Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 11-21-2018, 06:05 PM

Default Snowmobile seat re-covering

I got my old Summit seat done recently at Canadian Motor Sports Salvage & Sales Ltd in Edmonton recently for $200. Drop it off and an upholsterer will pick it up and drop it back off at this location. The guy does a great job as other seats done there hold up to the test of time as a friend has one done years ago.

The shop itself has a ton of old sleds and if they don't have the part you need they can get most anything. Picked up a hitch assembly used and new carbides recently.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ResizerImage1123X1497.jpg (38.9 KB, 53 views)
Old 11-21-2018, 06:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdamours View Post
I got my old Summit seat done recently at Canadian Motor Sports Salvage & Sales Ltd in Edmonton recently for $200. Drop it off and an upholsterer will pick it up and drop it back off at this location. The guy does a great job as other seats done there hold up to the test of time as a friend has one done years ago.

The shop itself has a ton of old sleds and if they don't have the part you need they can get most anything. Picked up a hitch assembly used and new carbides recently.
That sounds like a good deal, what material was it made of? A guy quoted me at a well know upholstery shop in Edmonton 400-450 for a 2001 Polaris Indy.
Old 11-21-2018, 06:22 PM

I can vouch for them too. Had a seat done last year, it was better than the original. The material feels better, has good stretch to it, but not too much.

I've been buying all my parts from them for a few years now, Mike has given me a LOT of mechanical advice as well.
Old 11-21-2018, 06:28 PM

I should add, I redid two sled seats myself a few years back. It is a LOT of work to do it right. Took me at least 6 or 7 hours to do one seat. I was somewhat happy with the results, but was not as perfect as the guy Canadian Motorsports uses. He has better material than what is available to the average guy too.

$200 bucks is a good deal, I've also heard of others being charged 400 bucks for the same work elsewhere.

Canadian Motorsports sells parts to people all over the country, even Nunavut! Sometimes they get some rare parts in stock.
Old 11-21-2018, 06:41 PM

That’s a good deal. As new cover is 130-150 to buy. $50 for professional installation is great. Redid 2 myself and would pay $50 for it to be perfect.
Old 11-21-2018, 06:43 PM

That's about the going price elsewhere as well. I hear he can get your sled brand name on the sides of the seats as well for extra. You can get your seats done here twice and the sled might wear out first. Tell the guy the colour of piping you want and away you go. I changed mine from red to Bombardier yellow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobalong View Post
That sounds like a good deal, what material was it made of? A guy quoted me at a well know upholstery shop in Edmonton 400-450 for a 2001 Polaris Indy.