Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 02-24-2024, 10:20 AM

Default Pharmacare?

O.K. what is the plan? Given that political parties only try to help themselves not us, and that winning is everything, how will this work?

The Libs take over some ND seats and have a majority government.

Both the Libs and the NDs stay the same and we have another semi permanent minority government.

The PCs can find a way to win more seats because of this plan.

Well what is your best guess?
Old 02-24-2024, 10:28 AM

Libs just purchased a bunch of votes from those who like having free stuff. Election will be called when a new poll shows them getting back the support they lost. Remember - Free stuff makes us happy.

Dodger.
Old 02-24-2024, 10:48 AM

NDP may get a few extra votes, liberals are done. Hopefully to non-party status.
Old 02-24-2024, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger View Post
Libs just purchased a bunch of votes from those who like having free stuff. Election will be called when a new poll shows them getting back the support they lost. Remember - Free stuff makes us happy.

Dodger.
I don't think they can turn the polls around before the next election. Every scandal seems to be costing them a little bit, and they can't avoid scandals for over a year.
Old 02-24-2024, 11:19 AM

Default Read the fine print - this savior has been oversold

So unless you need contraceptives or SOME diabetes meds this breakthrough won't mean a thing. High Blood Pressure - tough, gout - tough, arthritis - suffer, chronic pain - suck it up. Even on the diabetes front, the more expensive stuff like Ozempic isn't covered.

But if you are lucky enough to avoid getting knocked up while maintaining a good A1C then Jugmeathead and the Turd are saving your life, please (they're begging) check the right box on the ballot.

But who am I to rain on this solution...many months late and hollow like a cheap Easter bunny. In desperate times any bright light will do, no matter how dim(witted).

If they saved the money wasted on ArriveScam they might be able to cover Aspirin as well.

Zeke
Old 02-24-2024, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by densa44 View Post
O.K. what is the plan? Given that political parties only try to help themselves not us, and that winning is everything, how will this work?

The Libs take over some ND seats and have a majority government.

Both the Libs and the NDs stay the same and we have another semi permanent minority government.

The PCs can find a way to win more seats because of this plan.

Well what is your best guess?
My best guess is that this breakthrough "deal" was thought up as a way for jag to save face and not have to pull support and force an election. I believe I read today that he needs to make it till Feb 2025 to be eligible for the gold plated pension that he lusts for.
Old 02-24-2024, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PartTimeHunter View Post
My best guess is that this breakthrough "deal" was thought up as a way for jag to save face and not have to pull support and force an election. I believe I read today that he needs to make it till Feb 2025 to be eligible for the gold plated pension that he lusts for.
+1
Old 02-24-2024, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PartTimeHunter View Post
I believe I read today that he needs to make it till Feb 2025 to be eligible for the gold plated pension that he lusts for.
100%, and it becomes more and more obvious exactly what Singh is holding out for as each month goes by.
Old 02-24-2024, 05:11 PM

Smile Partimehunter

So far this is the best analysis in my mind. It is about as sleasy as you can get. The sort comings in the plan as were pointed out comes second so far.

When do you think that JT will perform a lateral arabesck?

That's not how to spell it I'm sure but you get the idea.