Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 03-16-2018, 08:56 PM

Default Issue with walleye licenes

So I was lucky enough to get awarded a walleye licence for this season. My wife too. Have been planning to head out with the tags to try fill some class B and C tags this weekend and then again over Easter at the end of the season.
Got an email Feb 7 from Alberta relm reminding me that I hadn't yet purchased the licence and that I need to do so by March 15, last day to do so. Ok fine.
Then get an email March 8 saying that the date to purchase is now March 31. Perfect, I think. Will pick them up closer to the date.
Now today I try the site and no licence is available to me. Where did it go? I check my wife's and the licence is there on her relm account but it states "expired, not available to purchase."
I call AB Relm and the lady says yesterday was last day. I tell her about my email saying otherwise. She puts me on hold and comes back in a bit and says yes, you're right it was extended but our system isn't recognizing it. Go to a licence issuer.
So I head down to the fishin hole today and no luck. Same thing. Too bad I waited so long but I do have the email to prove that it says March 31 deadline to purchase. Anyone else have this issue? The good guy at the fishin hole called relm and they said nope, deadline is passed.
I can produce the email. Sucks.
Kidd
Old 03-16-2018, 09:43 PM

You have to have a tag to catch a walleye? That sucks...
Old 03-16-2018, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordtruckin View Post
You have to have a tag to catch a walleye? That sucks...

Not to catch one to keep one in certain lakes
Old 03-17-2018, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dweb View Post
Not to catch one to keep one in certain lakes
Interesting, you have to tag a fish in order to keep it.
Old 03-17-2018, 04:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Interesting, you have to tag a fish in order to keep it.
It's all in the regulations if you're interested which are freely available online.
Old 03-17-2018, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerThomson View Post
It's all in the regulations if you're interested which are freely available online.
meh I don't see myself fishing Alberta anytime soon. I live on the Madison River in Montana so kinda got spoiled with that...
Old 03-17-2018, 06:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
meh I don't see myself fishing Alberta anytime soon. I live on the Madison River in Montana so kinda got spoiled with that...
Awesome. I got a buddy with a cabin down that way. His trout pictures always make me jealous.
Old 03-19-2018, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidd View Post
So I was lucky enough to get awarded a walleye licence for this season. My wife too. Have been planning to head out with the tags to try fill some class B and C tags this weekend and then again over Easter at the end of the season.
Got an email Feb 7 from Alberta relm reminding me that I hadn't yet purchased the licence and that I need to do so by March 15, last day to do so. Ok fine.
Then get an email March 8 saying that the date to purchase is now March 31. Perfect, I think. Will pick them up closer to the date.
Now today I try the site and no licence is available to me. Where did it go? I check my wife's and the licence is there on her relm account but it states "expired, not available to purchase."
I call AB Relm and the lady says yesterday was last day. I tell her about my email saying otherwise. She puts me on hold and comes back in a bit and says yes, you're right it was extended but our system isn't recognizing it. Go to a licence issuer.
So I head down to the fishin hole today and no luck. Same thing. Too bad I waited so long but I do have the email to prove that it says March 31 deadline to purchase. Anyone else have this issue? The good guy at the fishin hole called relm and they said nope, deadline is passed.
I can produce the email. Sucks.
Kidd
Yes same thing here. Had it happen to a couple of people that tried to buy there tags on Friday.
Old 03-19-2018, 11:10 AM

Same here , went to Gull last Friday and tried purchasing tags before I left town and I was S.O.L.
Old 03-19-2018, 12:33 PM

Default So now what

Ok so I am not the only one that has run into this. does anyone know if we are SOL or if there is an actually extension and its only a glitch in the system that can be corrected?
I am going to make another couple calls. Good thing this isn't about a moose licence or something important like that.
kidd
Old 03-19-2018, 01:42 PM

i think that there should be a time line for buying the tags
and if not bought by then they should go to undersubscribed
so people not drawn have a chance at them it should be this
way for hunting and fishing tags it’s not hard to buy them
at the start when first available wait to long oh well to bad so sad
my thoughts only on this
Old 03-19-2018, 02:04 PM

Default Update - the system is fixed

An update for anyone with the same issue last Friday. The AB Relm site now has the licences available. Was just a glitch on Friday. I just purchased my tags.

Oh and Buck, there is a time limit to apply for the licences. And if there isnt enough takers for the available licences they become available to anyone on a first come first served basis - called undersubscribed. There is then a time limit on how long you have to purchase and pay for your licence. In this case the deadline was extended but the system didnt recognize that. It has been fixed.
kidd
Old 03-19-2018, 03:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
I have a buddy who fishes the Madison every year and has nothing but praise for the river so I can see not wanting to venture north. The Bow is an awesome river as well and if you ever decide to travel north you should give it a go. I have only fished the Bow maybe a couple dozen times or so but October fishing on the Bow is absolutely awesome.
That foam line put out about 7 fish similar to this one great October day.

Last edited by bobalong; 03-19-2018 at 03:31 PM.