Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Trapping Discussion

Old 07-04-2018, 05:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by South west trappin RG View Post
It’s been told to you over an over, at the annual general meeting all numbers are made available through a private accounting firm. Every singal cent. What is wrong with you if you want the answers it’s easy instead you make a a🤬 of yourself.
I have the answers right in front of me
Old 07-04-2018, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterDave View Post
If that happened it would be the association's doing.

I've often wondered how a non-profit organization could maintain their status while generating that kind of revenue.
Like you, I used to think courses were expensive and felt under informed about the ATA and their business....then I got involved....I was shocked (in a good way) by all the great things the association and its MANY VOLUNTEERS are doing to ensure trapping and trappers remain relevant in our province and beyond our boarders

You pile on the ATA a lot and I can’t figure out why....if you are as passionate about trapping as you make out to be you should get involved. you have some good ideas and i think the organization would welcome some of your out of the box thinking. It’s never to late
Old 07-04-2018, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drake View Post
Like you, I used to think courses were expensive and felt under informed about the ATA and their business....then I got involved....I was shocked (in a good way) by all the great things the association and its MANY VOLUNTEERS are doing to ensure trapping and trappers remain relevant in our province and beyond our boarders

You pile on the ATA a lot and I can’t figure out why....if you are as passionate about trapping as you make out to be you should get involved. you have some good ideas and i think the organization would welcome some of your out of the box thinking. It’s never to late
I feel the exzact way. Why don’t you attend some of the stuff Dave, you live close enughf you could probably check traps before an after.
Old 07-04-2018, 09:44 PM

All a person can say is there is one on every forum.

Mean while another FOIP is being requested and read without a true understanding of what is being read. Then wheels start turning and non factual conclusions get drawn. Afraid of getting involved in any capacity they just point fingers.
Old 07-04-2018, 09:58 PM
Banned

i'm going to talk to trapper mike (aka fat fingers) on the phone and try to make some sense out of all this; and I will respect his wishes if he doesn't want me to talk about it on the forum.

I've never had anything to do with ata, and I have no axe to grind....but when I make a seemingly reasonable request for details, only to be shut down, it becomes a bit of a mission to find out what the hell is going on behind the scenes.

as is abundantly clear after reading all the opinions here, it sure doesn't appear that an informed decision will be easy to find.
Old 07-05-2018, 07:24 AM

A lot of the courses or seminars are put on by locals who may raise funds that way. I say take a seminar, get the certificate and make this all a moot point. These snaring seminars have been going on for years, we took one in Drayton in about 2009, made some knew friends and if you don't learn something you're not paying attention. If you are a member of the ATA you will automatically be a member of a local. Make sure you're on the e-mail or phone list and raise concerns there.
See you in Westlock.
Doug
Old 07-10-2018, 01:46 PM

If you check the ATA website, the registration form is there to download and the Fee is $80

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfcrazy View Post
Back to the original post...... I if I read it correctly it says sponsored but might mean hosted by the local.

The only person that said 400 bucks for a snaring course was D Dave. If the seminar isn’t sponsored the cost is usually 80.

I check on this forum often and can’t believe some of the BS I see a few people post. Some people figure the world is against them..... and it would be entertaining to be in that house hold. Lol
Old 07-10-2018, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hinterland View Post
If you check the ATA website, the registration form is there to download and the Fee is $80
That seems very reasonable .. does any one know if there will be a seminar held some where down here in the south ?
Old 07-10-2018, 09:20 PM

Sat in on Ross’s talk and there was talk of one being held down south. Not sure when as it was brought up by a few in the audience.
Old 07-10-2018, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by H380 View Post
That seems very reasonable .. does any one know if there will be a seminar held some where down here in the south ?
South where? Anyone can help setup a course or workshop. Find a place, some people and work on a date with Ross. Call the ATA and see if there is one planned for the local. Call your local and see if they can help get one setup.
Old 07-11-2018, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfcrazy View Post
South where? Anyone can help setup a course or workshop. Find a place, some people and work on a date with Ross. Call the ATA and see if there is one planned for the local. Call your local and see if they can help get one setup.
South as in Lethbridge area ..
Old 07-13-2018, 06:56 AM
AO Sponsor

I am bored Davey
I’m going fishing.

I’m outta here
Old 07-13-2018, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty S View Post
I am bored Davey
I’m going fishing.

I’m outta here
Have fun Marty! How you guys limit out.
Old 07-13-2018, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty S View Post
I am bored Davey
I’m going fishing.

I’m outta here
Have fun Marty! How you guys limit out.
Old 07-13-2018, 09:32 AM

I would love to go. $80 is a bargain, as a new trapper or even as a experienced one, you can never turn down new ideas. There is always ways we can approve and learn from each others mistakes. I'm glad for the community that this is happening. Alix is way out of my way. It would be nice if they did something online so it could reach all of us. Go ATA!! I love what your doing.