Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 01-15-2019, 10:16 PM

I have no problem either just stating the facts. He has always made nice stuff and was happy to be his boss for a while and learn a fishing thing or three.
Old 01-15-2019, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooner View Post
I've got no problem, and am happy to support local, independent effort.

I'd pay 20 bud.

How about supporting albertan enterprise???

Aint nobody getting rich off this.
No, you’re right, and I’m all for supporting locals. Just saying with some time and a little ambition, anyone can save a few bucks and put it towards other fishing stuff
Old 01-15-2019, 11:35 PM

If you don’t like the fancy tube jig. Don’t buy the fancy tube jig.
Old 01-16-2019, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooner View Post
I've got no problem, and am happy to support local, independent effort.

I'd pay 20 bud.

How about supporting albertan enterprise???

Aint nobody getting rich off this.
X2 on this.

Everyone wants high quality products (and complains bitterly about poor quality) and talks about how they want to support local businesses and people. So someone steps up locally and makes a premium quality product, and then in the next breath, those same people complain about the cost of the products and take shots at them. It's definitely a no win situation lol.

The TC Moto tackle is aimed at the people who value the quality and innovation that goes into it are willing to pay for it. If the price of that is not worth it to you that's fine, there are cheaper (in every sense of the word) options out there.

P.S. If you're big into pulling blades and you haven't tried their bottom bouncers, do yourself a favour and try them, they're the best bouncers on the market.
Old 01-16-2019, 09:08 AM

As stated above... you get what you pay for.... if anyone knows the TC Moto brand - you know that you are getting quality and convenience ( as you pick them up and have to put no effort into it other then driving there) you know they will work and you know they won't fall apart. If you don't like the price.... go buy them somewhere else or go make your own..... no one is stopping you ....
Good on TC Moto to make a push into a very small niche market and being successful enough that they can keep doing what they're doing!!
Old 01-16-2019, 09:38 PM

anyone can make a lure but not anyone can make a quality lure there is a big diffrence and T.C.MOTTO has that quality

mack
Old 01-16-2019, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackinaw View Post
anyone can make a lure but not anyone can make a quality lure there is a big diffrence and T.C.MOTTO has that quality

mack
Nah this should be reworded haha anyone can make a lure but nobody takes the time to do it.

These "quality" ingredients are just normal off the shelf products that were assembled with gamakatsu hooks and good stingers ect. They didn't make the hooks or tubes. They just assembled it.

What kamooki lures did was starting from scratch. Designing the lures from scratch on computer and with artists. Adding beads for rattle, perfect positioning of the lead weight so the lure always stays upright. These designs take time and effort tons of research and development.

T.C. moto did a good job and I will buy there products once in a while. I like to support local and small businesses since I'm a small business owner myself. But eventually I would learn how to tie and assemble my own tube jig just like how I learned how to make my own leaders and quick strike rigs.

YouTube:@huyfishin Fishing Videos!

Respect wildlife
Old 01-16-2019, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushi_man View Post
Nah this should be reworded haha anyone can make a lure but nobody takes the time to do it.

These "quality" ingredients are just normal off the shelf products that were assembled with gamakatsu hooks and good stingers ect. They didn't make the hooks or tubes. They just assembled it.

What kamooki lures did was starting from scratch. Designing the lures from scratch on computer and with artists. Adding beads for rattle, perfect positioning of the lead weight so the lure always stays upright. These designs take time and effort tons of research and development.

T.C. moto did a good job and I will buy there products once in a while. I like to support local and small businesses since I'm a small business owner myself. But eventually I would learn how to tie and assemble my own tube jig just like how I learned how to make my own leaders and quick strike rigs.
Im glad to hear you support local small businesses and will buy TC but i think you should look into the development of TC Lures a little more

mack
Old 01-16-2019, 10:56 PM

Totally agree with walleynude