Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2011, 12:26 PM

Default What happened to Milarm?

There website is not working and the phone number is no longer in service. Did they close?
Old 04-16-2011, 12:52 PM
Banned

As much as I love each and every gun/milsurp store I step into I cannot say that for Milarm.

You want to get into an arguement, overpay, get insulted, ignored, lied too..then Milarms is for you. Nice place to visit but I have to grab an immediate shower once I leave
Old 04-16-2011, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nester View Post
As much as I love each and every gun/milsurp store I step into I cannot say that for Milarm.

You want to get into an arguement, overpay, get insulted, ignored, lied too..then Milarms is for you. Nice place to visit but I have to grab an immediate shower once I leave

not one of my favorite that is for sure

but they are indeed open... im headed down there for some ammo in a bit.. and the number is (780) 424-5281
Old 04-16-2011, 02:46 PM

Default Milarm

My sugestion is go see for yourself.i've delt with the folks there for close to 30yrs. Every one from the owners right down to the janitor lady they used to have treated me very well any time i was there.i've bought new ,used or what have you.sometimes i would go there just to bs. So like i said check them out.
Old 04-16-2011, 03:16 PM

I know some of the guys who work there. Nice guys but over priced. Hard to contend with CABELAS....coming soon

Old 04-16-2011, 04:04 PM

I have bought a few things from there. I would say go talk to them. I have had good luck.
Old 04-21-2011, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bear crossing View Post
My sugestion is go see for yourself.i've delt with the folks there for close to 30yrs. Every one from the owners right down to the janitor lady they used to have treated me very well any time i was there.i've bought new ,used or what have you.sometimes i would go there just to bs. So like i said check them out.
I second that
allways been good to me.
the website sucks though but then again dont a lot of them.
I find wolverine,marstar,TSE,and lever to be rude and short but I think it must be a pre requisite for a gun store...but I am the complete opposite.
I still shop at all the above places as I dont care about personalities I just want my stuff
Old 07-15-2015, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bear crossing View Post
I can tell you that I bought my first gun there. Mainly an impulse buy and I couldn't find that specific gun anywhere else.

But every time I go in there they treat me like crap. They insult; are rude, and condescending. I even took my helper with me in there once. And after we left he asked me why is that guy treating me ike dirt.

I don't care where you go. Just don't go there unless you are a sucker for punishment.
They even gave me some wrong and outright false information several times.

I do look like crap when I go there. Usually after work still waking my work clothing. But you'd think after they have seen my R-PAL and sold me a gun, two red dot sights, and a bunch of ammo, along with sevetal accessories they would start to treat me half decent.

Not a freaking chance in hell.

I gave them several chances over the last year. I'm buying my next gun elsewhere even if it's more money.

And watch out for that early thirties pudgy guy with a dark bear. He is the absolute worst to deal with. Acts like he knows his stuff and knows better than you when he clearly does not.

I ain't spending 30 years there and dating the cleaning lady just to have them treat me half decent. I'll just take my money elsewhere.

Seriously, they are the absolute worst to deal with. I'd rather buy my next gun from an Amenian in a dark alley.

Every other shop in town treats me decent - P&D, Phoenix, Wild West, Cabela's, Wholesale - all of them decent and knowledgeable. But not these morons.

Last edited by Pepe; 07-15-2015 at 05:14 PM.
Old 07-15-2015, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepe View Post

Seriously, they are the absolute worst to deal with. I'd rather buy my next gun from an Amenian in a dark alley.
Priceless!
Laughter tears roll all over my eyes.
You made my day
Old 04-25-2011, 01:07 AM

Default Poor treatment, sometimes par for the course

I am told it is not easy dealing with the public and sometimes the staff who find themselves making a living while in that role develop an attitude. I know I do not impress very well when it comes to appearances and fear I was being prejudged while in one of the establishments already mentioned in this thread. Fact is, I was being laughed at by one whole department of that store. This happened three times before I decided I had enough.
More out of spite than anything else I finally marched over to the counter of that department and purchased one of their spotting scopes. They did not laugh at my money.
To their credit, the people from that department began treating me very well after that. In fact, there was such a turn-a-round from the staff in the whole store I do not wish to name them here. Not judging a book by its cover is a lesson we are supposed to learn in childhood but somehow the sales staff there had to hear it from their sales manager.
I will not hold that experience against the whole store. By the same token though, I will not suggest that we all solve our differences with those who are jockeying for our money by spending more on them. A maneuver like that could only result in more abusive behavior.

Last edited by Rem - P14; 04-25-2011 at 01:14 AM.
Old 04-30-2011, 12:18 PM

Nothing happened to them. Their website was down, but I was just there on Thursday, huge rifle , and scope sale. didn't have the CZ 75/85 I was looking for tho.
Old 06-15-2011, 10:11 PM

I've had nothing but great experiences in Milarm - I had my 8 year old with me last summer and the owner spent the better part of an hour showing him literally every handgun in the store, answered every question and helped foster in him a love of the sport.

Been back many times to spend as a result.
Old 06-24-2011, 05:36 AM

Default milarm

I have never been to Milarm, but I have bought a few things from over the phone. When I phone a shop, I always try to deal with the same person, in this case it is Gord. He was always helpful, and has even suggested things that I might be interested in that were not listed on the Milarm site. He steered me towards buyng a couple of dozen boxes of .455, in original military boxes.

On the other hand I dealt with an owner, whose name I forget. He spent the first part of the conversation downplaying Gord's knowledge of milsurp firearms. Bad show on his part. I did not buy anything that time, but I talked to Gord the next day and did.

So how is the service? I think it varies by the man.
Old 07-15-2015, 08:40 PM

Default Milarm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Dover View Post
I've had nothing but great experiences in Milarm - I had my 8 year old with me last summer and the owner spent the better part of an hour showing him literally every handgun in the store, answered every question and helped foster in him a love of the sport.

Been back many times to spend as a result.
I have never been in the store, but have ordered by phone and the product and price were good.
Old 07-16-2015, 03:08 AM

Old thread but I was in the store a couple of months ago after not having been there for 20 years because I didn't live in Edmonton. Looks pretty much the same. Guys working the day I was there seemed friendly enough. One of them spent a lot of time with two older ladies who know nothing about guns, helping them pick out a handgun for a present and never seemed to be condescending or short tempered.

After one visit, if you like old military stuff it seems well worth a visit to me.
Old 07-16-2015, 04:19 AM
Banned

Been in there a couple times over the years and I've always been treated fine.
Old 07-16-2015, 07:56 AM

So, they don't give free backrubs while every mouth breather going through town gets grimy fingerprints all over their new guns. (Still in their filthy work clothes.)
They usually have the best deal on 7.62x39 around.
I have never been treated badly there.
On weekends they're pretty busy, so you have to wait for a minute to talk to someone, but that's the only knock I have against them. (They must be doing something right to be so busy.)
And, the museum upstairs is really something to behold.