Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2018, 08:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salavee View Post
Of course they have. Why wouldn't they have it right. It's about energy transfer, you know.. that stuff that does the damage !
Hornady will be honored to know that they have your approval

For common big-game animals such as deer and elk, you want the controlled release of energy at impact to increase bullet penetration. By using a moderately fast-expanding bullet, more projectile energy is retained to transfer to the animal’s internal organs.

For even larger, more dangerous, big-game animals, you want bullets designed for even slower energy expenditure in order to achieve the deep penetration necessary to create permanent and temporary cavitation in the vital areas of large animals even after the bullet has broken bones along its path.
Ya I almost cut and paste the sd and velocity paragraphs but the whole article is correct and accurate. Sure explains why you see lots of pokes holes through ungulates fro magnums loaded for bear so to speak, too fast and too delayed expansion a bullet not matched to game intended. Read overkill. Then you match an impact velocity, adequate sd and more rapid controlled expansion bullet to suit ungulates and voila, much more spectacular performance. Ie my Grendel moose vs the magnum moose killed a few days earlier. First was told about the two first shots through the liver like 1” apart, nice group, dead on feet. But he used those feet for a lot more than mine did. I think a third shot anchored it? Anyway, so did my Grendel, liver was destroyed, think 12 gauge from 6’ feet, 4” of femur destroyed on shot 2, oh and my third anchored also...lifting a few inches of skull plate off and the antler attached to it...looks good on the coffee table. No flies on the Grendel is right but actually it’s no flies on .252 sd at 2430 fps impact velocity with rapid controlled expansion bullet. Spectacular performance imo, 15 yrd recovery vs I can’t remember but other recovery turned out to be further than wanted and got into tough spot and a 2 am get home sort of night. Mine was in truck before lunch time with a pretty lazy start to the morning. What cartridge was better suited? Hmmm

Magnums don’t help, not sure where they do for Alberta hunting?
Old 12-04-2018, 08:35 PM
Banned

Sorry, you shot your moose where? How far away were you? What bullets where you using? I haven’t found any rapid controlled expansion bullets on google?
Old 12-04-2018, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinky Coyote View Post
Ask Bell and some 1100 elephants he shot with a lot less than a 6.5 prc. You’re new yet so there’s a ton about the subject you’re going to find out about yet. Start with Africa research, where all limits and combos have been tested and learned about for more than a century. Energy and momentum are irrelevant numbers.
Bell used full metal jacketed billets and he was also an extremely efficientlly skilled shooter, not to mention his kills were usually very close .
He not only used the the 6.5 Mannlicher but also several other cartridges
I just recently traded my 6.5x54 Mannlicher but killed more than a few white tails with it and several others over the years .
Cat
Old 12-04-2018, 08:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 41thunder View Post
Sorry, you shot your moose where? How far away were you? What bullets where you using? I haven’t found any rapid controlled expansion bullets on google?
Detailed in 6.5 Grendel Moose thread here somewhere. Page 2 perhaps?
Old 12-04-2018, 08:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnthehat View Post
Bell used full metal jacketed billets and he was also an extremely efficientlly skilled shooter, not to mention his kills were usually very close .
He not only used the the 6.5 Mannlicher but also several other cartridges
I just recently traded my 6.5x54 Mannlicher but killed more than a few white tails with it and several others over the years .
Cat
No argument, fascinating information and accomplishments. You’d need to retain all the sd you could and even still most high penetration loads are solids for any cartridge choice in Africa. You have to keep the sd at its peak for max penetration. Ya I think he did in a bunch with 7x57 also and flirted with some others, phenomenal shot and composure. But the data is very telling and I’m sure confusing for a long time.
Old 12-04-2018, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norwest Alta View Post
I am genuinely curious as to what you're agenda is on this thread and the dozen other 6.5 threads?

SBDS (Small bullet diameter syndrome) Same justifications came out with the 7mm rem mag 15 years ago.

And yes, that also is a great caliber. The best ever,,,,, well,,,,, it ain’t no 6.5 if that’s what you mean,,,,,,
Old 12-04-2018, 09:13 PM
Banned

Wow, 8 page Creedmoor thread that’s stayed reasonably respectful. That’s refreshing.
Old 12-04-2018, 09:14 PM

I think you mixing two subjects, energy transfer requires the bullet to expand with enough force to cause trauma to the animal ( which is why solids penetrate well but do little in the sense of shock to the animal UNLESS they hit bone).
A big round bullet like the .44 mag 240.gr. imparts a great deal of energy but unless it is constructed well will not penetrate nearly as far as a 6.5 bullet. Which due to it's design will penetrate much farther but will impart it's energy slower (we are talking micro seconds here). A big heavy over constructed bullet say from a 50 BMG may not even expand but due to it's mass will impart a large amount of energy into the target.

So for a visual let's pick on a poor little 2# gopher

The 44 mag will over penetrate and possibly kill the gopher ( which has not been my experience but.)( Low velocity has a lot to due with the bullet not expanding)

The .243 with a 85 gr. bullet will launch the above gopher several meters into the air and will over penetrate but will give a great show and with the proper bullet will even begin to expand. (Velocity is your friend in this case)

The 50 will kill the gopher as well but not from bullet expansion but from pure mass and velocity to a certain extent.

Now if you use these same bullets on say an elk

The .44 may penetrate enough strictly because of mass but due to low velocity will probably not be the best choice on the north end of a south bound elk or even a perfect broad side shot. Due to slow velocity and over expansion.

The .243 round would work on a broad side shot but may due to velocity and bullet construction work more like a grenade then a good hunting round. As for a north to south shot with no bone the bullet would probably stop in the gut somewhere. Imparting a bunch of energy but not enough penetration

The .50 would work either north to south or east to west bound shot. BUT due to the construction of the bullet MAY or may not expand BUT because of the overall mass and velocity of the bullet the critter would probably not go to far.

So what does this tell you?

Mass is a great thing, long pointy bullets that spread mass/energy through out the critter are great (6.5) if partnered with proper velocities.

Short round musket ball bullets may do the same thing but there are much better choices especially if your shooting at longer ranges .(44)

BIG heavy bullets especially fired at velocity can and do a lot of damage and due to there overall mass may not even have to expand to create the same hole through an animal BUT they may not expand rapidly enough to actually cause trauma to the animal, so in fact are just big solids.(.50)

Is this always true and gospel? heck no, not even close but if you match your rifle/cartridge/bullet, keep the velocities reasonable and use the properly constructed bullet combination for the distance at which your going to harvest a game animal, then all is good.

In the end shoot what you feel will work, be open to advice and enjoy the day.
- older 6x fixed scopes with fine X or target dot.
Old 12-04-2018, 09:20 PM

Thumbs up Marketing 101- 6.5 Rules!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
If you think the Creedmoor is nothing more than a new shiny then it’s obvious you read too many memes and not enough technical information behind the design.

The ability to shoot heavy for caliber projectiles, rifles spec’d for proper throat and twist, and a 30 degree shoulder are all part of which sets its design aside from most other cartridges. Once you understand the purpose behind the design you’ll understand there is more to the Creedmoor than just a marketing scheme. Subtle differences that give it a slight advantage over other cartridges in its class make it a good choice when buying a new rifle in my opinion.

Suggesting it’s nothing more than a shiny marketing scheme to sell an old product just tells me you haven’t researched its design. There sure seems to be a lot of resentment, especially from the older guys against the Creedmoor. It’s touted as a better design because it is a better design, but that’s nothing to get offended by.

I’m a big Parker Ackley fan, that probably explains my initial interest in the Creedmoor. I see value in slight advantages, others don’t and that’s fine by me.
You're right, it's the most awesomest cartridge available! Everyone who calls themselves a hunter needs to get rid of their "old faithful" and race out to buy a shiny new 6.5 Creedmoor. Got it.
I'm truly shocked that we have been able to kill anything with the substandard calibers we have been forced to use before the new 6.5's arrived on the scene.

Marketing 101- convince the masses they need the newest product. Shooters and gearheads make it easy for them: throw lots of numbers at them and they will buy it. And if yours looks the same as the other guys? Change the criteria or the terminology to suit your product.
FWIW- I think the new 6.5 family is a great addition to the firearms community, and has some definite advantages in certain circumstances. But I still won't be buying one, I learned how to make things "more deader" a long time ago.

“We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did.”- Thomas Sowell
Old 12-04-2018, 09:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by urban rednek View Post
You're right, it's the most awesomest cartridge available! Everyone who calls themselves a hunter needs to get rid of their "old faithful" and race out to buy a shiny new 6.5 Creedmoor. Got it.
I'm truly shocked that we have been able to kill anything with the substandard calibers we have been forced to use before the new 6.5's arrived on the scene.

Marketing 101- convince the masses they need the newest product. Shooters and gearheads make it easy for them: throw lots of numbers at them and they will buy it. And if yours looks the same as the other guys? Change the criteria or the terminology to suit your product.
FWIW- I think the new 6.5 family is a great addition to the firearms community, and has some definite advantages in certain circumstances. But I still won't be buying one, I learned how to make things "more deader" a long time ago.
Lol, obviously you either have a hard time keeping up with the conversation or you’re upset they’re still developing new and better products everyday. I understand change is hard for some to accept and embrace, but fear not because even a 30-30 is capable of killing critters.

Don’t like the advantages that the Creedmoor has over other cartridges in its class? That’s fine, don’t buy one. Getting upset because others understand the advantages and choose to use them is pointless.

Here’s a question for you;

You want to buy a new short action .264 cal cartridge, which cartridge will you choose and why?
Old 12-04-2018, 09:41 PM
Banned

If someone didn't tell you what the advantages are would you be able to recognize them?
Old 12-04-2018, 10:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Lol, obviously you either have a hard time keeping up with the conversation or you’re upset they’re still developing new and better products everyday. I understand change is hard for some to accept and embrace, but fear not because even a 30-30 is capable of killing critters.

Don’t like the advantages that the Creedmoor has over other cartridges in its class? That’s fine, don’t buy one. Getting upset because others understand the advantages and choose to use them is pointless.

You want to buy a new short action .264 cal cartridge, which cartridge will you choose and why?
Urban..i was told I cant keep up with the conversation too. If you dont drink the kool aid i guess your simple. If we dont want to buy one Kurt there’s no reason to get upset about it because others understand the advantages of other calibers and choose to use them is pointless.
Old 12-04-2018, 10:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norwest Alta View Post
If someone didn't tell you what the advantages are would you be able to recognize them?
First thing I noticed was the 30 degree shoulder (longer case life) and a long skinny bullet sticking out (heavy high bc bullets), and a small casing which meant low recoil. All these things were obvious at first glance.

I had a 260 Rem but liked the case design of the Creedmoor because it looked like an Ackley or wsm, which happen to be my favorite design. Short fat case with a little neck cartridges are also associated with being inherently accurate. Then once I started looking into it further I found out it’s got a fast twist that lets you stabilize the heavy bullets, that’s why long range target shooters use them.

I never ran out and bought one when I first heard about it, I did my research so I knew exactly what it was all about. When I bought it I knew it wasn’t a hot rod cartridge, that’s not what I wanted because barrel life was a concern for me. I spent about 2 months researching cartridges like 7mm-08, 7x57, 284win, 6.5x284 norma, 260, 260ai, 6.5x47, and the Creedmoor. All are short actions but the 7mm’s got ruled out early because of my 280’s. By the time the dust settled, after weighing the pros and cons vs my needs I went with the Creedmoor. If I just wanted something cool it would have been a 6.5x284 or a 260ai.
Old 12-04-2018, 10:12 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:

Here's an answer for you: I'm not in the market for a .264 anything, but you guys should buy at least 2 of every one and give us your honest feedback, it should include lots of numbers.

BTW- I'm far from upset, mildly curious would be more accurate. How much are you and SC getting paid to promote the shiny new 6.5's? Or, is this more like a religious experience?

“We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did.”- Thomas Sowell
Old 12-04-2018, 10:19 PM

[QUOTE=Stinky Coyote;3885653]Ya I almost cut and paste the sd and velocity paragraphs but the whole article is correct and accurate. Sure explains why you see lots of pokes holes through ungulates fro magnums loaded for bear so to speak, too fast and too delayed expansion a bullet not matched to game intended. Read overkill. Then you match an impact velocity, adequate sd and more rapid controlled expansion bullet to suit ungulates and voila, much more spectacular performance. Ie my Grendel moose vs the magnum moose killed a few days earlier. First was told about the two first shots through the liver like 1” apart, nice group, dead on feet. But he used those feet for a lot more than mine did. I think a third shot anchored it? Anyway, so did my Grendel, liver was destroyed, think 12 gauge from 6’ feet, 4” of femur destroyed on shot 2, oh and my third anchored also...lifting a few inches of skull plate off and the antler attached to it...looks good on the coffee table. No flies on the Grendel is right but actually it’s no flies on .252 sd at 2430 fps impact velocity with rapid controlled expansion bullet. Spectacular performance imo, 15 yrd recovery vs I can’t remember but other recovery turned out to be further than wanted and got into tough spot and a 2 am get home sort of night. Mine was in truck before lunch time with a pretty lazy start to the morning. What cartridge was better suited? Hmmm

Magnums don’t help, not sure where they do for Alberta hunting?[/QUOTE

Although I don't use one, Magnums do have their place

This "discussion" wasn't about 6.5cm vs magnums anyway. You chose that .300WM comparison.
It had more to do with terminal ballistics, SD and velocity, in particular ,being the only two things to be concerned about. Only uninformed idiots thought different in your opinion. In your explanation(s) you pitted the CM against every cartridge in practically every hunting caliber that can be found.That in itself would cause quite a stir..and rightfully so. All you posted that was correct was old news to most.

.. BTW Bob Nosler had a bullets,energy transfer and penetration thing figured out in the early '50s when he designed the partition. so nothing new there either. Try them and quit worrying about penetration and SD

Last edited by Salavee; 12-04-2018 at 10:24 PM.
Old 12-04-2018, 10:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xbolt7mm View Post
Urban..i was told I cant keep up with the conversation too. If you dont drink the kool aid i guess your simple. If we dont want to buy one Kurt there’s no reason to get upset about it because others understand the advantages of other calibers and choose to use them is pointless.
Did you read his post? It only shows he doesn’t understand the advancements they used in its design. It’s fine not to buy one, but denying the facts because of personal feelings is rediculous. I never said it was the best cartridge, but to try and make a point he said I did, and really I could care less about that, not my problem. I also said the advancements were subtle and small, but they do exist, that’s just the facts and if that upsets you guys then again, not my problem.

Let me ask you this,

Do you understand the advantage of shooting heavy for caliber bullets? If you do, let me know what it is.

Do you understand the advantage of a 30 degree shoulder? If so please let me know.

Do you understand the advantage of a fast twist rate? If so please let me know.

Do you appreciate cheap and available ammo over the counter? If so let me know.

Do you like having readily available quality brass for reloading? If so let me know.

Yap yap yap koolaid, I hear it all the time and 99% of the time it’s coming from people who don’t understand bullet design.

There is a reason it’s so popular, whether most guys realize it or not is another question, but some guys do. If that upsets you, you better get the Kleenex out now because they’re selling like hot cakes. I’d be willing to bet that the 6.5 Creedmoor will be the top selling cartridge in North America, if it already isn’t. It’s new, it’s shiny, and it’s very well designed.
Old 12-04-2018, 10:36 PM

Thumbs up And now for something completely different

Quote:
I'm good with simple. At least we won't be this person:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 6.5 Creedmoor started.jpg (40.6 KB, 40 views)

Old 12-04-2018, 10:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Here's an answer for you: I'm not in the market for a .264 anything, but you guys should buy at least 2 of every one and give us your honest feedback, it should include lots of numbers.

BTW- I'm far from upset, mildly curious would be more accurate. How much are you and SC getting paid to promote the shiny new 6.5's? Or, is this more like a religious experience?
Nice deflect, it’s a hard question to answer and still sound like you understand what’s being discussed.

Ok, you don’t want a .264, tell me what cartridge has a better design? And then tell me why.

Are you Marky Mark 2.0?

I’m betting you don’t have an answer but a cute meme and simple comment are expected.
Old 12-05-2018, 12:24 AM

Was the moose thread nuked?
Old 12-05-2018, 06:38 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
Was the moose thread nuked?
SOCOM and DHS switched to 6.5 CM thread was nuked.
Old 12-05-2018, 06:41 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.5 shooter View Post
i think you mixing two subjects, energy transfer requires the bullet to expand with enough force to cause trauma to the animal ( which is why solids penetrate well but do little in the sense of shock to the animal unless they hit bone).
A big round bullet like the .44 mag 240.gr. Imparts a great deal of energy but unless it is constructed well will not penetrate nearly as far as a 6.5 bullet. Which due to it's design will penetrate much farther but will impart it's energy slower (we are talking micro seconds here). A big heavy over constructed bullet say from a 50 bmg may not even expand but due to it's mass will impart a large amount of energy into the target.

So for a visual let's pick on a poor little 2# gopher

the 44 mag will over penetrate and possibly kill the gopher ( which has not been my experience but.)( low velocity has a lot to due with the bullet not expanding)

the .243 with a 85 gr. Bullet will launch the above gopher several meters into the air and will over penetrate but will give a great show and with the proper bullet will even begin to expand. (velocity is your friend in this case)

the 50 will kill the gopher as well but not from bullet expansion but from pure mass and velocity to a certain extent.

Now if you use these same bullets on say an elk

the .44 may penetrate enough strictly because of mass but due to low velocity will probably not be the best choice on the north end of a south bound elk or even a perfect broad side shot. Due to slow velocity and over expansion.

The .243 round would work on a broad side shot but may due to velocity and bullet construction work more like a grenade then a good hunting round. As for a north to south shot with no bone the bullet would probably stop in the gut somewhere. Imparting a bunch of energy but not enough penetration

the .50 would work either north to south or east to west bound shot. But due to the construction of the bullet may or may not expand but because of the overall mass and velocity of the bullet the critter would probably not go to far.

So what does this tell you?

Mass is a great thing, long pointy bullets that spread mass/energy through out the critter are great (6.5) if partnered with proper velocities.

Short round musket ball bullets may do the same thing but there are much better choices especially if your shooting at longer ranges .(44)

big heavy bullets especially fired at velocity can and do a lot of damage and due to there overall mass may not even have to expand to create the same hole through an animal but they may not expand rapidly enough to actually cause trauma to the animal, so in fact are just big solids.(.50)

is this always true and gospel? Heck no, not even close but if you match your rifle/cartridge/bullet, keep the velocities reasonable and use the properly constructed bullet combination for the distance at which your going to harvest a game animal, then all is good.

In the end shoot what you feel will work, be open to advice and enjoy the day.
👍
Old 12-05-2018, 08:45 AM
Banned

Quote:
I'm good with simple. At least we won't be this person:
Lmao,,,thats awesome
Old 12-05-2018, 08:51 AM

Go to shop and buy gun, pick up extra ammo, get tags, stop at store to buy food and gas.

Drive out West with camping gear in truck. Set up camp, relax part of the day,,, then go scouting with intentions of putting something on the ground,,, or at least seeing something that adds to the joy of good times.

Say hello to those you meet, share in the good stuff, hual critter to camp, hang and prep,,, then repeat the same thing the next day/ days.

Enjoy the rifle you have, remember the awesome stuff it provides, the memory is golden so long as your doing the best you can.

The big bon-fire at night gives us the time to reflect on the days challanges as we address them wizer for the next outting.

Change this, leave that alone, a tweek here and a dab there. Bring or call a friend to join in,,, they can tag along, do their own thing,,, or hang out at camp to burn all the wood. Ha.

The ever changing plan of winging it. A plan with no plan,,, kinda like the gun we own. Oh well,,, dosen't really matter since the kill shot would only be 35 feet to 100 yards plus in the thick trees.

Did you know that its much warmer in the forest then in the open.

The best hunting stories remain in the forests that tell no lies,,, this is good in most cases. Ha.

Yuppers,,, the season with the old out dated cannon is just as fun as the shinny one I left at home.
The tack driver will come in handy once hunting season raps up.

Nothing more fun than dreaming about shooting pin-holes at a later date if it doesn't work out in the Harvesting category. Ha

Dam tough getting those shots off with out the bench rest or Remple bypods,,, at least I remembered to bring the shooting sticks this time,,, oh,,, oh,,, wait,,,, where the 4@!! is my skinning Kn.... Whoooo,,, found it.

Nothing worse than forget the skinner blade.

I wounder how the rest of the crew is doing this morning, dam cold up here,,, but it seems to get these Moose moving. Ha.

Maybe I'll hear their shot if I remain quiet at my end of the 3 mile block. Thunder in the river valley is good,,, sometimes it gets other critters close by to move so we can pick them out.

Yuppers, old dudes with old guns,,, young whipper snappers with all the tech and bling,,, funny thing is that none of us have the upper hand unless we see more game hanging from the poles at camp.

A lot less work at my end since its all about early morning naps,,, afternoon ones just before the late evening ones that follow.

Probilibly don't need a fancy gun since I wasn't really planing on using the it or the old out dated one I have. LOL
Old 12-05-2018, 09:04 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don_Parsons View Post
Go to shop and buy gun, pick up extra ammo, get tags, stop at store to buy food and gas.

Drive out West with camping gear in truck. Set up camp, relax part of the day,,, then go scouting with intentions of putting something on the ground,,, or at least seeing something that adds to the joy of good times.

Say hello to those you meet, share in the good stuff, hual critter to camp, hang and prep,,, then repeat the same thing the next day/ days.

Enjoy the rifle you have, remember the awesome stuff it provides, the memory is golden so long as your doing the best you can.

The big bon-fire at night gives us the time to reflect on the days challanges as we address them wizer for the next outting.

Change this, leave that alone, a tweek here and a dab there. Bring or call a friend to join in,,, they can tag along, do their own thing,,, or hang out at camp to burn all the wood. Ha.

The ever changing plan of winging it. A plan with no plan,,, kinda like the gun we own. Oh well,,, dosen't really matter since the kill shot would only be 35 feet to 100 yards plus in the thick trees.

Did you know that its much warmer in the forest then in the open.

The best hunting stories remain in the forests that tell no lies,,, this is good in most cases. Ha.

Yuppers,,, the season with the old out dated cannon is just as fun as the shinny one I left at home.
The tack driver will come in handy once hunting season raps up.

Nothing more fun than dreaming about shooting pin-holes at a later date if it doesn't work out in the Harvesting category. Ha

Dam tough getting those shots off with out the bench rest or Remple bypods,,, at least I remembered to bring the shooting sticks this time,,, oh,,, oh,,, wait,,,, where the 4@!! is my skinning Kn.... Whoooo,,, found it.

Nothing worse than forget the skinner blade.

I wounder how the rest of the crew is doing this morning, dam cold up here,,, but it seems to get these Moose moving. Ha.

Maybe I'll hear their shot if I remain quiet at my end of the 3 mile block. Thunder in the river valley is good,,, sometimes it gets other critters close by to move so we can pick them out.

Yuppers, old dudes with old guns,,, young whipper snappers with all the tech and bling,,, funny thing is that none of us have the upper hand unless we see more game hanging from the poles at camp.

A lot less work at my end since its all about early morning naps,,, afternoon ones just before the late evening ones that follow.

Probilibly don't need a fancy gun since I wasn't really planing on using the it or the old out dated one I have. LOL
Lol, i love your stories, sometimes I got to work hard on the relevance at the time, but love them non the less, thx Don
Old 12-05-2018, 09:16 AM

Thumbs up No meme, had to find a sig line

Quote:
Nice deflect, it’s a hard question to answer and still sound like you understand what’s being discussed.

Ok, you don’t want a .264, tell me what cartridge has a better design? And then tell me why.

Are you Marky Mark 2.0?

I’m betting you don’t have an answer but a cute meme and simple comment are expected.
This isn't about you, me, or the cartridge; it should be more than adequate of doing its job in the hands of a capable shooter.
I found it, this sig line from another member sums it up perfectly:
Quote:
You can't spend your way out of target panic......trust me.
While this has been entertaining, I'm done here. Cheers.
PS, I am seriously looking at a getting a 45-70 for the fun of it.

Old 12-05-2018, 09:25 AM
Banned

Quote:
This isn't about you, me, or the cartridge; it should be more than adequate of doing its job in the hands of a capable shooter.
I found it, this sig line from another member sums it up perfectly:

While this has been entertaining, I'm done here. Cheers.
PS, I am seriously looking at a getting a 45-70 for the fun of it.
Look at the pedersoli billy dixon, kinda heavy but its purdy
Old 12-05-2018, 09:28 AM
Banned

Quote:
Lmao,,,thats awesome
Can’t you at least come up with a cute meme or simple comment? Well, I guess you have the simple comment part down pat.

It’s all fine and dandy to poke fun but there comes a point when you start to sound foolish. I’m open to valuable information, and I’ve been posting facts, you and your buddy seem to be hooked on cute memes, insults, and stories of bullets sliding boars across the ground...

If you can answer any of my questions that would be great, but if a meme and cheap shot is the best you can come up with well I guess your still getting your post count up
Old 12-05-2018, 09:39 AM
Banned

Quote:
Can’t you at least come up with a cute meme or simple comment? Well, I guess you have the simple comment part down pat.

It’s all fine and dandy to poke fun but there comes a point when you start to sound foolish. I’m open to valuable information, and I’ve been posting facts, you and your buddy seem to be hooked on cute memes, insults, and stories of bullets sliding boars across the ground...

If you can answer any of my questions that would be great, but if a meme and cheap shot is the best you can come up with well I guess your still getting your post count up
You of all people should not talk about getting you post count up, 3 threads about the 6.5!! And you gotta admit, that meme was funny and i merely commented on that fact and i never posted the meme so attack him
and he is not my buddy, never met him before, my boar story was put there just to add to the foolishness of the thread, I was hoping you would have caught that. What I have learned from this thread, however, is the importance of ft lbs to the people with common sence so it has not been a total loss, so thx for enabling the format for others to bring that quality information forward,,cheers
Old 12-05-2018, 10:15 AM
Banned

Quote:
You of all people should not talk about getting you post count up, 3 threads about the 6.5!! And you gotta admit, that meme was funny and i merely commented on that fact and i never posted the meme so attack him
and he is not my buddy, never met him before, my boar story was put there just to add to the foolishness of the thread, I was hoping you would have caught that. What I have learned from this thread, however, is the importance of ft lbs to the people with common sence so it has not been a total loss, so thx for enabling the format for others to bring that quality information forward,,cheers
My post count is definetly getting up there, probably a few hundred on the 6.5’s but for the most part I’ve been trying to post factual information.

I’m not a Creedmoor fanboy, as far as 6.5’s are concerned there are other long actions I would prefer but it does deserve recognition for what it is. To say it’s nothing more than a shiny marketing scheme just isn’t true

Ya, the memes are funny no matter which side of the fence you’re on.
Old 12-05-2018, 12:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
My post count is definetly getting up there, probably a few hundred on the 6.5’s but for the most part I’ve been trying to post factual information.

I’m not a Creedmoor fanboy, as far as 6.5’s are concerned there are other long actions I would prefer but it does deserve recognition for what it is. To say it’s nothing more than a shiny marketing scheme just isn’t true

Ya, the memes are funny no matter which side of the fence you’re on.
I do think it’s far overdone on the hype, which has nothing to do with my feelings about the cartridge and it’s abilities, just the everlasting “praise the lord it’s finally here, the end all of cartridges has arrived” garbage. It gets old, especially with the recent influx of biased information introduced on three different threads when all three could have been easily put on this one. That being said, outside of your natural defence mechanisms, these issues have very little to do with yourself directly. I suppose most of us have lumped you, chuck and Stinky into the same boat, right or wrong as it may be. Your post I quoted off of is all valid and appreciated,,, cheers
Closed Thread