Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 05-28-2017, 06:58 PM

Default Bitdefender Antivirus Software - Question ???

Had some work done on my desktop at Best Buy .... they installed Bitdefender software at n/c and the fellow suggested it was superior to the Norton software on my PC that was about expire & renew.

Did a search on the forum, the last hit was in July 2014 .... was wondering if any others here have any pro/con comments on this product.

Link ... price is less than $30.00 for 12 months/3 systems.

https://www.bitdefender.com/media/ht...Google%7c50off

Tks in advance for any input.

Cheers

David

Old 05-28-2017, 07:01 PM

Should of included this .... Product reviews:

In reviews for Bitdefender, the home version of the suite was given the PC Answers editor's choice award in a comparative review in May 2007.[18] It is also the least expensive of the top three antivirus solutions, as ranked by PC World. TopTenREVIEWS gave Bitdefender Antivirus Plus a 9.8 rating out of 10, and said "Bitdefender combines superb protection, ample features, and comprehensive support at a price that’s lower than other high-ranked programs."

Old 05-28-2017, 07:07 PM

I'm not a big fan of Norton. Tends to be a real resource pig. Been using Webroot for 3 years and it's pretty smooth and VERY fast.

www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2372364,00.asp
Old 05-28-2017, 07:14 PM

Memory express had me go on eset Nod32 antivirus to protect the computer from stuff getting in and malwarebyte antimalware to find it if it does get in. My windows ten is very slow sending a picture or receiving a picture but I am not sure what is causing that.
Old 05-28-2017, 10:13 PM

Buy Norton Security Deluxe and Premium Boxing day sale for $25.00 for 5 devices. Also have them for Black Friday. Work on phone as well as puters.

No issues for me.
Buy them every boxing day.

Think Security Premium 10 devices were on for $40 or $50. Getting old dont remember which so we will say 45?

made in Alberta__ born n raised.

FS-Tinfool hats by the roll.
Old 05-28-2017, 10:17 PM
Banned

When it comes to security software - as with everything else - as long as you feel safe and secure with it, then you're secure.

However.

Do run another program periodically, like malwarebytes standalone. Or ADWcleaner or any other one shot scanner. You might be surprised.
Old 05-28-2017, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artie View Post
Memory express had me go on eset Nod32 antivirus to protect the computer from stuff getting in and malwarebyte antimalware to find it if it does get in. My windows ten is very slow sending a picture or receiving a picture but I am not sure what is causing that.

Try downloading Crap Cleaner and running it. I think you get the deluxe version for a few days and then can keep on updating the basic version forever. Decent for cleaning up your cache.
Old 05-29-2017, 10:15 AM

Microsoft Security Essentials.

Zero dollars.
Old 05-29-2017, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverdoctor View Post
When it comes to security software - as with everything else - as long as you feel safe and secure with it, then you're secure.

However.

Do run another program periodically, like malwarebytes standalone. Or ADWcleaner or any other one shot scanner. You might be surprised.

Tks all for the replies .... I'll leave the free Bitdefender program on my system.

S/D .... I use Adw Cleaner by ToolslLib as my back-up program, it has found a few unwanted programs that my old Norton didn't remove.

Link .... https://toolslib.net/downloads/finish/1/

Cheers

D.

Old 05-29-2017, 06:03 PM

I have 15 or so copies of bitdefender on various computers, it is the best Antivirus by far. Low cpu utilization, good customization and isn't hard to be rid of. Ridding a computer of Norton is harder to get rid of than the viruses it is supposed to protect you from.
Old 05-29-2017, 07:00 PM

Used BitDefender before, wasnt overly impressed. Using KAV that is $20 for 3 devices at Boxing day.

Anything free is not happening on my system. Use asuch resources as full versions, provide f-all functionality.