Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 12-05-2015, 04:54 AM

Was drawn for cow elk Dec 21 -Jan 20 around sprint river (359)
Was planning on not going,but if anyone needs a partner let me know as it got slow at work.

Last edited by -JR-; 12-05-2015 at 05:04 AM.
Old 12-11-2015, 08:34 PM

Experienced hunter looking to go back out to Alberta for a hunt next fall. Deer and or elk.

I was out there in 2005 and actually was hosted by a member on here. I hunted around Edson, Robb and NoJack.

I live in Riverview, New Brunswick

Thanks

Scott
Old 12-15-2015, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyChevy View Post
406 by foot always looking for some new guys, 99% sure bikes aren't allowed out on the 1 side.. Most paths me and a friend hunt on weekends have packed down a ton of snow are selves but most already have some foot trails
406 is abit to far for me!! thanks tho ill keep it in mind
Old 12-29-2015, 08:05 PM
Banned

Looking for someone to partner with to go wolf & coyote hunting.

I have a lifted 2014 4x4 Tacoma w/studded off-road winter tires, so I don't mind driving in adverse conditions.

PM me...
Old 12-30-2015, 05:38 PM

Default Posting for a friend

My buddy has a late season cow tag for 304, and hes looking to partner up with someone else thats got a tag. His number is 403-634-9250
Old 12-30-2015, 11:30 PM

Re-posting with positive hope to find an experienced hunting partner who has time and patience for a novice.

I'm from Edmonton, very passionate about the outdoors, good at planning but clueless about hunting. I have my PAL, AHEIA training/certification, own a Tikka T3 .308 and have a white-tailed deer tag.

I'm looking a hunting mentor/buddy who is willing to teach a first time hunter and make a friend for future hunts!
Old 12-30-2015, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hossain View Post
Re-posting with positive hope to find an experienced hunting partner who has time and patience for a novice.

I'm from Edmonton, very passionate about the outdoors, good at planning but clueless about hunting. I have my PAL, AHEIA training/certification, own a Tikka T3 .308 and have a white-tailed deer tag.

I'm looking a hunting mentor/buddy who is willing to teach a first time hunter and make a friend for future hunts!
Deer season ended about a month ago Hossain. Not being a smart aleck but you did say that you were a novice so I'm going to take it at face value. Please don't go out and fill that tag tomorrow. You will have to wait until next fall and purchase a new 2016 tag. Good Luck.
Old 12-31-2015, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 338Bluff View Post
Deer season ended about a month ago Hossain. Not being a smart aleck but you did say that you were a novice so I'm going to take it at face value. Please don't go out and fill that tag tomorrow. You will have to wait until next fall and purchase a new 2016 tag. Good Luck.
Thank you 338Bluff. I am still interested to be hosted by a member on here for any type of hunting. It would be my first time experience out in the wild as hunter.
Old 01-01-2016, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by winger7mm View Post
My buddy has a late season cow tag for 304, and hes looking to partner up with someone else thats got a tag. His number is 403-634-9250
Too bad it's not 302. I just filled my tag and know where a few cow elk are hanging out.
Old 01-04-2016, 05:24 PM

Default Sheep

Hey looking for someone that wants to take on a sheep hunting partner. Looking to do some scouting trips and then some hunting trips in the fall. Have all my own gear and been hunting for a while for other species. I would prefer to backpack in and am alright for multiple days. If interested let me know and we can plan some scouting trips.
Old 01-06-2016, 05:55 PM

Default Coyote and Wolf Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by J0HN_R1 View Post
Looking for someone to partner with to go wolf & coyote hunting.

I have a lifted 2014 4x4 Tacoma w/studded off-road winter tires, so I don't mind driving in adverse conditions.

PM me...
Where are you located?
Old 01-07-2016, 08:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 338Bluff View Post
He would need a tag/license to be able to hunt coyotes/wolves this season, so it works in his favor for now atleast.

But I understand what you are saying, and agree. Hopefully he gets set up with a good mentor.
Old 01-07-2016, 08:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wraith11 View Post

Where are you located?
Currently, @ home...

In SE Calgary.
Old 01-07-2016, 11:44 PM

I am located in SW Calgary and want to get out this weekend to chase upland bird or rabbits- last weekend for grouse and I want to enjoy it. Anyone know any good spots? I'm super easy going and down to earth. I have the licenses and equipment plus truck to get out. PM me.

Thx
Old 01-08-2016, 06:40 AM

Planning to go for cow elk Jan 16 & 17 in 310. My tag is valid until Jan 20. Been out for quite a few days with no success. Hoping to partner with experienced guy to fill the tag. PM me if interested. I am in SE Calgary.
Old 01-09-2016, 12:28 PM

Hey all I am a semi experienced hunter been hunting for the last 4 or 5 years, but just moved to Calgary about a year ago for work. Was sad leave behind all my experience and hunting property back in Ontario and looking to meet some hunting company for next season. I've met a few great guys here but its always great to meet a few more and learn the area and regs. Is anyone interested in meeting up for a beer or coffee and chatting with the goal of sharing some info and perhaps going out next season? Cheers
Old 01-09-2016, 07:28 PM

Default Interested in some coyote hunting

Experienced big game hunter, but have only gone for coyotes a few times and with no success. Based in Calgary, and am retired so can go during the week. Let me know by pm if you need a partner.
Old 01-10-2016, 12:59 AM

Cool New Edmonton Outdoorsman

23 year old guy who's relatively new to Edmonton and looking for some new friends to go hunting and fishing with. I've been hunting for the past 4 years and for now I mainly go for smaller game (duck, grouse, rabbit, coyote). I tried my luck at my first deer hunting season last year with no luck.

I really don't care if you're an expert or a totally inexperienced hunter, I'm just tired of sitting around at home with the gf and going out in the bush alone. I'm a laid back guy who likes to have a good time, is mature and responsible (with guns and in general), and has no problem splitting gas and costs for trips.

Shoot me a message or a reply here if you're interested.
Old 01-12-2016, 05:29 PM

Default Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by J0HN_R1 View Post
Currently, @ home...

In SE Calgary.
I'm in the SW Calgary
Old 01-16-2016, 04:25 PM

Default Re located to Olds AB looking for a new local hunting partner

Hello All

I have moved from Red Deer to Olds this past fall and would like to find someone local to olds or Sundre area hat would like a hunting partner and knows the local area around town for the 2016 fall season
I usually hunt alone but would like to get away from that due o safety reasons
I have hunted for numerous years and fully equip to handle most any four legged creatures i.e. own Quad, trailer Truck etc.
PM me if interested
Old 01-17-2016, 05:41 PM
Banned

Looking to partner up with other treaty status hunters. I'm in Edmonton but willing to travel anywhere within 2 hours.... I'm a novice hunter but have a few kills under the belt.

Will split costs and depending on where we hunt I have access to lots of private land we could take advantage of.
Old 01-22-2016, 12:03 PM
Banned

Default Calgary area coyote hunt

I have permission on a few sections in wmu 132 very close to Calgary bow river borders one side and seen lots of coyotes in deer season farmer wants them thinned out now I have all my own gear and truck if anyone is interested in a coyote hunt let me know I don't want any hides so anything we get you are welcome to have I am fairly new to coyote hunting but do know they are there and with no hunting on either side of this piece for miles would think the coyotes are not to pressured for now
Old 01-25-2016, 12:03 AM

I am treaty status, I am in Edmonton, I got some decent bush skills, only ever assisted and tagged along for hunting trips, done snaring, trapping, fishing, got all my own gear (hand made moccs and mitts lol) skinned a few animals; beaver, muskrat, marten, fox, birds, helped with black bear.
My family are all trappers, I'm extremely comfortable in the bush, and I am a safe and reliable person (wont aim my barrel aimlessly), would you consider overnighter trips even? You should message me anyways, speak to each other and say hello.

I have been on hunting trips several times a year my whole life.
Old 01-25-2016, 09:59 AM

Default Spring Snow Goose hunt.

In 2 months will be open season for spring snow goose hunting!
Last year I saw a lots of fields covered by goose.
But I don't have a permition for hunt in these fields.

Guys, I am intensively looking for person who has access and need help to solve this growing problem for farmers.
I have everything including experience and ready to travel from Calgary all over Alberta.
Old 01-25-2016, 01:11 PM

Default Definitely intersted!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad8210 View Post
I have permission on a few sections in wmu 132 very close to Calgary bow river borders one side and seen lots of coyotes in deer season farmer wants them thinned out now I have all my own gear and truck if anyone is interested in a coyote hunt let me know I don't want any hides so anything we get you are welcome to have I am fairly new to coyote hunting but do know they are there and with no hunting on either side of this piece for miles would think the coyotes are not to pressured for now
Definitely interested in going. Let me know. Tom
Old 01-26-2016, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3illy View Post
Looking to partner up with other treaty status hunters. I'm in Edmonton but willing to travel anywhere within 2 hours.... I'm a novice hunter but have a few kills under the belt.

Will split costs and depending on where we hunt I have access to lots of private land we could take advantage of.
I live out in st. paul, But theres lots in between here and there , hit me up. i'm pretty novice myself but do like to put my time in.
Old 01-31-2016, 09:29 PM

hey everyone,

Im looking for a partner to coyote hunt with. I live in the spruce grove stony plain area and willing to split associated costs. Shoot me a pm if interested.

Regards.
Old 02-02-2016, 09:22 PM

Anyone want to get together and do some hunting, maybe this month even? Originally from Ontario, don't have many outdoor friends here in Alberta, do some bushcraft, or fishing even.

I been hunting bye and bye my whole life, trapping, fishing, gathering and traditional knowledge, easy going fellow, reliable too.

I am most comfortable in my home the forest.

We can hunt, but we just cant share the food, unless your treaty.
Old 02-03-2016, 04:01 PM

Default Looking for a Hunting buddy in Southern Alberta

Hey guys, I just moved down to Calgary from Athabasca and I'm looking for someone to go deer hunting with next season. I'm a new hunter but I grew up in the outdoors and I can definitely hold my own camping. I'm more than happy to put in my share of work, and I'm not a big drinker just looking for put some meat on the table and make some new friends.

I'd definitely be up for some bird/coyote/varmint hunting as well I that's more what you're into!
Old 02-06-2016, 11:59 AM

Default Bowhunting partner

Hey guys, name is Adam and I am 25 years old and new to bowhunting/hunting in general. I am looking for somebody serious about bowhunting who would love a long-term partner to go backcountry bow hunting. I am based in Calgary but I am definitely willing to travel no problem within Alberta. I have done all my necessary bowhunting homework and now it is just a matter of field experience. Anybody willing to help me or have me tag along would be fantastic. Anybody out there with a passion for bowhunting and wanting a solid,dependable,personable bowhunting partner get in touch with me! Obviously, I have all necessary licenses,etc and I am ready to hunt this spring onwards!!

Either email at ask809@mail.usask.ca or send a text at 306-491-5732

Thanks,

Adam