Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 05-29-2017, 02:54 PM

Default Pt.Mcneill fishing charter

I am headed to Vancouver island this summer and would like to do some sea fishing. I had originally booked with a charter out of port mcneill but haven't heard from them in nearly a month and haven't confirmed my dates or deposit.

Don't want to risk losing anymore days, hoping someone can recommend someone reliable. Looking for day trip only.
Old 05-29-2017, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonecollector10 View Post
I am headed to Vancouver island this summer and would like to do some sea fishing. I had originally booked with a charter out of port mcneill but haven't heard from them in nearly a month and haven't confirmed my dates or deposit.

Don't want to risk losing anymore days, hoping someone can recommend someone reliable. Looking for day trip only.
Last summer, I hired Leo Tureczek out of Telegraph Cove. If I remember correctly, he lives in Port McNeil. $110/hr with a 5hr minimum. He gave us lots of information on the area and we caught 3 Chinook (only 1 legal, 24 lbs) in the 6-7 hours we were out there. Fishing was a bit slow, but We had a great time with Leo. We are heading back to that area on June 9-14.
telegraphcoveadventure.com
Grey Ghost Fishing Charters and Adventure Tours
Old 05-30-2017, 08:18 AM
AO Sponsor

Port McNeil... My impression of the place is that you better be there when there are some serious runs happening or you likely are just going for an expensive boat ride??? My suggestion is either go a little further north to Port Hardy or west to Ucluelet/Tofino where you can get onto the open ocean... that gives many options and spectacular fishing for sure, so long as you go with a good charter. Go somewhere that maximizes your potential, and I think the inside passage of V Island is hit or miss.

Do your research in picking a charter cuz it really sounds like lotsa guys go for really nice boat rides often even in those places.

Last edited by Marty S; 05-30-2017 at 08:27 AM.
Old 05-30-2017, 05:10 PM
AO Sponsor

One of the local charter operators in McNeill got arrested on drug trafficking. Pm me with guys name and I'll let you know if it was him.
www.serengetifishingcharters.com

The BEST Chinook Salmon and Halibut Fishing On the Coast
Old 05-30-2017, 07:41 PM
AO Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serengeti Charters View Post
One of...
Go fish with this man, just a short drive from McNeil.