Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 09-13-2007, 10:02 AM

Default remington tactical rifles

just woundering if anyone has heard/read anything about the remington tactical rifles? looking to get a 300win mag and was thinking about one in a tactical. but the only info i can get is off the rem website just tryin to get all the info i can 1300 buck in a big investment for a gun i have no clue about. thanks
Old 09-13-2007, 04:25 PM

I have a Remington 700 P in .308. Very nice shooting rifle, but don't plan on being comfortable if you plan on packing it around all day. Accurate as hell; it shoots better than I do, but I prefer that my equipment not be the weak link, that way I usually know where to place the blame when things go awry ( the guy in my mirror). About the only thing I don't like is that Remingtons don't have a 3-position safety, I prefer the bolt to lock when I'm givin 'er through the bush; I've nearly lost a round on more than one occasion from that, but so far have felt or heard the bolt drop open and responded accordingly. That being said, these are mostly bench rest or stationary-style hunting/varminting guns anyways. A good value IMHO.