Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 08-12-2022, 08:05 AM
Shooting Xs

Default Know Your Limits.22 Rimfire shoot

Saw these shoots online thought they looked like fun so the Club ordered 2 Gong setups.
The KYL stand has 8 "Lollipop" type gongs from 2" down to 1/4"that swing when hit, shot from a Bench or prone with either a bipod or sandbag with a rear bag, at a distance of 50 yards. Points increase as the gongs get smaller.

We decided on a time limit of 90 seconds.
You can stop at #5 or before and keep your points or if you miss before #5 you also keep those points, but if you decide to shoot # 6,7 or 8 and miss, you get zero points for the round, hence the term "Know You're Limits". Shoot 5 relays for total points.

We put one on earlier in the year and everyone said they had a lot of fun. Now that Benchrest League is done for the year we decided to run one this past Wed. evening, doing another next Wed. also.
Members of MHRRC only ,of course.
Old 08-12-2022, 11:28 AM

Should maybe spell it properly just to look professional...
Old 08-12-2022, 12:38 PM
Shooting Xs

Oops, first coffee.
Know Your Limits.

Last edited by DLab; 08-12-2022 at 12:44 PM.
Old 08-12-2022, 12:39 PM

My boys and i shoot the know your limits paper target all the time for fun. 50yds prone.
Another good one is 5 3/4" dots that all need to be shot in 30 seconds if completed you shoot 5 1/2" dots in 60 seconds.

The know your limits steel target is a great one but I have never seen one for sale local. Im sure the club will enjoy the challenge.
Old 08-12-2022, 12:54 PM
Shooting Xs

Quote:
Originally Posted by obsessed1 View Post
My boys and i shoot the know your limits paper target all the time for fun. 50yds prone.
Another good one is 5 3/4" dots that all need to be shot in 30 seconds if completed you shoot 5 1/2" dots in 60 seconds.

The know your limits steel target is a great one but I have never seen one for sale local. Im sure the club will enjoy the challenge.
Thanks
We thought it would be more fun than paper, we shoot paper BR targets during League, hearing the steel ring is a bit more fun, same as kids starting out, instant feed back.
Also, some of us old farts have a problem shooting positional disciplines like Precision Rimfire Series, so the Bench shooting option makes it a little more enjoyable and open for those with some physical issues.
Got the KYL's local in Alberta,steeltargets.ca
Old 08-12-2022, 02:19 PM

The .22 shooting sounds like lots of fun and great that the kids enjoy it.
Wondering why the benchrest league shuts down so early ?? Got lots of time before it's to cold ??
Old 08-12-2022, 03:47 PM

You Med Hat range guys have all the fun Dale. I'd love to give that a go.
Old 08-12-2022, 05:58 PM
Shooting Xs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ackleyman View Post
The .22 shooting sounds like lots of fun and great that the kids enjoy it.
Wondering why the benchrest league shuts down so early ?? Got lots of time before it's to cold ??
We run the BR Score League May, June and July, 13 shoots then usually take August off due to it usually being a little too hot and people vacationing,etc.
Also,those that organize and run them need a little break.
In Sept. we run 4 more shoots at 300 yards for Group, allowing muzzle breaks to be used, they aren't allowed during League, lets those members participate.
This year we're running the KYL's during August, the Precision Rimfire series has picked up in popularity( Have a member running those also) so we figured we'd spin something off that discipline.

So, early? LOL
Not to mention Outlaw Steel challenge running tomorrow, Carnival Rimfire shoot for kids next Saturday. Then Randy and I will do spur of the moment sort of stuff with 7-10 days notice for a quick shoot for fun.
We're having fun.