Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 09-13-2007, 11:05 PM

Default Fruits of your labor.......

What makes the rest of you guys tick? Does the anticipation of a hunting season make you work harder? Longer?

My job dictates that the harder/longer I work, and the more I produce, the more money I make. I've spent the past 14 weeks and 6 days working every day for a minimum of 8 hrs/day, some as long as 20, to ensure a good long, worry free, (hopefully) bountiful season this fall. I've worked my ass off and I'm damned proud of it. Now I can take off Monday for 3 1/2 weeks and enjoy it. Then I come home for 4 days, and go do it all over again for 22 days.After that, I can spend the rest of the season workin till noon 5 days/week, and takin off for the evening hunts (with one little 4 day stint for Whitetails in the 2nd week of Nov. and another 4 day stint for Whitetails in SK at the end of Nov).

Do the rest of you guys take this stuff this seriously... or do I need help?
Old 09-14-2007, 12:10 AM

Good for you, and I hear ya man! I am lucky though because my boss is a hunting freak too! Generally I am the one trying to cool HIS jets, because every day of hunting means a day off of work, and I have a young family to support. It's kindda tough, but in a good way. Have a great season ElDiablo!

Tree
Old 09-14-2007, 08:28 AM

Me too. I am a mortgage broker and it is the only job I have found where I get to work from home and the harder I work the more I make and the more time I can take off. I cannot leave for more than a day though but if I work after dark till late at night I can ensure that I can get out first thing in the morning and only have to put in a few hours and then head out again for the evening hunt.

Since joining this board a few weeks ago I have found a new anticipation for the hunting season. I always put in my time and filled my tags in rifle season, shot some geese/ducks/huns/pheasants but it was always on the weekends. Started shooting my bow again and next week I am going to go after a doe and hopefully have my first bow kill. Have always had an interest in bow hunting but never got that excited and thought if I saw something worth chasing I could do it before rifle season. With all the talk and everyone so excited and helpful on this website it has really pushed me to get more involved.

I wish we could get more people that are just getting into hunting or thinking about hunting to read this forum. I think we could attract more interest in the sport which would help us all in the future.

Now all I can think about is hunting and how I can get more time to do it