Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 09-06-2007, 10:15 AM

Default Cleanliness is Godliness

So a buddy of mine tells me of this product,,Wipe out
I buy a can and it sits on the shelf in my room for a year.
Over time i have noticed my accuracy of most of my rifles degrading over time.
i do the ritual of ramin a rod up the back side of my guns with quiet the conconsion of stuff... Some come back into snuff and sum just stay around 1 inch at 100.
so i decide to give it a wirl and put the gun horzontal and spray the stuff into the chamber and walla,, what a mess lol shavin cream every where lol.
So put 3 rifles verticle into a pail muzzel down and spray wipe out till it comes out the action,,,,
Well let me tell u Hmmmmm..... i dont think i clean em at all wen i saw the results...Im kinda embarrised lol

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e1...n/Dsc01424.jpg

so i would let the stuff sit and disapate and redo it over and over about 4 times over 24 hours
then i ran patches ,,what u see is from 2 rifles that i did
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e1...n/Dsc01425.jpg

Cant wait to get back out and foulem up again cause this cleanin method is the cats meow lol
Old 09-06-2007, 11:16 AM

I'm glad to hear that you are happy with the product. I bought a can last year but haven't had a chance to use it yet. I still use Sweet's regularly, and Butch's Bore Paste to a lesser degree. I bought a bunch of Barnes TSX bullets last year and I was told that the Wipe Out was extraordinarily good for the copper fouling produced by these bullets. I'm hoping to get out and see exactly what the bullets and the Wipe Out will do in the very near future. Regards, Mike
Old 09-06-2007, 01:48 PM

Welcome to the wonerful world of copper fouling.
While some rifles may shoot better slightly fouled, it is a guarntee that if the fouling is excessive enough your accuracy will go to pot. It usually will go right now, as if something went terribly wrong, like a scope failure or such.

With all the access to information be it in print or off the web I still find it amazing that many people still think that rifle cleanig involves nothing but Nitro solvent and a bronze brush.
Wipeout is a bit of a god send. Almost too good to be true. I know it has cut my time spent pushing patches way down.
Although I still run a few patches of Barnes or Butches down the pipe just to make sure the last of the copper is truely gone.
Glad to here it works for you Fred.
Buy a bore guide and pump the foam into the muzzle end, after a couple doses you can pretty much not make any mess.

There are no absolutes

Last edited by Dick284; 09-06-2007 at 03:27 PM.
Old 09-06-2007, 03:18 PM

Default wipe-out

I just recently started using Wipeout. I've been reading about it for quite some time and figured i'd give it a try. Turns out it works pretty decent. I used to have to scrub and soak my bore with CR-10 to get the rifle clean. Now I just set the rifle horizontally in my cleaning stand, run a patch of wipe-out accelerator down it..give it a min..then a couple of quick shots of wipeout in the muzzle end of the barrel. The first couple of times it made a bit of a mess but now I have it down.

Wish I could find the stuff in Calgary though.

Chuck Norris and Mr. T walked into a bar. The bar was instantly destroyed, as that level of awesome cannot be contained in one building
Old 09-06-2007, 06:50 PM

Ok somehow I missed this thread. I now know the product. lol Wipeout. Now who makes it and where can I get it?
I have been using break free. Not the stuff bought off the shelf but some of the stuff that they use to clean up the big guys on Our Navy Ships. Unfortunetly I used the last of it up this spring. and am looking for a replacement product for it.
Old 09-06-2007, 06:58 PM

LIL:
Wipeout is available at P&D in Edmonton.
Strike while the iron is hot, it does'nt stay on the shelf too long.
BTW: Break free is a powder solvent and bore preservative, it does nothing to attack copper.
When you use the Wipeout, you'll be amazed.

There are no absolutes
Old 09-06-2007, 09:29 PM

Thanks Dick. Who makes it? I knew what break free was. It wasn't the only product I used but sure liked the cleaning ability of it before running copper klenz down the bore.
Old 09-06-2007, 09:36 PM

Wipeout.
Sold by: PAUL CO INC.
PO Box 171 Paola, KS
www.sharpshootr.com

There are no absolutes
Old 09-06-2007, 09:37 PM
50BMG

Dick answered above..thanks buddy
Old 09-06-2007, 10:18 PM

They sell it at the spring gun show in Calgary every year. I stock up on it then. I get the carbon out first with Hoppes Elite, then swab some accelerator through the bore then a squirt of wipe out. I have been using it for 2 years.
Old 09-06-2007, 10:29 PM

thanks for the info. The link was great thanks for that.
Old 09-07-2007, 10:32 AM

To save the mess with wipeout just use your boreguide and shoot the stuff down throught there until it comes out the muzzle. Or get a piece of flexible plastic tubing and slip it over the end of the wipeout nozzle and then insert it into the chamber. I don't use anything else now.
Old 09-07-2007, 11:09 PM

When I use Wipe out, I roll up an earplug (the Orange ones work best) and stuff in the end of a boreguide. This typically reduces any/all mess. I use the tube & spray from the muzzle, just a short little burst (maybe 1/2 a second), I then let it sit for a few minutes, then give another little shot. I then roll another earplug & stuff in the Muzzle, lay rifle in a Gun vice, and sit over night.

Awesome stuff.