Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 12-23-2014, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edmhunter View Post
Like I responded to you in your unsolicited PM, BM WS!
Just a wannabe bud. Its just so sad lol
Old 12-23-2014, 08:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildside2014 View Post
Just a wannabe bud. Its just so sad lol
I do not take any stock in men that can't shoot geese over 20 yards, so adios SFB's

Last edited by edmhunter; 12-23-2014 at 08:34 PM.
Old 12-23-2014, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edmhunter View Post
I do not take any stock in men that can't shoot over 20 years, so adios SFB's
Can I get a translation please
Old 12-23-2014, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergerboy View Post
Ditto!
Old 12-23-2014, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Oh the beauty.

Ok bud. I called you out before, and fortunately now most of AO is is as well. You called me a liar about referencing who has hunted with you and what they think of you. Now maybe you understand?

I offered to put you on national tv to quantify your abilities and you continue to sidestep that offer while publically calling guys out on their abilities.

I will state it right now. You sir are a liar. You practise poor ethics and frankly, you dont know what youre doing man. You have no clue whatsoever. You joined in september and have more posts than guys do after 3 years. You have not spent one day in the field this year. You are a clown.

Get over the napolean complex. You havent fooled one guy on this forum. You are nothing more than a bushwhacking hack that dooms future hunters by exhibiting garbage tendencies in the field. You are AO's version of uncle rico. 50 something years old and still throwing the football hoping to get the call up. Its sad man. Grow a set, show up or shut up

If i offended others with this post i apologize. It fires me up knowing this goof might be mentoring others new to hunting though. Mods, i probably deserve whats coming to me

Ban hammer on wildside commence.....

Cheers fellas
I am offended and the apology is not accepted, why can't you just leave it alone. Instead you gotta bring this garbage out in a thread that some guy just asked about a flat shooting gun, help him out or shut up,,,, man you guys gotta lighten up or at least stay on track with the post,,,,, wow
Old 12-23-2014, 08:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Ditto!
It's where you live SFB's, see attached and please stop sending me unsolicited PMs. Your unsolicited PM''s are less then unwelcome.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Black Hole.jpg (94.6 KB, 16 views)
Old 12-23-2014, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Too cheap to buy decoys to do it right or too dumb to figure out how to set up a rig to get them in the kill hole.
Old 12-23-2014, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowtown guy View Post
Too cheap to buy decoys to do it right or too dumb to figure out how to set up a rig to get them in the kill hole.
Gotcha. Thanks!
Old 12-23-2014, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jims71duster View Post
I am offended and the apology is not accepted, why can't you just leave it alone. Instead you gotta bring this garbage out in a thread that some guy just asked about a flat shooting gun, help him out or shut up,,,, man you guys gotta lighten up or at least stay on track with the post,,,,, wow
Jims71duster...are you and edmhunter the same person? Or have I missed something....
Old 12-23-2014, 08:59 PM

Jims I am one of the offending ones and I do apologize for it. I know there are many capable shooters on here but I'm hard pressed to believe that their are a few if any that can free hand shoot 500yards. If he were to say it was a fluke then I'd believe that.
Old 12-23-2014, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by norwestalta View Post
Jims I am one of the offending ones and I do apologize for it. I know there are many capable shooters on here but I'm hard pressed to believe that their are a few if any that can free hand shoot 500yards. If he were to say it was a fluke then I'd believe that.
there are freehand shooters in alberta shooting 500 metres silhouette and their targets as far as i can tell are about half the size of the one i am trying to shoot on offhand challenge relatively so theres gotta be quite a few guys with talent and practice to do so
Old 12-23-2014, 09:19 PM

Quote:
That's got nothing to do with the thread, he wants to know what caliber/cartridge can do it,,,not who can do it, you guys are so caught up in a fight you don't even know what the thread is about
Old 12-23-2014, 09:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
I think it's possible, I even think it's possible to make the shot more times than not. I do think its impossible to make the shot every time tho.

I shoot targets quite often at 500yds with a rest, I also take lots of shots freehand at coyotes at all type of ranges. The last coyote I shot at was at a true 500yds, and it was free hand, and the coyote was on a dead run and I....... Missed, but I was close, really really close, like within inches close. As a matter of fact, about 2 weeks after the season I texted the guy I was with when I shot and told him that was the shot I was most proud of all year. Having the composure to put all the factors together and come as close as I did, even though it was a miss, to come that close at a coyote running flat out at a true 500yds was impressive, at least to me.

So, moral of my story, if I can come that close, I believe there are guys out there that can make 500yd freehand shots with good consistancey, I just haven't met any yet.
Old 12-23-2014, 09:29 PM
Banned

I used to date a flat shooter.
Old 12-23-2014, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Jims71duster...are you and edmhunter the same person? Or have I missed something....
You've missed something,,, like most who have posted the last five pages,,,,,I like the 7 mm mag, the 257 weatherby I think they are both great "flat" shooters as long as one takes the time on the ranges and learns what happens at a given distance. That being said, most of the "normal" caliber/cartridges being used can hit targets consistently if the same practice is utilized,, just not as "flat" as others. One also needs to consider what you want to happen with the bullet at different distances. If your hunting then you may not want a 120 gr. hitting an animal at 800 yards and in that case you may need the "flattest" 30 cal you can get (as an example). That 257 may be just fine for paper at 800 but for me it's too small for game, others may choose to use it anyway, personal choice and individual values too sensitive to get into.
Old 12-23-2014, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gitrdun View Post
This flat shooter topic comes up often. A fellow wants to discard his 30-06 for a more "flat" shooting .270WIN, or so on and so on. I would love to see a definition of a flat shooter vs one that isn't. Of course I'm not speaking of a 30-30 vs a 220 Swift, so let's stay within parameters. Why would one not consider a slightly higher hold over, and maybe at longer range a turret adjustment. Are folks that look for a flatter shooting caliber expecting it to do their homework for them in terms of a couple of inches which in terms of kill zone would make little to no difference at all. Flat shooting seems to be an overused and misunderstood phrase. Define flat shooting.
Read it again everyone
Old 12-23-2014, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jims71duster View Post
You've missed something,,, like most who have posted the last five pages,,,,,I like the 7 mm mag, the 257 weatherby I think they are both great "flat" shooters as long as one takes the time on the ranges and learns what happens at a given distance. That being said, most of the "normal" caliber/cartridges being used can hit targets consistently if the same practice is utilized,, just not as "flat" as others. One also needs to consider what you want to happen with the bullet at different distances. If your hunting then you may not want a 120 gr. hitting an animal at 800 yards and in that case you may need the "flattest" 30 cal you can get (as an example). That 257 may be just fine for paper at 800 but for me it's too small for game, others may choose to use it anyway, personal choice and individual values too sensitive to get into.
My apologies Jim. I did miss something.
Old 12-23-2014, 09:36 PM
Banned

The beauty of silhouette shooting is can be made to work for different situations.

This is the most common link for information, there are many others.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metalli...uette_shooting
Old 12-23-2014, 09:38 PM

My choice for flattest shooter is a 300wsm with a God dang huskemaw. Just dial that puppy in and a whamo down goes Bambi.
Old 12-23-2014, 09:40 PM

Marx I should of rephrased it and said few and far in between can do it consistently.
Kurt close only counts in horse shoes and hand grenades.
Back to the main theme. What would the flatest shooting chambering be?
Old 12-23-2014, 09:42 PM

I did shoot a 6.5x300Weatherby that was an amazingly flat cartridge.
Old 12-23-2014, 09:46 PM

Smile

Yahoo!! gun talk in the guns and ammo discussion forum!
Old 12-23-2014, 09:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Marx I should of rephrased it and said few and far in between can do it consistently.
Kurt close only counts in horse shoes and hand grenades.
Back to the main theme. What would the flatest shooting chambering be?
As far asI know, 26 Nosler
Old 12-23-2014, 09:52 PM

I wonder if you shot a 338 and a 22 250 straight up into the air, which bullet would fall back to the ground first?
Old 12-23-2014, 09:52 PM

I will look forward to Skytops 26 Nosler real world outcomes. If it seems good it will likely be a future build.
Old 12-23-2014, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
I wonder if you shot a 338 and a 22 250 straight up into the air, which bullet would fall back to the ground first?

Is there a Huskemaw on either one?
Old 12-23-2014, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeLantz View Post
Is there a Huskemaw on either one?
No huskemaws......(therefore no ability to dodge insects)
Old 12-23-2014, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
Same time
Old 12-23-2014, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Same time
Unless both bullets are fired with the same velocity, and have the same B.C., shooting both straight up adds extra variables, compared to simply dropping both bullets from the same height. One bullet may travel higher, which means that it would have farther to fall.
Old 12-23-2014, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
Unless both bullets are fired with the same velocity, and have the same B.C., shooting both straight up adds extra variables, compared to simply dropping both bullets from the same height. One bullet may travel higher, which means that it would have farther to fall.
Fair. I need to math this out.
Closed Thread