Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 09-13-2007, 03:37 PM

Default Am I crazy???

I have been waiting for hunting season all year. Now I am checking my gear everyday for the last week....i started using my mouth reed calls last week and the girlfriend thinks I am nuts.

I won't be able to hunt until the 23rd, but luckily it is in 400 which just opened..WOO HOO.....

Is anyone else going through this or should I just go admit myself to the hospital??
Old 09-13-2007, 03:53 PM
Gone Hunting

I think you should just have yourself admitted, must be something wrong with ya.

keep a strain on er.
Old 09-13-2007, 04:05 PM

Good luck in 400. Lots of mules. I would love to hunt that area this year but can't. Throw your fly rod in the truck too that area has been closed since Aug 1 and them cutties will probably bite on anything. Have a safe trip.
Old 09-13-2007, 04:48 PM

Default Ya, you're crazy....

Undeniably, irrevocably, irreversably, uncurably (and contageously) crazy. I'm familiar with your family tree, and can confirm that the pine beetle has struck again. See you in camp!!
Old 09-13-2007, 05:01 PM

I think I must be taking the same crazy pills. I know what you mean. I have packed and unpacked my hunting backpack about 5 times in the last 2 weeks. I think it's more about just playing with the gear than actually making sure that it's all there. I've practiced every one of my elk calls. I've planned out how I'm going to set-up camp on piece paper.

I leave tomorrow after work. it's going to be a long night. It seriously feels like Christmas when I was a kid.

Good luck man.
Old 09-13-2007, 05:24 PM

You are quite sane. Just an addict!

Here in the subburbs of Calgary, you should HEAR all the dogs bark down the back alley when I light up on the bugle after dark! My neighbour 3 doors up asked me the other day, "Man, did you hear that noise the other night? Weirdest thing I've ever heard!". Ahhhh, I'll tell him later.

Tree
Old 09-13-2007, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeGuy View Post
You are quite sane. Just an addict!

Here in the subburbs of Calgary, you should HEAR all the dogs bark down the back alley when I light up on the bugle after dark! My neighbor 3 doors up asked me the other day, "Man, did you hear that noise the other night? Weirdest thing I've ever heard!". Ahhhh, I'll tell him later.

Tree
I love doin that always gets the people in the neighborhood talking especially the tree huggers i got next door. They always come out thinkin its some new bird or something and they call them selves tree huggers

But no your not crazy i think any every hunter comes down with this syndrome in some way or another and some more severe then others, so now your not crazy your just a hunter

AKA MAVERICK
Old 09-13-2007, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100yds View Post
I have been waiting for hunting season all year. Now I am checking my gear everyday for the last week....i started using my mouth reed calls last week and the girlfriend thinks I am nuts.

I won't be able to hunt until the 23rd, but luckily it is in 400 which just opened..WOO HOO.....

Is anyone else going through this or should I just go admit myself to the hospital??
you're certified crazy, but you're in good company
Old 09-13-2007, 08:50 PM

Default Great idea!

I'm about to let rip with my bugle off the upstairs deck...that ought to wake up the neighborhood!

tyee43