Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 12-10-2007, 11:43 AM

Default Beretta Xtrema2 KO option

I'm wondering if anyone has experience/opinions about the optional KO Kick-Off recoil reduction system that is available on these guns. Do you think it is worth the extra $200 apx. that it adds to the price tag?

Thanks,
Chet
Old 12-10-2007, 11:57 AM
sheephunter

Recoil reduction seems to be the buzz technology these days and no doubt the technology works but I guess you have to ask yourself how much recoil is manageable. My experience with the non KO model is that recoil is already fairly mild so it's not something I'd spend the extra money on but I guess if you are recoil sensitive or are shooting boxes of 3.5" shells day after day....it may be worthwhile. Does bit work...yes but do you need it...really a matter of personal choice but I can see it being more desireable on a pump than an auto.
Old 12-10-2007, 12:17 PM

Thanks for the feedback.

Quote:
I can see it being more desireable on a pump than an auto.
I agree. I haven't shot either model of the Xtrema2 but I know my Beretta AL390 sure doesn't pack much kick compared to any of my 12 Ga. pumps when shooting the same loads.
Old 12-11-2007, 08:06 PM

SIR has the KO option listed for $143 more. IMO, if you're going to spend that much on a shotgun, why not? Especially given that it's a unique option and might be something in high demand for resale. Feels like it would make shooting 3 1/2" loads actually enjoyable.
Old 12-11-2007, 09:53 PM

I have the Beretta Extrema 2 with the KO system on it...it works well, not much felt recoil for sure. I can't comment on what the model w/o it would be like in comparison but it is very nice compared to my Rem 870.