Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 01-07-2017, 12:22 AM

Default GA Precision Actions

Can you buy GA Precision Actions in Canada? Are there any other Rem 700 clones with 3 lug actions available in Canada?
Old 01-07-2017, 06:15 AM

Ultimatum Precision (Abbotsford BC) uses a 3-lug floating bolt head and KS Arms (Edmonton) uses a 3 lug bolt as well. The KS Arms action isn't a perfect Rem 700 drop in because, if I remember correctly, the rear tang is a bit longer.

If you want a GAP Action, you should be able to have Prophet River import one for you.
Old 01-07-2017, 08:44 AM
Shooting Xs

I believe GA Precision uses Defiance actions built to their specs ,at least that's what I was told by a fella I know ,who's opinion I trust, that has two GAP rifles.
You may want to look at Defiance actions also for import.
Old 01-07-2017, 08:57 AM
Banned

KS arms and ultimatum precision are manufactured in Canada
Old 01-07-2017, 09:04 AM

Insite Arms is in the process of making their own action that would be similar. Alberta company, most of info on it is on CGN. I think they are also have contacts with GA as well. If I remember correctly they trained under GA precision then started there own company here.
Old 01-07-2017, 09:15 AM

Default Thanks

Thanks guys. I have seen the ultimate before but for some reason forgot about them. Isn't getting older and having no memory great!

I wonder if they are associated with MDT chasis in Vancouver?
Old 01-07-2017, 07:24 PM

Gap is a defiance, bighorn sales is a defiance dealer.
"I don't know about the "shooting Savages" part. I have one and I have had considerable difficulty doing well with it. Part of the reason for this is that I feel a need to put bag over my head to hide my identity when ever I am shooting it!"
Leeper
Old 01-08-2017, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogie View Post
Insite Arms is in the process of making their own action that would be similar. Alberta company, most of info on it is on CGN. I think they are also have contacts with GA as well. If I remember correctly they trained under GA precision then started there own company here.
Yes they do have their own action being built now. And it looks very promising from what I have read/seen.
Although they did not train under GAP, they trained under Robert Gradous. Who IMO is equally as skilled a rifle builder.
I have a 7mm mag built by Harley at Insite. Very nice rifle, shoots better than I ever will.
Old 01-09-2017, 09:12 AM

I work for Ultimatum Precision. They are not associated with MDT. MDT has seen the three lug action and they can make most of their chassis with a "drop-in" fit for the U300 action.
Old 01-11-2017, 10:31 AM

Couple of corrections to this thread.

KS Arms has a 3 lug action. Built in Edmonton. We use them all the time and the are excellent. Rear tang is a little longer, wider and thicker. Drops into all MDT chassis, minor milling on the Cadex, protrudes on a McMillan like the heavy Defiance do, drops into the AI Chassis.

Ultimatum makes a 3 lug action but has a floating bolt head. Does not work with MDT HS3 chassis with the buttstocks. The sear assembly impacts the stock assembly. Heavier bolt lift that most other 3-lug actions by a couple pounds even after the most recent modification. (Barnard 8lbs, KS 9lbs, GAP Precision 7lbs I think)

GA Precision has the Tempest (3-lug) manufactured by a different machine shop. Defiance makes the Templar (2-lug) for them.

Insite has a 3-lug in development that looks very similar to the GAP Tempest. Not much info available yet. They did not train under GAP, they trained under Robert Gradous.

While the GAP Tempest is an EXCELLENT piece of equipment and very well though out, there are 3 very well design Canadian action available at very good prices. And I can speak from personal experience that the service from KS Arms is absolutely outstanding. Headed over there today to pick up two more.