Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2010, 09:45 AM

Angry Poor Service From Wholesale In Calgary.

Just wanted to voice my utter disgust with the VERY poor service at the rifle desk at Wholesale Sports in Calgary. Wheather its on the phone or in the store it seems like they just don't care at all about satisfying your needs.
Old 04-19-2010, 09:56 AM

very busy place I wouldn't expect much if you are calling a busy gun counter. I waited 30 minutes at least on a thursday before the long weekend . Service was ok though but all I really wanted was some .22 ammo. After waiting though I figured I might as well ask a few questions and handle a 10/22
Old 04-19-2010, 10:02 AM

I've found service OK, better now that my favourite guy from Russell's is there now. They DO need an "express lane" for ammo though. Perhaps they could staff it with a rookie, kid, etc. You don't have to be an expert to pass me some ammo. Perhaps put it all out on counters. It can't be the law that keeps it back there, there is lots of shotshells accessable. I hate waiting for something so simple while the staff shoot the breeze and hand various guns to shoppers. A gun purchase takes a long time and it's unreasonable to ask ammo buyers to wait.
Old 04-19-2010, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardsZX View Post
Just wanted to voice my utter disgust with the VERY poor service at the rifle desk at Wholesale Sports in Calgary. Wheather its on the phone or in the store it seems like they just don't care at all about satisfying your needs.
Would expect nothing more from WSS, from all my experience with them!
Old 04-19-2010, 10:12 AM

I have been going to Wholesale for many years, and have experienced first hand the ups and downs of service at the gun counter.

Service for ammunition is difficult, it's too bad they don't have it out from behind the counter like at Bass Pro or the now closed Russells. It would alleviate some of the heavy traffic, and speed up the service related to reloading and firearms.

However, if you are calling in to see if they have a certain product in stock, it can be discouraging. The volume of calls that the gun counter recieves is massive, it's a thankless job working behind there and I am not suprised at many of the salesmen's attitude toward grumpy and impatient customers.

If you want to assure yourself great service, make a point to call at the low times. I usually go in or call right when they open, there's hardly anyone in there and service is always friendly and prompt. I walk straight to the gun counter, and grab a number and usually wait about ten minutes while I peruse the hunting section.
Old 04-19-2010, 10:30 AM

I don't mind waiting for a bit if it's busy, nothing they can do about that. But I called at 9:05 this morning, call got redirected back to front dest 4 times before it was picked up at the gun counter. A rifle which I had bought last fall had to be sent back for warranty repair. Yeah it's got to cross the boarder twice and all, I can understand it may take a while. But when they say it could take UP TO 6 weeks to get back and it's been over 9 weeks now, Why when I call to see what's going on with it they just give me the run around instead of actually trying to give me an answer. And it's not just this one time either, every time, it's just very frustrating. I just want to know where my rifle is and make sure it is still in existance. Spent over $2,500 on it and it would be nice to be able to shoot it!

Been to many stores where the ammo is out in the isles, can see why they like to waste their own time and their customers time, getting ammo for them.
Old 04-19-2010, 10:37 AM

Default Online Chat for Info?

Hey, has anyone tried their online chat function to find out info? I never have. If memory serves me the last time I visited the gun counter I even saw that they had a "gun guy" online as well.
Old 04-19-2010, 10:59 AM
Administrator

Sigh!!
Closed Thread