Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-16-2024, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JillianMaddox View Post
The decision on Alberta's separation or independence is a complex issue that requires serious discussion and analysis. Canada's federal system allows provinces and territories to have significant autonomy to make decisions within their jurisdictions. The division of power between the federal and provincial governments promotes a balance of interests and gives regions the opportunity to represent their interests.
This is not a real person.
Old 04-16-2024, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey Cox View Post
X2
Old 04-16-2024, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JillianMaddox View Post
The decision on Alberta's separation or independence is a complex issue that requires serious discussion and analysis. Canada's federal system allows provinces and territories to have significant autonomy to make decisions within their jurisdictions. The division of power between the federal and provincial governments promotes a balance of interests and gives regions the opportunity to represent their interests.
This is a Bot 100 percent
Old 04-16-2024, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey Cox View Post
Not on facebook?
Old 04-16-2024, 06:02 PM

Things must be moving in the right direction if lieberal bots are chiming in. APP first.
Old 04-16-2024, 07:19 PM

What is a bot?
Old 04-16-2024, 08:29 PM

Buy a liberal party membership, support and vote for Trudeau’s continued party leadership, and assist in getting the liberals re-elected. The prospect of 4 more years of Trudeau liberals would be the fastest way to convince Albertans to separate.
Old 04-16-2024, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by W921 View Post
What is a bot?
Using a AI platform such as ChatGPT or something similar to respond to question.
Old 04-16-2024, 08:40 PM

"The division of power between the federal and provincial governments promotes a balance of interests and gives regions the opportunity to represent their interests."

Thanks ChatGPT! That is exactly why Separation from Canada is being discussed. Alberta and Saskatchewan are NOT given the opportunity to represent their interests.

Representation is not happening in Ottawa of Alberta's interests. The East decides what they want from Alberta and Alberta must deliver without question.

Drewski
Old 04-17-2024, 02:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper View Post
Buy a liberal party membership, support and vote for Trudeau’s continued party leadership, and assist in getting the liberals re-elected. The prospect of 4 more years of Trudeau liberals would be the fastest way to convince Albertans to separate.
I disagree. 8 more years of Trudeau wouldn’t do it. Look on this board there are members saying to just sit back and enjoy the ride. There is only one thing that will get people like that to ever react. Starvation. The serf will only rise when faced with hunger. That is why the Romans made sure to give them their bread and Circus. Even as Rome fell the people didn’t care as long as they were fed. As long as Albertans have food and facebook, the majority will not care. Heck, they may even be upset with your negative view of the world.
Old 04-17-2024, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperMOA View Post
I disagree. 8 more years of Trudeau wouldn’t do it. Look on this board there are members saying to just sit back and enjoy the ride. There is only one thing that will get people like that to ever react. Starvation. The serf will only rise when faced with hunger. That is why the Romans made sure to give them their bread and Circus. Even as Rome fell the people didn’t care as long as they were fed. As long as Albertans have food and facebook, the majority will not care. Heck, they may even be upset with your negative
view of the world.
And that is the unfortunate truth, there are many in Canada, and some right here on AO, that will just tolerate whatever happens, because there are worse places in the world. They don't care how much our standard of living falls, as long as there are places that are worse. They don't even care how bad it will get for their children and grandchildren, as long as they get some handouts and still have a roof over their head, and food on the table. And it's this tolerance for the decline, that is the reason that the decline continues, these people are enabling the liberals/ndp mafia to get away with what they are doing, so they have no reason to back off their agenda. And yes, some of these people even dare to accuse those of us that are concerned about what is going on, with being too negative, because we don't just smile and accept the decline without concern, like they do.
Old 04-17-2024, 07:43 AM

Lot's of People we know in Mexico have left Canada including the people we rent from! They all say we are tired of the Canadian way! And what the government is doing! They have gotten there citizenship and are loving it!
Old 04-17-2024, 10:35 AM

One reason separation won't happen any time soon. Is misinformation. Just locally in my area some people who have no clue think Danielle Smith is going to take away their CPP, destroy ,defund,destroy,healthcare ,get rid of the RCMP and then no police protection, etc,etc.
All these people and most old enough to know better screaming about anything Danielle Smith does but same people against any solutions or against anything that could make things better.
I was talking in person to a community want to be on council type. I was telling her about Nobleford and how it was growing without government money. Jobs and affordable housing, etc. She said if you like that type of place. Basically she didn't like it because no swimming pool,dozen's of every type of baseball, soccer, tennis courts,etc, water parks all these recreational things built by basically outside government money. Didn't like young people attracted to Noblefords jobs. Preferred more of a retirement town.
Old 04-18-2024, 06:43 AM

Even though it's a wet dream of mine, Alberta's independence will never happen in our lifetime. The best outcome for Alberta and Albertans at this point is more autonomy from Ottawa. We can start by punting the RCMP out, having our own pension fund, and collecting both federal and provincial income taxes in Alberta.

I can't believe that in 2024 we're even having a conversation about "equal treatment" and having the same deal as quebec in this woke hell hole of a country. I thought the MO of the clowns in Ottawa was all about being equal....????
Old 04-18-2024, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by W921 View Post
One reason separation won't happen any time soon. Is misinformation. Just locally in my area some people who have no clue think Danielle Smith is going to take away their CPP, destroy ,defund,destroy,healthcare ,get rid of the RCMP and then no police protection, etc,etc.
All these people and most old enough to know better screaming about anything Danielle Smith does but same people against any solutions or against anything that could make things better.
I was talking in person to a community want to be on council type. I was telling her about Nobleford and how it was growing without government money. Jobs and affordable housing, etc. She said if you like that type of
place. Basically she didn't like it because no swimming pool,dozen's of every type of baseball, soccer, tennis courts,etc, water parks all these recreational things built by basically outside government money. Didn't like young people attracted to Noblefords jobs. Preferred more of a
retirement town.
The media is very powerful, that is why Trudeau pays certain sources to post liberal propaganda, while he censors other sources through legislation.
Old 04-18-2024, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper View Post
Truth
Old 04-18-2024, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armorman View Post
Even though it's a wet dream of mine, Alberta's independence will never happen in our lifetime. The best outcome for Alberta and Albertans at this point is more autonomy from Ottawa. We can start by punting the RCMP out, having our own pension fund, and collecting both federal and provincial income taxes in Alberta.

I can't believe that in 2024 we're even having a conversation about "equal treatment" and having the same deal as quebec in this woke hell hole of a country. I thought the MO of the clowns in Ottawa was all about being equal....????
Equality isn't what they're going for.

People east of Thunder Bay don't know about Alberta and don't care about Alberta. Never have, never will.
There's also a little jealousy there in my opinion. Jealous of the oil money.