Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 01-13-2018, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCCFisherman View Post
Plain and simple. The internet was the beginning of the end of earth... Our consumptions have skyrocketed once information was at our fingertips. How the world has changed in the previous 100 years to the next 100 years will be sad sad sad.

I'm not looking forward to see how it changes in the next 50 years of my life on this earth. Pre WildTV hunting wasn't "cool", now it is and look what has happened. All for a dollar, we've prostituted our country.
You nailed it!
Old 01-13-2018, 06:19 PM

Remember the time when mass demonstrations took organizers weeks or months to get the word out, now it's 5 seconds. If an anti hunting group wants to share an unethical kill from your Facebook post, it's one tap of your finger and the whole world has it in 5 seconds, now that's scary.
Old 01-15-2018, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elk396 View Post
Remember the time when mass demonstrations took organizers weeks or months to get the word out, now it's 5 seconds. If an anti hunting group wants to share an unethical kill from your Facebook post, it's one tap of your finger and the whole world has it in 5 seconds, now that's scary.
And it's the exact same for those who agree with hunting. Get your positive message out and work support the same way. .....but we don't.
Old 01-15-2018, 01:36 PM

Socially acceptable and socially unacceptable are perspectives. Perspectives are either objective or subjective. Objective perspectives are based on scientific data, scientifically verifiable. Subjective perspectives are based on feelings, emotions and attitude. The anti groups perspective is obviously subjective based. Politicians cater to the segment that they believe will garner them votes. There needs to be a united voice from whatever organization or organizations that all hunters and fishermen belong to. United we stand, divided we fall. That is the only way that politicians will listen.
Old 01-15-2018, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJS View Post
And it's the exact same for those who agree with hunting. Get your positive message out and work support the same way. .....but we don't.
I was just on another thread on this forum and a member stated that he's just plain wore out trying to add another battle to his shoulders, in which he listed many of them off. i think that's the problem, hard working family men, just recovering from a financial mess in the economy, it's tough to add another battle to the list. I'm not saying that's the sole reason, but I see a lot of people complaining, but when the time come to stand up, likely will shrug shoulders and say, 'theres not much we can do'. Im probably in that group. Takes a lot of energy and stress to get involved in this stuff.
Old 01-15-2018, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elk396 View Post
I was just on another thread on this forum and a member stated that he's just plain wore out trying to add another battle to his shoulders, in which he listed many of them off. i think that's the problem, hard working family men, just recovering from a financial mess in the economy, it's tough to add another battle to the list. I'm not saying that's the sole reason, but I see a lot of people complaining, but when the time come to stand up, likely will shrug shoulders and say, 'theres not much we can do'. Im probably in that group. Takes a lot of energy and stress to get involved in this stuff.
I agree with you on that 100%. In the end I guess it will depend on just how much we want to fight for what we love. As much as I hate the idea of spending more time fighting for this, I really hate the idea of giving in and letting some left wing tree hugger who knows nothing about the real world beat me and decide for me how I should live my life.