Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2018, 09:42 AM

Default Death penalty for drug dealers?

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/trump-o...alty-1.4581992
Old 03-20-2018, 09:45 AM
Banned

Quote:
The White House did not offer any specific examples of when it would be appropriate to seek the death penalty for drug dealers and referred further questions to the Justice Department.

Trump raised the issue of using the death penalty for drug dealers at a rally in Pennsylvania earlier this month. He has repeatedly said individual drug dealers are responsible for thousands of deaths.
Can't see this ever flying. Sounds like he let his mouth run before engaging his brain. So pretty much par for the course.
Old 03-20-2018, 09:47 AM

It would be awesome, but lawyers.....
Old 03-20-2018, 09:48 AM

Sounds good to me
Old 03-20-2018, 09:57 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post
Actually I think the biggest problem would be the individual states pushback against a federal law. Not so much the lawyers but the people that live in each individual state. Then there's human rights issues, the message it sends to the world stage etc. There's a reason no details were given, he was just running his mouth pandering to emotion.
Old 03-20-2018, 10:02 AM

Id give him my vote on that! Just think how many things would be effected by this? If there were no drug dealers, no drugs available, most of the break ins would stop! Because most of the revenue from burglary goes to support drug addiction! If the break ins dropped, insurance premiums would come down and people would be able to afford home insurance to cover disasters.
Old 03-20-2018, 10:03 AM

When Duerte says something similar he just runs with it
Old 03-20-2018, 10:06 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little red riding hood View Post
Id give him my vote on that! Just think how many things would be effected by this? If there were no drug dealers, no drugs available, most of the break ins would stop! Because most of the revenue from burglary goes to support drug addiction! If the break ins dropped, insurance premiums would come down and people would be able to afford home insurance to cover disasters.
You're living in a fantasy world. If there is demand someone will provide a supply no matter the consequences.
Old 03-20-2018, 10:12 AM

I know, but it would be nice if I didn't have to use a remote every time I want to get into my garage.
(Door is screwed shut from inside, seems to be the only way to keep my neighbor out!)
Old 03-20-2018, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerThomson View Post
You're living in a fantasy world. If there is demand someone will provide a supply no matter the consequences.
He mostly right. Harsher penalties would mean a lot more risk for dealers. Thus driving the prices up substantially. Less people would have access to that kind of money. Harsher penalties is never a bad thing.
Old 03-20-2018, 10:16 AM
Banned

Sounds good to me!
Old 03-20-2018, 10:18 AM

The thing you're all missing is that previous drug users would be grandfathered through into the new system

[kidding, of course]
Old 03-20-2018, 10:25 AM
Banned

10CCs of cooking oil in the vein should do the trick. Wayyy cheaper too
Old 03-20-2018, 10:25 AM
AO Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
He mostly right. Harsher penalties would mean a lot more risk for dealers. Thus driving the prices up substantially. Less people would have access to that kind of money. Harsher penalties is never a bad thing.
Actually, I think you would find that because of the increase in drug costs, you would find personal property crime would increase. Druggies will never go away sadly, and they will always find a way to pay for their fix... At the expense of you and me.

If you want to reduce the crime associated to drugs, legalization is probably more effective even if less palatable.
Old 03-20-2018, 10:32 AM

You fellows must be younger, as trafficking brought serious consequences not that long ago. Simple possession could bring jail time. Non of that stopped the growth. The largest traffickers are the drug corps peddling through so called medical profession. Ya, you poison people with fentynal and you should probably die.
Old 03-20-2018, 10:34 AM

Fentanyl dealers don't value human life,tit for tat .The next generation has to have protection and rules to follow so this scums need to be history.45000 in the usa alone died last year from drugs with plenty of it laced with fentanyl.

Some choose to take risks ,but some are poisoned thinking there using another drug which is not right.Hang em high there's a new sheriff in the usa.

Ms 13,18th street gang,H A,bandido's,mexican mafia and cartels pay day is around the corner so come and get it boys.Child slavery for prostitution by the North Preston Pimps all work in Canada for a number of these gangs and our courts better get there act in gear.

Old 03-20-2018, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tirebob View Post
Actually, I think you would find that because of the increase in drug costs, you would find personal property crime would increase. Druggies will never go away sadly, and they will always find a way to pay for their fix... At the expense of you and me.

If you want to reduce the crime associated to drugs, legalization is probably more effective even if less palatable.
Probably true for the moment. But it would be practically nonexistent for the next generation.
Old 03-20-2018, 11:10 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerThomson View Post
I don't see the problem...
Old 03-20-2018, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post
SURE......I'd be fine with the death penalty for them too......
Old 03-20-2018, 11:25 AM

He also talked about pursuing legal action against the pharmaceutical companies that make these opiates. It's a great idea to look into.
Old 03-20-2018, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackHeart View Post
SURE......I'd be fine with the death penalty for them too......
You intelligent enough to self rep if you get sued or have some form legal problems?

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk
Old 03-20-2018, 11:34 AM

I think old Cheeto hair must have been either drunk or very tired and watched Kingsman 2, and thought 'yeah, the President has the right idea'!

Anyone that saw the movie will know what I am referring to.

Truth is, I don't have a problem with giving convicted drug dealers fentanyl. About a spoonful in the neck.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....

Last edited by Ken07AOVette; 03-20-2018 at 11:39 AM.
Old 03-20-2018, 11:55 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newview01 View Post
I don't see the problem...
He will, he doesn't want anyone to get the death penalty, no matter the crime. If they are dead that supplier is gone. I say get rid of the , what gain to society are they...
Old 03-20-2018, 12:06 PM

Just legalize the crap and let people make their own choices.
Like it should be in a free country....
Old 03-20-2018, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice View Post
Opioids are already legal and see where that got us,this theory of yours is about as lame as it gets.
Old 03-20-2018, 12:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice View Post
And support these losers with our tax money? I'd personally pay for a dose of fentanyl to get rid of these parasites
Old 03-20-2018, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brohymn2 View Post
You intelligent enough to self rep if you get sued or have some form legal problems?

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humour
Old 03-20-2018, 01:08 PM

Talking

Just saw something on TV that reminded me of AO- On discovery they were talking about Moonshiners and it echoed an age old argument about people in our area when discussing drug use;

Doctor's, Lawyers, Politicians are doing it!

Apparently if these 3 Vocations partake, it must be ok!

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 03-20-2018, 01:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tirebob View Post

Nailed it.
Old 03-20-2018, 01:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD848 View Post
Opioids are already legal and see where that got us,this theory of yours is about as lame as it gets.
Opioids are prescription only. If there was a legal supply over the counter people wouldn't be dying from fentanyl. Money wouldn't be going into the black market. The violence associated with the drug trade would be stamped out and people who are going to use regardless of the laws would have a clean unadulterated and regulated supply of their chosen drug.

Or we could keep trying prohibition and the war on drugs. I mean it's been working out great so far.
Closed Thread