Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 08-23-2019, 03:32 PM

Default Crawling Valley New Hazard

Pulled the boat out yesterday, and after recovery noticed a basketball sized rock in the middle of the concrete marina ramp at about 0.5 m of depth, i.e. you could not see it backing down the ramp and or loading the boat!!!

We had just missed it with both trailer and boat. Why some ______ hole would leave that rock there I have no idea.

Oh and an older fella had just launch a BIG pontoon boat, he said he noticed it but did nothing about it. Makes your head sore!! needless to say it is now off the side of the launch ramp,

its sortta like there are not enuff hazards in that lake, it was put there to get you on your toes!!
Old 08-23-2019, 05:03 PM

Thanks for the post. I usually walk down the ramp and look in the water. That would be a disaster.
Old 08-23-2019, 05:22 PM

barbless; that is my new procedure!!
Old 08-23-2019, 05:29 PM

Sometimes I even walk on the dock and look cause ya never know. Will be more of a habit now for sure. Not sure if I can make it out this weekend though. Might for a day if it's not too windy.
Old 08-23-2019, 06:56 PM

Winds were brutal Tue PM, did not fish, Weds. early and late we (wife + daisy the dog and I) got on the water for an hour each time, yesterday hit a feeding frenzy from 10:30 (0.5 hours after rain stopped) to 1:00 when I came off water due to hunger and diabetes!! I was by myself and very busy. Pulled boat and will savour the memory. Wind again this morn on way back to town.
Old 08-24-2019, 09:05 AM

Well at least you got out had some success and were safe. My boat and rods are still parked in my yard. We shall see tomorrow.