Right on the speed limit 9 8.65%
5 km/h over the speed limit 15 14.42%
10 km/h over the speed limit 43 41.35%
15 km/h over the speed limit 18 17.31%
20 km/h over the speed limit 14 13.46%
more than 20 km/h over the speed limit 4 3.85%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-14-2007, 01:54 PM

Seems everyones speeding to get nowhere fast. Whats the hurry slow down.... relax...chill out...... you'll get there. If your worried about being five minutes late then you shoulda had your sh*t together and left on time.
Old 09-14-2007, 03:19 PM

Default Slow down??

"I spend alot of time driving for work, so of course I'm a much better driver than others on the road" - that seems to be the attitude of alot of drivers around GP. I think they might be related to Stinky Coyote, I see them more than the other vehicles - once when the pass me, again at the red light.
After witnessing a couple relatively low speed crashes I've slowed down to the speed limit most of the time.

I watched an F150 try to beat an SUV through an intersection, from a dead stop, and the momentum he had by the time he got halfway thru was enough to send the SUV and several cars spinning uncontrollably. The driver of the F150 didn't even know what happened and kept his foot on the pedal the whole time (of course that was only a split second) jumping a concrete meridian and slamming into the opposing traffic. It can happen fast and throw alot of peoples lives around, but everyone already knows the consequences, they just don't care.
Old 09-14-2007, 03:26 PM

im comfortable driving 10-20+, theres bigger fish to fry when it come to enforcing the law.
Old 09-14-2007, 08:45 PM

Moved back to AB 3 years ago. Don't know the stats, but can tell you AB drivers in general drive way too fast.
I've been driving in fog at 50-80 and can only see the next power pole (approx 100m) and people are passing at about 120+.
Drivers here are much the same as in that Q place (in eastern Canada) : NUTS

Do the math: you only gain a few minutes at best ! (and burn a lot of extra fuel)

And if you got tagged in town too fast , you rightly deserved it. Kids/people can walk out from between parked cars & you have very little if any time to react.

A lot of research went into the limits. They are there for good reason.....
Old 09-14-2007, 09:32 PM

Right on Reeves ..... some of these lead-foots need to do traffic control on Alberta roads for a month ... that'd give you a new perspective on speeding ... if it didn't then you are __________!
Old 09-14-2007, 10:03 PM

Hit a cow once doin 120. Almost died, now I drive no faster than 100, even in a 110 zone,

**** alot of people off, I do, But its fun watching them get mad for me conforming with the law.

maximum fuel economy is set in all vehicles at 55 miles an hour, 95 kms.

I get up and leave extra earley, get there on time, have time to see the sights as I drive.

Theres alot of pure jack a^%ess in this province with a liscence, many here today, and your endangering the law abiding people and yourselves.

and then they blame the cops and say the cops were in the wrong.

Obey the law, never get a ticket. I have never got one in my life. 20 years of driving.

steelhead