is a waste of time. It makes no sense to the average Joe.

I'm not too concerned about sweeping when I'm eating a burger, but I'll continue to frequently wash my hands before I prepare or eat food

Toilet seat, hard surface, usually dry so germs can't live on it - still a misconception.

Believe in the mythbusters?
http://www.discovery.com/tv-shows/my...on-toothbrush/

And it's not just them.

Enjoy brushing your teeth. Could be tasting more of the missus than you care to
Old 05-28-2017, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverdoctor View Post
Toilet seat, hard surface, usually dry so germs can't live on it - still a misconception.

Believe in the mythbusters?
http://www.discovery.com/tv-shows/my...on-toothbrush/

And it's not just them.

Enjoy brushing your teeth. Could be tasting more of the missus than you care to
Oh my. LOL

This is a crazy thread. All in good fun though
Old 05-28-2017, 10:33 PM

Quote:
You wipe your a_s with your toothbrush?
I use my wife's.
Old 05-28-2017, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brslk View Post
I use my wife's.
Oh double my
Old 05-28-2017, 11:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by brslk View Post
I use my wife's.
Old 05-29-2017, 08:35 AM
Banned

I propose we do an experiment. I'll go collect two litres of the nastiest pond water I can find, then ship the sealed containers to Keg and Silverdoctor. They will then videotape themselves opening the sealed containers, drinking the contents, then post to Youtube. Video updates will then be required at least every hour or until death.

If they survive they will then be pronounced The Alberta Outdoorsman of the Year. If they die I get all their fishing gear.

So who's in?
Old 05-29-2017, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weedy1 View Post
I propose we do an experiment. I'll go collect two litres of the nastiest pond water I can find, then ship the sealed containers to Keg and Silverdoctor. They will then videotape themselves opening the sealed containers, drinking the contents, then post to Youtube. Video updates will then be required at least every hour or until death.

If they survive they will then be pronounced The Alberta Outdoorsman of the Year. If they die I get all their fishing gear.

So who's in?
Need cameras on the rest of us to see who dies of laughter.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 05-29-2017, 08:44 AM
Banned

Quote:

So who's in?
Fair enough of a challenge. I'm in, but only as a spectator of course.
Old 05-29-2017, 09:17 AM
Banned

Quote:

So who's in?
Funny fellers you are. You've likely already had giardia and probably will again.

Have a cat? Imagine what gets tracked around your home on the cats' paws. Feces, urine, and whatever is living in the litter box.

Have a dog? Watch the dog clean it's arse, then lick it's paws, general grooming, then it rolls all over the floor.

Go for a walk, you've likely stepped in dog crap. Wipe them off best you can but It gets in the floor mats, around the front door of your home - then tracked through.

Your kids swim in lakes? Wow. Too bad for them. Lots of people use Hasse lake, how much feces do you figure is in the water from the gulls? Gawd love the dumpducks, can only imagine the bacteria they carry.

The list goes on and on. Now have you ever had unexplained diarrhea? Yeah, you can eat off the floor of your home. Hate to break it to you, the world is a dirty place.

It never ceases to amaze me at how people have become afraid and wary of everything.
Old 05-29-2017, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Funny fellers you are. You've likely already had giardia and probably will again.

Have a cat? Imagine what gets tracked around your home on the cats' paws. Feces, urine, and whatever is living in the litter box.

Have a dog? Watch the dog clean it's arse, then lick it's paws, general grooming, then it rolls all over the floor.

Go for a walk, you've likely stepped in dog crap. Wipe them off best you can but It gets in the floor mats, around the front door of your home - then tracked through.

Your kids swim in lakes? Wow. Too bad for them. Lots of people use Hasse lake, how much feces do you figure is in the water from the gulls? Gawd love the dumpducks, can only imagine the bacteria they carry.

The list goes on and on. Now have you ever had unexplained diarrhea? Yeah, you can eat off the floor of your home. Hate to break it to you, the world is a dirty place.

It never ceases to amaze me at how people have become afraid and wary of everything.
Best morning read award.

http://globalnews.ca/news/2913400/pa...e-reasons-why/

People that fear their surroundings and hide in Lysol fumigated homes have far more to fear than those that venture outside and get dirty.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 05-29-2017, 09:44 AM

I'm always creeped out by people/weirdos who allow their house cats onto their kitchen counters and tables, considering that those paws are straight out of the litter box. Anyone care for a sandwich prepared on those surfaces?
Old 05-29-2017, 02:04 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post
I'm always creeped out by people/weirdos who allow their house cats onto their kitchen counters and tables, considering that those paws are straight out of the litter box. Anyone care for a sandwich prepared on those surfaces?
I'm bustin a gut here:sHa_shakeshou t:

These are the same people who must invent scenarios to try to make their point, rather then simply stating what they think.

Like anyone's gonna drink some devils cocktail brewed up by some internet wannabee. And just what kind of yuppy poops in a stream anyway! That's just disgusting.

Be a man, dig a hole and bury it for God's sake!

They think if they invent a disgusting enough scenario people who disagree with them will somehow become germaphobes like themselves.

It ain't gonna work. A REAL OUTDOORSMAN knows the difference between fact and fiction.

Fact, There are germs everywhere.
Fact, Some germs are harmless, some are even beneficial.
Fact, All things in moderation.
Fact, scare tactics do not work. On real outdoorsmen.

Fact, most germaphobes let their pets walk on their counters, eat from their dinner plates and lick their faces. Some even let their pets lick their mouths. YUCK YUCKITY YUCK YUCK!!!!

I'd rather drink from a mosquito infested swamp then let a pet lick my face. And I never have and never will drink from a mosquito infested swamp, only a wannabee outdoorsman would do that! That's just dumb.

George Bernard Shaw
Old 05-29-2017, 03:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KegRiver View Post
I'd rather drink from a mosquito infested swamp then let a pet lick my face.
That doesn't bother me at all... All things considered, I'm sure he's more worried about where my tongue has been
Old 05-29-2017, 03:55 PM

just back from a week in Mexico at a 5 star all inclusive. There they said the water is safe to drink from the tap but they don't recommend it, use the free bottled water instead. Are they paranoid or just careful?
Old 05-29-2017, 04:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered user View Post
just back from a week in Mexico at a 5 star all inclusive. There they said the water is safe to drink from the tap but they don't recommend it, use the free bottled water instead. Are they paranoid or just careful?
People that live in Mexico can drink the water, they are used to it and likely immune at this point to whatever is in it. Foreigners guts aren't used to it. Better safe than sorry I guess.
Old 05-29-2017, 05:43 PM

I saw a guy at the trailer dump that didn't get a good connection, when he pulled the handle the hose popped off. Instead of closing the valve he valiantly tried to reconnect the hose now that was ugly. He was standing there dripping yelling for his wife to bring him a towel.

Old 05-29-2017, 05:54 PM
Banned

Quote:

Yeah, yeah, yeah. We know all of those facts. Doesn't make a point against good personal hygiene though. Surely, you don't drink out of the toilet even after flushing now....do you?
Old 05-29-2017, 06:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gitrdun View Post
Yeah, yeah, yeah. We know all of those facts. Doesn't make a point against good personal hygiene though. Surely, you don't drink out of the toilet even after flushing now....do you?
Never said there was anything wrong with personal hygiene.

You don't need to drink out of the toilet - toilet water comes to you
Old 05-29-2017, 06:33 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
That doesn't bother me at all... All things considered, I'm sure he's more worried about where my tongue has been
ROFL I get what you are saying. But this is a family forum.

George Bernard Shaw
Old 05-29-2017, 08:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
bb356 blushes every time when you mention where you put your tongue on him
Old 05-29-2017, 09:41 PM
Banned

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
People that live in Mexico can drink the water, they are used to it and likely immune at this point to whatever is in it. Foreigners guts aren't used to it. Better safe than sorry I guess.
So let me get this straight. Your not worried about getting giardia in Canada, enjoy french kissing your dog, but you wouldn't drink the water in Mexico?
Old 05-29-2017, 10:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
So let me get this straight. Your not worried about getting giardia in Canada, enjoy french kissing your dog, but you wouldn't drink the water in Mexico?
Alot of Mexico's water is toxic. Would you drink the river water in India? Bangledesh? Probably not.

I've drank from the bow west of the city, west of Banff. Never got sick. I don't worry about viruses, germs, bacteria. If it happens, it happens. The gut is the first line of defense - and the chances of actually having severe complications from Giardia is pretty slim.

Wouldn't drink it out of the river that runs through the city.

Enjoy brushing your teeth I'm sure many are reaching for the bleach after this thread.
Old 05-29-2017, 10:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Alot of Mexico's water is toxic. Would you drink the river water in India? Bangledesh? Probably not.

I've drank from the bow west of the city, west of Banff. Never got sick. I don't worry about viruses, germs, bacteria. If it happens, it happens. The gut is the first line of defense - and the chances of actually having severe complications from Giardia is pretty slim.

Wouldn't drink it out of the river that runs through the city.

Enjoy brushing your teeth I'm sure many are reaching for the bleach after this thread.
I haven't been sick in over 10 years. Must have had something to do with letting my dog drink milk from my mouth at parties years ago. Man I was such a chick magnet outdoorsman back then, that milk trick got them everytime.
Old 05-29-2017, 10:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
I haven't been sick in over 10 years. Must have had something to do with letting my dog drink milk from my mouth at parties years ago. Man I was such a chick magnet outdoorsman back then, that milk trick got them everytime.
What a studmuffin you must have been
Old 05-30-2017, 05:00 AM

Quote:
Not used to it, they already have Hepatitis. As the old saying goes, "you can always tell a fool but you can't tell him much."
Old 05-30-2017, 05:32 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.
Wink

Quote:

I'm not too concerned about sweeping when I'm eating a burger, but I'll continue to frequently wash my hands before I prepare or eat food.

Boy we have crazy discussions

A hand full of loonies...not only here on this forum...is just filthy coins.
So if your willing to send me all your change to be clean let me know.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 05-30-2017, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post
A hand full of loonies...not only here on this forum...is just filthy coins.
So if your willing to send me all your change to be clean let me know.
That's a gooder

Old 05-30-2017, 05:39 AM

Only if you send me your toothbrush. Lol.