Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 10-19-2020, 08:31 AM

Default Leupold Rangefinder - Full Draw vs TBR

Sending my Leupold TBR-1000 Range finder in for warranty replacement. Need to choose a new one.

I will use them mainly for bow hunting and some rifle (or back up). Just got the Geovids, which i like but finding them a little bulky and a little ackward getting in and out of the Kuiu harness...but thats another issue.

Leupold has their Full Draw series which is targeting more bow hunting crowd, it will show a "red line" in the display for the peak of your arrow height, blah blah blah and some other stuff, that I'm not sure is needed. They also have their RX TBR series targeting the rifle hunter which mine was. It shows angle compensations also just not "peak" arrow height of flight path.

Question's -
Any of you use the Full Draw rangefinder and they a bowhunting "game changer"?
Is there "really" any advantage of them over the TBR models when it comes to bowhunting?
I am kind of leaning towards the TBR unless the Full Draw series has something any bowhunter needs.
Old 10-19-2020, 07:08 PM

I had a RX1000i w/TBR/w/DNA. Display started to fade around the edges after 6 seasons of use. Leupold offered a new repalcement for about $214 if I remember right (2018). I chose another RX1600TBR/DNA, this one with the 1600 yd laser. I am a bowhunter. They are a dandy bowhunter's rangefinder with fast angle corrected yardage readout, in both single shot and scan mode. All I need for my mountain bowhunting.
Old 10-19-2020, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blockcaver View Post
I had a RX1000i w/TBR/w/DNA. Display started to fade around the edges after 6 seasons of use. Leupold offered a new repalcement for about $214 if I remember right (2018). I chose another RX1600TBR/DNA, this one with the 1600 yd laser. I am a bowhunter. They are a dandy bowhunter's rangefinder with fast angle corrected yardage readout, in both single shot and scan mode. All I need for my mountain bowhunting.
that's what happened to mine

Any issues with your new one?
Old 10-20-2020, 06:14 PM

I've got a r1000xi that's about 6 or 8 years old and still
works fine but does have a recall for bow hunting.

Mine still works good but is about 1 yard off for bowhunting.

Fuzy on the outsides could be it fading but my eyes are grow
ing old so I didn't notice it.

Still fine for bow hunting as is.

Reliable for under 50 yards no problem.
Old 10-20-2020, 09:46 PM

The new RX1600i has worked perfectly for 3 seasons now. I had used my RX1000i a whole lot for more than just hunting. We built a house and landscaped the yard so I used it for rough surveying all the time that year. I wasn't upset that it was wearing out after 6 seasons, I got my moneys worth out of it.
Old 10-28-2020, 09:40 AM

Went with the Leupold RX-2800 TBR after speaking with Leupold's customer service. He said "if you have any intentions of using the range finder for rifle i wouldn't recommend the Full Draw models"

Should arrive soon!