Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 01-23-2019, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck View Post
Five years ago if someone spoke of a $10,000 plus synthetic stocked rifle people literally lost their minds. Glad to see that changing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
If some ten years ago said a truck would cost you $100k people would have flipped out too.
There have always been rediculously overpriced versions of products available to purchase where their inflated price far outbalances any higher performance that they may offer versus the performance of a much more reasonable priced similar product. People like these shiny items because owning them strokes their ego to make them think they are someone special. If thats important then go for it.
Old 01-23-2019, 12:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyksta View Post
There have always been rediculously overpriced versions of products available to purchase where their inflated price far outbalances any higher performance that they may offer versus the performance of a much more reasonable priced similar product. People like these shiny items because owning them strokes their ego to make them think they are someone special. If thats important then go for it.
Wow you sure got your pout on, hahaha. Are you jealous of everyone who owns something outside of your pay league? Why do you care so much? Did it ever occur to you that I’ve been hunting since I was 7 years old, that my whole life I’ve been shooting for accuracy whether it be with archery tackle or firearms, that instead of spending my money on smokes, booze, drugs, fancy watches or jewelry that I spend all my spare money on hunting and fishing equipment because it’s my passion? I’ve got Shimano Stella reels and GLoomis Rods, I bet that gets under your skin too hey? Swarovski EL binos and Leica range finder, Sitka camo suits, meindl hiking boots, and now a Gunwerks rifle! I drive a 2008 truck because it does everything I want it to do, what I don’t do is look down at the guys who buy $125k trucks because they can afford them and for whatever reason choose to drive them. It’s their money, they earned it, good for them. If I could afford to drive one with my spare cash I probably would.

I just proved that Gunwerks claim of 1000yds right out of the box is absolutely true! I got what I paid for and I couldn’t be happier with it. If you’re fine with shooting a Savage 308 that’s fine with me, I just have different standards than you, get over it.

Your comments make you look jealous, whether or not that’s the case I don’t know, I can’t see any other reason for them though. Are you upset that guys buy Blasers or a Christensen Arms Summit, or $15k shotguns too? If it bothers you that much maybe don’t visit the thread anymore?

Last edited by Kurt505; 01-23-2019 at 12:41 PM.
Old 01-23-2019, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Wow you sure got your pout on, hahaha. Are you jealous of everyone who owns something outside of your pay league? Why do you care so much? Did it ever occur to you that I’ve been hunting since I was 7 years old, that my whole life I’ve been shooting for accuracy whether it be with archery tackle or firearms, that instead of spending my money on smokes, booze, drugs, fancy watches or jewelry that I spend all my spare money on hunting and fishing equipment because it’s my passion? I’ve got Shimano Stella reels and GLoomis Rods, I bet that gets under your skin too hey? Swarovski EL binos and Leica range finder, Sitka camo suits, meindl hiking boots, and now a Gunwerks rifle! I drive a 2008 truck because it does everything I want it to do, what I don’t do is look down at the guys who buy $125k trucks because they can afford them and for whatever reason choose to drive them. It’s their money, they earned it, good for them. If I could afford to drive one with my spare cash I probably would.

I just proved that Gunwerks claim of 1000yds right out of the box is absolutely true! I got what I paid for and I couldn’t be happier with it. If you’re fine with shooting a Savage 308 that’s fine with me, I just have different standards than you, get over it.

Your comments make you look jealous, whether or not that’s the case I don’t know, I can’t see any other reason for them though. Are you upset that guys buy Blasers or a Christensen Arms Summit, or $15k shotguns too? If it bothers you that much maybe don’t visit the thread anymore?
Ill visit the thread all i want thank you. I enjoyed this thread. I too invest a lot of my resources into outdoors gear. Learning what is worthwhile and what is a waste is why i was so interested in reading about this $10000 gunwerks rifle. I now know that it shoots the same as a $1000 tikka or a $1200 browning and that anyone looking how to spend their next $10000 on their hobby would be better served buying a $1000 rifle and $9000 on shooting lessons. Not jealous, just grateful for the lesson this thread teaches.
Old 01-23-2019, 01:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Ill visit the thread all i want thank you. I enjoyed this thread. I too invest a lot of my resources into outdoors gear. Learning what is worthwhile and what is a waste is why i was so interested in reading about this $10000 gunwerks rifle. I now know that it shoots the same as a $1000 tikka or a $1200 browning and that anyone looking how to spend their next $10000 on their hobby would be better served buying a $1000 rifle and $9000 on shooting lessons. Not jealous, just grateful for the lesson this thread teaches.
Keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better.

The difference is I’ve owned both and actually know the difference, you obviously will never know. Do you think someone buys a Tikka or browning, and shoot a sub 1/2” group in the first 10 shots? You have no clue.

Do you realize that there’s only $1300 difference in the price of a Gunwerks ClymR and a Christensen Arms Summit once you take off all the extras like rings, case, and sling? For that $1300 extra you get guaranteed load data for your rifle. I don’t see you crying at the guys who spend $7400 on a Christensen, or the guys who spend $8500 on a blaser, neither of which come with load data.

Last edited by Kurt505; 01-23-2019 at 01:27 PM.
Old 01-23-2019, 01:35 PM

Funny how many guys can’t believe someone would spend that much on a rifle yet not bat an eye at 35k$ side by side or a 90k$ diesel truck. To each there own, is that 35k$ side by side better than a Honda 400? I don’t know and who gives a crap do what works for you and don’t worry about what works for someone else. Lots of guys on here who own double digit priced shotguns and I guarantee they don’t shoot Moa lol
Old 01-23-2019, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckbrushoutdoors View Post
Funny how many guys can’t believe someone would spend that much on a rifle yet not bat an eye at 35k$ side by side or a 90k$ diesel truck. To each there own, is that 35k$ side by side better than a Honda 400? I don’t know and who gives a crap do what works for you and don’t worry about what works for someone else. Lots of guys on here who own double digit priced shotguns and I guarantee they don’t shoot Moa lol
Well said. Incredible how some guys twist stuff around to belittle others or justify their own decisions. Like you said, to each their own...

Enjoy your rifle Kurt. It’s quite the rig.
Old 01-23-2019, 02:56 PM

Beauty rifle Kurt! If I could afford it I'd absolutely have one too. Enjoy your new toy!
Old 01-23-2019, 03:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntingfamily View Post
Beauty rifle Kurt! If I could afford it I'd absolutely have one too. Enjoy your new toy!
Thanks Guys!

The only way I was able to get this rifle was to trade off a bunch of nice rifles it took me years to accumulate. Quality over quantity this time.
Old 01-23-2019, 04:43 PM

Kurt you have nothing to explain to no one,you take good care of your family and it's your pride and joy and enjoy it all you can.

Some guys blow there money on things I find crazy like a hot car,i like a nice truck but me and cars have very little romance.Lotsa my friends buy 100k trucks and smoke 2 packs a day and look at me if I show them a 3k set of bino's like I am nuts..They put 8 k worth of decked out crap on there trucks and get nothing in return in 7 years.

If am always happy to see some one who tries to better them selves specially in there main sport that they love, I was never the type to be jealous of any man who works hard and saves up for his thing,it's a sign of good character .Now you get some punk driven around in a new vette from daddy's money doesn't do one thing for me,but maybe make me want to rip that earing out of his nose.

Cheers and happy shootings
JD

Last edited by JD848; 01-23-2019 at 04:48 PM.
Old 01-23-2019, 05:23 PM

[QUOTE=Kurt505;3917798

The only way I was able to get this rifle was to trade off a bunch of nice rifles it took me years to accumulate. Quality over quantity this time.[/QUOTE]

I've been thinking about doing this and picking up an Echols rifle.
Old 01-23-2019, 05:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowmanbob View Post
You won’t regret it, I don’t.
Old 01-23-2019, 06:14 PM
Banned

Quote:

Old 01-23-2019, 06:17 PM
Banned

I love the stock colours,not a fan of the way the pistol grip is but beautiful rig nice thing about that rifle when out in the bush you can say no one will have the same rifle. Easy to see who’s jealous on here lol
Old 01-23-2019, 06:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountainaccent View Post
I love the stock colours,not a fan of the way the pistol grip is but beautiful rig nice thing about that rifle when out in the bush you can say no one will have the same rifle. Easy to see who’s jealous on here lol
The idea behind a more vertical grip, along with the shelf to rest your thumb on is to supposedly create less torque when squeezing the trigger. It’s actually really comfortable to shoot.
Old 01-23-2019, 06:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
The idea behind a more vertical grip, along with the shelf to rest your thumb on is to supposedly create less torque when squeezing the trigger. It’s actually really comfortable to shoot.
Ah makes sense. Nice caliber choice as well I pick up my 7mm rem tomorrow got a long drive to get it first magnum rifle I’ll own
Old 01-23-2019, 06:48 PM

One thing I never use is a front bag for shooting,i never shot at a public range in my life and when some guys who had private ranges invited me over all used a front bag.I love the way those bipods look and you must like them more than a bag.

I do have a shooting bag in my truck to try the odd cold bore shot out during the season.
Old 01-23-2019, 06:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Ah makes sense. Nice caliber choice as well I pick up my 7mm rem tomorrow got a long drive to get it first magnum rifle I’ll own
Right on.

I’ve always liked 7mm magnums but up until now for one reason or another have never had one. Plenty of 300 magnums, a 257bee, but never a 7mm. My favorite cartridge is a 280ai, the 7mm mag is about as close as I can get in the Gunwerks. I have a pile of 175gr bergers I’ll have to try and find a load for, the 168’s are already dialed in.
Old 01-23-2019, 07:07 PM
Banned

I went with a mark v ultralight weight for my caribou/ dall sheep hunt. Hoping 168 Berger will do the trick for me. From deer to moose
Old 01-23-2019, 07:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
I went with a mark v ultralight weight for my caribou/ dall sheep hunt. Hoping 168 Berger will do the trick for me. From deer to moose
I had a couple mark v accumarks, super accurate rifles but too heavy for still hunting. I like the mark v’s.

Last edited by Kurt505; 01-23-2019 at 07:39 PM.
Old 01-23-2019, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowmanbob View Post
A man of great taste! :-)

-Billy Molls
Old 01-23-2019, 09:22 PM

A rifle is worth whatever you are willing to pay. I had several rifles built on trued 700 actions with tuned 700 triggers, but I decided to have one last custom built, and went with a Stiller action, , Timney trigger, extended magazine, pillar bedded into a Mcmillan Mcswirly. It still cost me far less than a Gunworx, but it did cost more than my previous customs, and I don't regret spending the extra cash. As long as the owner is happy with his purchase, it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks.
Old 01-23-2019, 09:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck View Post
A man of great taste! :-)
Few members in the family have a few of them there good rifles
Old 01-23-2019, 10:11 PM
Banned

You guys make me feel good
I thought I had expensive taste.. Now I can sleep much better lol
Old 01-23-2019, 10:14 PM

Quote:
In around 2007 I bought a new mark V ultra light in 7mm.

I had two friends who owned them and they shot great.

Mind was a nightmare,it would hold for two shots and then 2 shots both almost in the same place 3 inches high, and 3 inches to the left,didn't matter the order they were fired some times 2 high 2 low.

I brought it to a good gunsmith and he couldn't fine anything major,but we decided to put a new crown on the barrel.Still the same thing,so the rifle was sent back and new barrel was put on it and it shot great.Never was told why or what reason,maybe a flaw in the factory ,but wasn't told a thing except the new barrel was tested and it shot well..

I hunted with it for few years and sold it to a good friend and every time we meet he says the rifle shots great and he is going to pass it down to his youngest son,guess the kid knows a good rifle since he has shot it plenty with his dad.

Never told you this to give you second thuoghts,just to let you know there a good rifle and hope you enjoy many hunts with it.

JD
Old 01-23-2019, 10:26 PM

Gorgeous!!
Old 01-23-2019, 10:30 PM

Quote:
I miss read the post D'Arcy Echols .co sells some very high end stuff,stuff which what Marky mark wrote doesn't make me feel bad about the money I spent on a few rifles either.
Old 01-23-2019, 10:37 PM

I sleep good at night, cost is what I choose to spend my funds on.

I'd like to have nice things,,, but its all about traveling now days.

Putting on the miles,,, this was not possible 25 years ago when other hobbies and crazy habits that had me pin-ed down,,, I shut that crap down and headed for the hills. Ok,,, mountains that is.

Yupper, bought and paid for is good.

👍
Old 01-24-2019, 08:09 PM
Banned

Quote:

Beauty!

My ignore list is 3 deep now, gad things are so much nicer now Kurt. Nyksta, Marky mark and 41thunder...funny how 41thunder and Marky mark never seem to be in the same thread. Some peeps got pull with the mods let me tell you.😂
Old 01-24-2019, 08:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinky Coyote View Post
Beauty!

My ignore list is 3 deep now, gad things are so much nicer now Kurt. Nyksta, Marky mark and 41thunder...funny how 41thunder and Marky mark never seem to be in the same thread. Some peeps got pull with the mods let me tell you.😂
Nyksta is something else alright

I made up a bunch of the 168’s that Gunwerks gave me the load data for and a bunch of 175gr VLD elite hunters to test out this weekend, should be fun. Supposed to be windy so I can test my windage turret.
Old 01-24-2019, 11:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinky Coyote View Post
Beauty!

Don’t you have a Grendel thread to start on AHA?