Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 06-08-2019, 05:53 PM

Default Finally got my new PAL

I was starting to get nervous. I put my renewal in mid March (Ya, I could have done it sooner) and my birthday came and went in May. I knew it had been processed because I bought a rifle back in early May and they said it was good til 2024. But no card.

Just darn good to have the new plastic is all.

Colin
Old 06-08-2019, 08:22 PM

Default Pal

Yep something is up, I applied in Feb but forgot to add my range card. Early May I got a letter informing me about my club membership proof.After faxing proof i called in to ask why so long. The lady I spoke to said they are having trouble with their printer,but if I wait on the line she would ask her super if they could print one for me. About 5 min she returned to say I would have my card in a couple of weeks. Got it yesterday. Not sure if it has anything to do with the upcoming changes old Ralph Good for nothing is going to announce shortly. Phil.
Old 06-09-2019, 06:50 AM

Old 06-09-2019, 11:01 AM

Sent mine in end of Feb, was approved fast enough but took till last week for the actual card to show up. I called once they said print problems but should be out to you in a couple of weeks. I called back about 3 weeks ago and got a little feisty when she said STILL NOT PRINTED. Said she would put in a "special" request. Was printed and received in about a week and a half after that call. Good thing mine didn't expire till July.

I have to admit I am more than a little suspicious that this is an intentional issue but there is no way to prove it. I sure hope the Liberals get punted. Am doing everything I can to help the Conservatives get in.
Old 06-10-2019, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgavey View Post
Yep something is up, I applied in Feb but forgot to add my range card. Early May I got a letter informing me about my club membership proof.After faxing proof i called in to ask why so long. The lady I spoke to said they are having trouble with their printer,but if I wait on the line she would ask her super if they could print one for me. About 5 min she returned to say I would have my card in a couple of weeks. Got it yesterday. Not sure if it has anything to do with the upcoming changes old Ralph Good for nothing is going to announce shortly. Phil.
Amazing !.. That is EXACTLY the same speel I got when I called them.
Hard to beleive it takes that long to fix or replace a freakin printer.
Received my card in the mentioned two weeks. Something doesnt smell right.
Old 06-10-2019, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salavee View Post
Amazing !.. That is EXACTLY the same speel I got when I called them.
Hard to beleive it takes that long to fix or replace a freakin printer.
Received my card in the mentioned two weeks. Something doesnt smell right.
Interesting that we seem to be referring to R-PALs here. Wondering if anyone with a PAL is experiencing the "printer problem" as well.
Old 06-10-2019, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Interesting that we seem to be referring to R-PALs here. Wondering if anyone with a PAL is experiencing the "printer problem" as well.
My dad had received his pal within weeks of renewing, I wouldn’t be surprised if just rpals are affected.
Old 06-10-2019, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Mine is not here yet, my pal application was good, but waiting for the new card, 2 weeks behind
Old 06-10-2019, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Sent my renewal in by mail back in March. Funds were taken from my account April 9th. Haven't heard since so I called last week. Was told approved and 10 days for the mail. Guess we shall see next week,

I only have a PAL btw.
Old 06-15-2019, 10:36 PM

Congrats! Always good to have current plastic. And delay due to inefficiency will end up looking the same as a delay due to nefarious reasons . . . so could be either from our end.
Old 06-15-2019, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordtruckin View Post
Sent my renewal in by mail back in March. Funds were taken from my account April 9th. Haven't heard since so I called last week. Was told approved and 10 days for the mail. Guess we shall see next week,

I only have a PAL btw.
I got the same song and dance. Approved. 10 days for the card, will see what happens RPAL
Old 07-03-2019, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by colroggal View Post
I was starting to get nervous. I put my renewal in mid March (Ya, I could have done it sooner) and my birthday came and went in May. I knew it had been processed because I bought a rifle back in early May and they said it was good til 2024. But no card.

Just darn good to have the new plastic is all.

Colin
I just got mine on Monday and I put it in back in March. They sure take their time when they want too! The wait was 1/3 the time it took me to get my suppressor paperwork approved by the ATF...
Old 07-03-2019, 09:13 PM

Apparanlty they still have'nt souced the parts for thier rikkety old Card Printer.
New Budget is April 2020, if the Just One approves a new printer.