Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 03-18-2018, 07:29 PM

By continuing to collect a paycheque, Peterson is agreeing to the SOP's. As far as Israel being right or wrong, he is very close to the situation, much closer to being 'boots on the ground'
Old 03-18-2018, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roper1 View Post
By continuing to collect a paycheque, Peterson is agreeing to the SOP's. As far as Israel being right or wrong, he is very close to the situation, much closer to being 'boots on the ground'
Can you please explain to me what organization you were part of that told you because they paid you that you had to 100% of time follow sop irregardless of the dynamic situation with the possibility for loss of life in terms of people inside.

So what if he ran into the school and died instantly, there were 4 of them on the scene. That is a 25% loss to the force that was there to help. If they were cordoning the building that easily could of left an exit for the gunman or men to get away.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk
Old 03-18-2018, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brohymn2 View Post
Can you please explain to me what organization you were part of that told you because they paid you that you had to 100% of time follow sop irregardless of the dynamic situation with the possibility for loss of life in terms of people inside.

So what if he ran into the school and died instantly, there were 4 of them on the scene. That is a 25% loss to the force that was there to help. If they were cordoning the building that easily could of left an exit for the gunman or men to get away.

And when I say loss of life I mean at the deputy's hand

Old 03-18-2018, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Post #20 says he did not, his own boss said he did not follow his training
Again can you post a copy of the Policy Training and Procedures implemented by this Sheriffs Office.

That post #20 is a list of events. It says he followed policy based on outside shooter. Which there was confusion as to if the shooter was inside or outside.

I think his boss is unfit to lead his department, he thought he was going to get the whole incident behind him by making a scape goat. Take the heat off him and his lack of doing his job in dealing with some issues that arouse after the fact.
They have a few issues and lots of blame to go around
It will be very interesting as the court case against the Sheriffs Office goes ahead from the Officer under investigation. I think the smartest thing the Officer did was resign once he got suspended with out a independent review. That allows him to take legal action against the Sheriffs Office. Also sets the tone for discrimination.

Again can you provide a link to the Policy, training and procedures. It would be very interesting to see.
Old 03-18-2018, 07:52 PM

Quote:

You could read their SOP, should help with what the process he was supposed to follow.

Israel politically astute enough to be elected, he might be very right. Seems as you say, he is a veteran politico, he isn't going to make the wrong call on Peterson to give his next challenger enough to dethrone him.
Old 03-18-2018, 07:53 PM

Pr:@k should have went in .... period !

Sure handgun vs assault rifle .... so

Exp ( you would suppose with age and gun handling ) and element of surprise ( ish ) against a obviously troubled young man focused on gunning down helpless , wasn't like he's going up against a Vietnam vet or navy seals operator who's seen the shi! And still even if .... tie him up / pin down till back up arrives

My thoughts anyway....

Last edited by wolf308; 03-18-2018 at 08:01 PM.
Old 03-18-2018, 07:57 PM

Quote:
You could read their SOP, should help with what the process he was supposed to follow.

Israel politically astute enough to be elected, he might be very right. Seems as you say, he is a veteran politico, he isn't going to make the wrong call on Peterson to give his next challenger enough to dethrone him.
Does the SOP say they have to be followed to a t at all times? Does that mean a senior officer is bound to having his hands tied irregardless of what his gut might tell him?

Old 03-18-2018, 08:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf308 View Post

Exp ( you would suppose with age and gun handling ) and element of surprise ( ish ) against a obviously troubled young man focused on gunning down helpless , wasn't like he's going up against a Vietnam vet or navy seals operator who's seen the shi!

My thoughts anyway....
Some people are able to identify with a coward and can not understand how someone would put their life on the line for some else under any circumstance, and some are unable to identify with the actions of a coward......just the way it is.
Old 03-18-2018, 08:05 PM

Quote:

Exp ( you would suppose with age and gun handling ) and element of surprise ( ish ) against a obviously troubled young man focused on gunning down helpless , wasn't like he's going up against a Vietnam vet or navy seals operator who's seen the shi!

My thoughts anyway....
Lots of coalition boys would probably disagree with you, you think the insurgents recieve extensive training. In fact I have a good friend who left from Canada to his eastern European country of origin to join the war effort. His basic training was shooting a bridge 5 times and being pointed in the direction of the front lines with the words good luck. He made out well apparently.

Old 03-18-2018, 08:07 PM

It appears to me his gut was telling him there was an active shooter in the school, and he was going to be in danger if he did anything other than stand beside his car. It seems you agree with me.
Old 03-18-2018, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobalong View Post
Some people are able to identify with a coward and can not understand how someone would put their life on the line for some else under any circumstance, and some are unable to identify with the actions of a coward......just the way it is.
Listen bobalong, you have no right to call anyone a coward. Have you done anything heroic? Have you been in a situation si.ilar to the deputy where you were not a coward? Either you have and that's fine. If not dont pretend you know how you would react because I can guarantee you dont have clue.

Old 03-18-2018, 08:13 PM

Quote:
It appears to me his gut was telling him there was an active shooter in the school, and he was going to be in danger if he did anything other than stand beside his car. It seems you agree with me.
Or maybe it was I dont know what I'm getting into and while running in might work at the same time it might not. Just because he didn't do what you think you would do does mean he was wrong.

Old 03-18-2018, 08:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Listen bobalong, you have no right to call anyone a coward. Have you done anything heroic? Have you been in a situation si.ilar to the deputy where you were not a coward? Either you have and that's fine. If not dont pretend you know how you would react because I can guarantee you dont have clue.

Nothing similar so don't exactly know how I would react but if I acted like them then I would be a coward at least in that situation. Performed a couple of "saves" while life guarding at a lake but that hardly compares to an armed situation. Hardy heroic either but I had the training and was in a position to help and I did.
Old 03-18-2018, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Lots of coalition boys would probably disagree with you, you think the insurgents recieve extensive training. In fact I have a good friend who left from Canada to his eastern European country of origin to join the war effort. His basic training was shooting a bridge 5 times and being pointed in the direction of the front lines with the words good luck. He made out well apparently.

Worked for Stalin
Old 03-18-2018, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Worked for Stalin
Stalin was the dictator of Ukraine?

Old 03-18-2018, 08:28 PM

Quote:

Idt he was calling anyone a coward .... I was ....
Old 03-18-2018, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Stalin was the dictator of Ukraine?

Oh boy ,

Ya something like that

Insert Fry / with not sure if serious look

Last edited by wolf308; 03-18-2018 at 08:38 PM.
Old 03-18-2018, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobalong View Post
Nothing similar so don't exactly know how I would react but if I acted like them then I would be a coward at least in that situation. Performed a couple of "saves" while life guarding at a lake but that hardly compares to an armed situation. Hardy heroic either but I had the training and was in a position to help and I did.
That's fine but how do you know what they did was cowardly. You dont think there might be lifeguards in various places in the world that have to make tough choices that involve lives. Imagine someone making a judgement call based on lifeguard knowledge only having someone who has only been in a hot tub to call him a coward from half the world away.

To be honest if the guy turns out to be a coward that's fine I will completely agree no problems, but obviously am not going to agree with it until proper knowledge of what his train of thought was that lead to his call or evidence that he was grossly wrong.

Old 03-18-2018, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Idt he was calling anyone a coward .... I was ....
Oh... well screw you then. Haha

Old 03-18-2018, 08:42 PM

Quote:
To be honest if the guy turns out to be a coward that's fine I will completely agree no problems, but obviously am not going to agree with it until proper knowledge of what his train of thought was that lead to his call

Come on man, what do you think he's going to say?? I was scared spitless so I listened for 7 minutes while the shots kept ringing out?

In his video'd address to the school board years earlier, he bragged how he jumped up, 'grabbed his gun' and ran to the school to confront thieves. Lucky him, they ran so he chased them.
Old 03-18-2018, 08:46 PM

Wow. Lamo. That hurt.

So a deranged , frustrated , probably sexually frustrated , insecure pimply faced , obviously mental issues kid kills other kids that are unarmed , your armed , trained and supposed to be 1/2 competent,

Either A do what happened and do nothing

Or B , grow some balls and go into harms way .... idk if a 223 counts ( might need bandaids afterwords ) , to possibly save 1 life or more at expense of yours. Know what I'd do.

Shipping your pants or puking after the fact is not something to be embarrassed about

There's a reason he resigned after .... at least he did that.

No one says should have brought a boy to a man fight, he should have manned up and fought the odds of firepower .

Last edited by wolf308; 03-18-2018 at 08:55 PM.
Old 03-18-2018, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Come on man, what do you think he's going to say?? I was scared spitless so I listened for 7 minutes while the shots kept ringing out?

In his video'd address to the school board years earlier, he bragged how he jumped up, 'grabbed his gun' and ran to the school to confront thieves. Lucky him, they ran so he chased them.
Was it 7 minutes ? Eesh.

7 minutes is a long time when time stands still
Old 03-18-2018, 08:55 PM

I fail to see what anything anyone is saying is proving how you are qualified to make an assumption of a person's cowardice. I'm not qualified as I have never been in his exact position but I do know enough to point out unless you are there you dont know anything

Old 03-18-2018, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Was it 7 minutes ?
One report says it was 4 minutes before backup arrived, then the shooting continued for 3 more minutes. They sat & listened that long, can you believe It??

Then's there's talk here the deputy's gonna sue?? LMAO

The Coral Springs dep't had very negative things to say, they were 'boots on the ground' and they rushed the school.
Old 03-18-2018, 09:01 PM

Quote:
One report says it was 4 minutes before backup arrived, then the shooting continued for 3 more minutes. They sat & listened that long, can you believe It??

Then's there's talk here the deputy's gonna sue?? LMAO

The Coral Springs dep't had very negative things to say, they were 'boots on the ground' and they rushed the school.
But they are as you say boots on the ground... and cops... I'm guessing you are neither.

Old 03-18-2018, 09:07 PM

Quote:
But they are as you say boots on the ground... and cops... I'm guessing you are neither.

You might be one, but you've certainly mentioned you aren't the other. You weren't there but the LE guys that were there are very critical, and they either acted or explained why he should have. You keep chastising everyone not there, you weren't either, but the guys who were aren't sticking up for him. In your words, half a world away & making judgement........you just also happen to disagree with the boots on the ground, your supposed holy grail
Old 03-18-2018, 09:10 PM

Quote:

Actually his story kinda seems like it follows along the line of the video they showed.

Again do you have a copy of the SOP, Policy. Procedures and the Training completed. Just wondering.

wolf308
Or B , grow some balls and go into harms way .... idk if a 223 counts ( might need bandaids afterwords )
I think this statement shows the amount of ignorance people have.

Please explain to me how do you respond to the direct threat when you DO NOT KNOW WHERE THE DIRECT THREAT IS. a Football field and a building three stories high is a pretty big area for a dozen Officers to search and engage the suspect. let along a single Officer.

The world is filled with poor leaders and bad bosses. The head Sheriff is a poor leader and a bad boss. He placed blame and did not stand up for his Men. Instead he placed blame before the smell of gun powder was out of the air.
He Convicted his Deputy before anything else was discussed.

I think the Deputy stated series of events is true and correct. I also believe he followed procedure based on a Outside shooter event. He with consultation from the Security Officer ordered for the school to be locked down.
The situation changed and more information came forward as it often does.
I also believe that he waited for SWAT or their Response team to show up as he was on scene and could open doors for them and direct them. Part of their Policy as stated by the Sheriff. that is in the transcripts.

If any of you can please relate to the actual Policy, Procedure, SOP and or training provided that would be awesome.
Old 03-18-2018, 09:16 PM

Quote:
You might be one, but you've certainly mentioned you aren't the other. You weren't there but the LE guys that were there are very critical, and they either acted or explained why he should have. You keep chastising everyone not there, you weren't either, but the guys who were aren't sticking up for him. In your words, half a world away & making judgement........you just also happen to disagree with the boots on the ground, your supposed holy grail
You know this cool I guess. I can guarantee I have more than experience to understand the criticizing someone for a situation that is more extreme than anyone could fathom is stupid. But quote a bunch of posts I made to try to win this arguement. The fact that nothing outside of direct knowledge of the situation by a competent person, no one should be saying a cop is a coward

Old 03-18-2018, 09:17 PM

^^ Lol. Actually .... face palm , and he's calling me ignorant

Semi auto/ auto right ? Follow the gunshots , pretty easy.

Just a reference he didn't bring something deadlier aka a 7.62 round or such

Last edited by wolf308; 03-18-2018 at 09:24 PM.
Old 03-18-2018, 09:23 PM

Quote:
^^ Lol. Actually .... face palm , and he's calling me ignorant

Semi auto/ auto right ? Follow the gunshots , pretty easy.
So your have had to locate the position of gunfire. By yourself. For the means of effectively returning fire. Or in a building where the sound echoes off the wall. I'm very interested to hear where you learned this.