Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 06-16-2011, 08:34 AM

Default need to rent a cabin for honeymoon

Hi. I'm getting married Sept 10, and would like to rent a lakeside cabin for our honeymoon. We only need it for 3-4 days, and would like it on a good fishing lake. Does anywhere know where we should go? And how far it would be from Calgary. Also we would like it to be pet friendly for our dog. Thanks alpt
Old 06-16-2011, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey View Post
Hi. I'm getting married Sept 10, and would like to rent a lakeside cabin for our honeymoon.
What does your fiance want? LOL
Old 06-16-2011, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Hi. I'm getting married Sept 10....
Sorry to hear that. My codolences.

http://youtu.be/ZLDzPH-cBhw
Old 06-16-2011, 09:07 AM

I've got a cabin you can use for your honeymoon. Just give me a little time so I can set up the webcams.

Greetings from Creepyville.
(don't worry. You will get a serious reply eventually LOL)
Old 06-16-2011, 09:29 AM

might be better off finding one on a lake with lousy fishing,

Shove your masks and your vaccines
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 06-16-2011, 10:06 AM

congrats dude....have you not considered the fact that YOU could be the fish? jk
I've heard Emerald lake lodge is good for that sorta thing...dunno nuffin bout the fishing tho....
http://www.crmr.com/emerald/video/
Old 06-16-2011, 11:15 AM

Haha. Funny stuff guys. But I'm marring a girl who is letting me take our honeymoon to a lake so it can't be that bad. Haha. I was thinking mabye invemere or somewhere around there. Buy staying in Alberta would be much better
Old 06-16-2011, 12:00 PM

Check out the Waterton Lake Lodge on the net...been there, its beautiful down there...Lots of fishing there too...
Old 06-16-2011, 03:13 PM

Default How about streams instead of a lake

Take a look at the Prairie Creek Inn south of Rockey Mountain House. Great accomodation and dining and it's got almost a kilometer of Prairie Creek boundary. Lots of lakes and other streams nearby. they have a very good website to look at the rooms. I am taking my wife there for our anniversary.
Old 06-16-2011, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finsnfeathers View Post
congrats dude....have you not considered the fact that YOU could be the fish? jk
I've heard Emerald lake lodge is good for that sorta thing...dunno nuffin bout the fishing tho....
http://www.crmr.com/emerald/video/
Quote:
Originally Posted by vondogleg View Post
Check out the Waterton Lake Lodge on the net...been there, its beautiful down there...Lots of fishing there too...
wow, nice looking places, but i dont think they would allow dogs. she wants to take them for hikes and whatever. great areas though.
I just bought a '73 trihull boat with 65hp johnson that runs great for $600, so we wanted to go somewhere we can use it, so we would rather a lake over a river I think. thanks for the info, gave me places to look
Old 06-16-2011, 05:52 PM

Quote:
wow, nice looking places, but i dont think they would allow dogs. she wants to take them for hikes and whatever. great areas though.
I just bought a '73 trihull boat with 65hp johnson that runs great for $600, so we wanted to go somewhere we can use it, so we would rather a lake over a river I think. thanks for the info, gave me places to look
waterton lakes resorts takes pets....imo its the prettiest park in alberta....and you can make a day trip to the highway to the sun, possibly the prettiest drive anywhere
Old 06-16-2011, 09:50 PM

I called waterton, but the lady said that the resort is one big hotel?? I think I found something nice and affordable in kootenay lake. it is in Boswell right on the lake in a nice log cabin. 120$ a night. now I hope the fishing is good there. I have never been to a deep lake like that
Old 06-16-2011, 09:57 PM

Quote:
I called waterton, but the lady said that the resort is one big hotel?? I think I found something nice and affordable in kootenay lake. it is in Boswell right on the lake in a nice log cabin. 120$ a night. now I hope the fishing is good there. I have never been to a deep lake like that
well you'll be a tadd early for the good fishing on the koot, but its a beautiful place.
You can fish Duck for bass though
or go the Ainsworth hotsprings.
Lots of tree hugger hippy types and their crafty huts selling their wares.
Old 06-16-2011, 10:03 PM

ya, the person who owns the cabin is a tree hugging 'healer' but seems nice. duck lake is the one with no motors, correct? perhaps some good shore fishing though. hopefully there are some kokanee biting at least for some good meals on kootenay
Old 06-16-2011, 10:06 PM

Quote:
let me know how the fishing is...i'll be heading out to an area called Proctor, on Kootney Lake, for about 10 days. Takin my boat.
Old 06-16-2011, 10:08 PM

Quote:
ya, the person who owns the cabin is a tree hugging 'healer' but seems nice. duck lake is the one with no motors, correct? perhaps some good shore fishing though. hopefully there are some kokanee biting at least for some good meals on kootenay

yaa Duck is a rowwer.....with lots of great shore fishing for perch, sunfish and bass.
The goat river is excellent fly fishing for Cutts and Brookies
I cant remember if or any fruit will be tree ripe at thetime your planning on being there.
The kokes are always biting...small dodger and anything pink or orange
Old 07-25-2011, 12:19 AM
Banned

Waterton has great deals that time of year.
Old 07-25-2011, 09:51 AM

Can't find it right now online, but check private listings for peoples cabins they rent out. Often they are more cozy than commercialized places. It's expensive, but looks like you are getting married around the start of the offseason, so may have good luck before some of the ski hills kick up. Try the Fernie/Kimberley area. Its beautiful there. My 2 cents