Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 09-14-2007, 08:31 AM
Banned

Default What's up in Caledonia??

Since when did the OPP decide it was OK to do this to a person??

Seems four "youths" were found beating on an unconcious contractor with a 2X4 who was putting the finishing touches on a house he was building for his daughter and fiance. Seems Dalton Mcguinty, premier of Ontario, thinks this is perfectly acceptable.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servl...ional/Ontario/

I guess racism is alive and well in Ontario with blessings from the OPP and provincial government. How long until this comes to Alberta??
Old 09-14-2007, 02:00 PM

Default RE: Caledonia

So the Ontario provincial Government does not direct the Ontario Provincial Police. Well then who in the hell does in case like this, I wonder.
Old 09-14-2007, 04:12 PM

Default Caledonia

I don't understand the reluctance of the police to enforce the law. If I block a road I'm sure I would be carted off to jail. If I got all my friends and family there with me I'm sure they would all be carted off to jail. If we all had weapons, I'm sure we would be assaulted then carted off to jail. What is the difference? To take that one step further if I'm in my own house say cleaning my gun and the neighbor looks through the window and reports that I have a gun, the SWAT team would be coming down on me. In my own house. That poor guy. If he had hurt one of those guys boy he would be in a world of trouble with the cops. Well once he gets out of the hospital. Joke! This is the crap that gives natives a bad name. Sorry for that broad stroke but man this is sh--ty.
LB
Old 09-14-2007, 05:53 PM

The Comissioner of the OPP is Julian Fantino, the former Toronto police chief and we all know his mindset, regarding violence. He had to apologize for sending an e mail to the local municipality, threatening to cancel their policing contract, when they complained about the lack of law enforcement. When I was there in June, there was a problem with Natives dropping boulders off overpasses, onto passing cars. The OPP refused to intervene, claiming it was "Reserve Land". The Whities are pretty ****ed and there was a multitude of lawn signs saying nasty things about Dianne Findlay, the local MP and a Cabinet minister, who apparently was not to be found, when the Sh-- originally hit the fan.
Grizz
Old 09-14-2007, 11:29 PM

The reason for the lack of confrontation, Rug, is due to the fact that McGuinty et all, are heading into an election and another Oka type situation is the last thing he needs. Considering the fact that he broke almost every election promise he made in a record setting period of time, that jerk is probably sweating bullets right about now. Personally I foresee a Conservative minority government in Ontario this fall, and the native issue will play a large part in that (not to mention the shootings in the Jane Finch area).

What is most disappointing, is how the OPP has seemingly become the personal servants to the liberal aristocracy! Kind of smells like what creitien and co. managed to do to our once proud RCMP. It makes me want to puke!

As for the native issue.....I'll hold my tongue for now. All I will say is that if I don't disclipline my 2 year old for doing something, she thinks she can do it every time.......

Tree
Old 09-15-2007, 09:20 AM

This is the much talked about sub-division, which actually represents only a tiny bit of the land claim. No natives to be seen, but they've ocupied the houses in the background. What you can't see are the OPP cruisers parked across the road and discretely in the surrounding neighborhood. Just down the road, there is a private security car parked 24 hours a day, in front of the power sub stations, the natives torched and shut down the power to a large area for two and a half days.

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL123.../278270787.jpg
Old 09-16-2007, 03:24 PM

Default Caledonia

Caledonia is a issue that will not go away. It is amazing no one has been killed yet. The Federal and Ontario governments are hoping this issue will go away on its own and they cringe every time the media talks about it. If there was financial losses for a big corperation the problem would be solved now. On the other hand if anyone tried to occupy or forcably take over any of the Alberta oilsands projects the army would be called in. There is no protection for anyone that invested in the subdivision at Caledonia, the government just simply allowed this to happen. Similar things happen in third world countries all the time.