Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-01-2018, 11:53 PM

Default Funny/Ackward Moments...

Seeing as how hunting is once again off the table for me, let's have a bit of fun.

About 15 years ago, my little brother was about to pop the question on his beautiful bride to be. He had an amazing weekend in Banff planned, but with one ask.

Could we babysit their new kitten?

"No problem!" was my immediate reply.

Problem.

Kitty just had surgery and wasn't recovering so well.

The big night arrives. The happy couple deliver their 'first born' with a long list of instructions. No problem...

The happy couple departs. Leaving their sickly baby cuddled up on my lap. No problem...

At approximately the six minute mark upon their happy departure, kitty looks me square in the eye and promptly DIES!!!

@#$^^!!!!

Mrs Tree is a cat lover. She instantly looses her s#it! This is less than helpful.

Mind reeling, the only thing I can immediately think of is CPR.

With a heroic swoop, I swing dead kitty into position and begin blowing into it's nose and applying compersions.

Kitty came to life! It friggin' legitamatly came back!

He then sneezed in my mouth, looked me square in the eye and !@##ing died again. Further efforts were unsuccessful.

So at this point, I'm stuck with an incredibly upset wife, a stressed out bro and a dead cat in my lap. And people complain about Mondays!

Not the best way to begin a weekend....

Then the phone rang. "How's Gus?"

"Gus is doing just fine."

They are long since happily married, with three beautiful children. Poor Gus hasn't been mentioned once until tonight. I'm not so sure the SIL is over it. LOL!

Tree