Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 02-13-2019, 08:26 AM
Banned

Divorced ten years ago and still happily single.
We just grew apart...no animosity and we see/talk to each other weekly because of the kids, two boys now 15 and 18. We've always had 50/50 shared custody and have always had each others back as far as bringing the boys up.
But I'm perfectly happy the way it is. On the alternating weeks the boys are with me we do lots of stuff together and on the weeks I don't have them I enjoy getting home at the end of the day and being able to decide if I want to get together with friends or stay home with a good book.
Don't regret at all the time we we had together, just under 15 years, but I can't ever see myself embracing the married life now that the 'children' days are out of the picture.
Old 02-13-2019, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldan Grumpi View Post
You have to keep in mind that if she's over 40 and out there running around loose, there's a good chance it's because some other guy was sick of her s**t and ran her off.
I think you nailed it! I’ve been single about 10 years and all of the women I meet just aren’t worth my time. I have to agree, I love being able to do what I want when I want. I also agree with the comment “most of my friends that are in marriages don’t seem to be very happy”. Sure, I get lonely but I’m not alone!
Old 02-13-2019, 09:05 AM

Been single 11 years now and no regrets. Freedom to do what and when I want.

Did the dating site thing for awhile and like omega50, kind of became poon tang happy but soon tired of all the drama it or they seemed to come with.

Being in my late 50’s and retired, just do not see myself “settling” down again.
Old 02-13-2019, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaHunter View Post
I love being single.
I get to save money, and buy reloading equipment, guns and other fun toys. And I get to hang out with friends anytime, shoot in the gun range anytime, go on vacation anytime.
Love it.

Honestly, with this kind of awesome lifestyle. I wouldn't trade it for being in a relationship with a woman.
I do all that but I'm married, living your life vs being with a partner shouldn't be a trade off, too many guys hide who they are and compromise themselves to dupe a women into a relationship and then they complain they can't live the way they did when they were single.

Set the expectations from day one and this won't be a problem. Weak men are the problem not over demanding women.
Old 02-13-2019, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhad View Post
I do all that but I'm married, living your life vs being with a partner shouldn't be a trade off, too many guys hide who they are and compromise themselves to dupe a women into a relationship and then they complain they can't live the way they did when they were single.

Set the expectations from day one and this won't be a problem. Weak men are the problem not over demanding women.
So guys that choose to be single are weak. Lol, gotcha.
Old 02-13-2019, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohninAB View Post
Been single 11 years now and no regrets. Freedom to do what and when I want.

Did the dating site thing for awhile and like omega50, kind of became poon tang happy but soon tired of all the drama it or they seemed to come with.

Being in my late 50’s and retired, just do not see myself “settling” down again.

So many women on these on line dating sites with emotional issues from being married to a alcoholic abusive partner , drinking problems , smoking , financial problems, family members into drinking and drugs ,

Last edited by PaintearthCounty; 02-13-2019 at 10:09 AM.
Old 02-13-2019, 10:01 AM

Default Wife ?

Next anniversary we will be together 50 years- since 1970 began dating in
1969. Would not have it any other way, she makes my life much brighter, makes the grandchildren closer.
Not suggesting others here are similar, but see kids who were spoiled when small and wanted every thing their way are still that way at 50 or 60. Both men and women. That is OK
for them and it is good that they are happy. Stay warm.
Old 02-13-2019, 10:21 AM

Default Single

If the aliens who are conducting this experiment wanted us to be alone,they would not have brought women on the scene--Now lose the beer gut, get a hair cut,and please get some half decent cloths,double up on the showers,get someone in to clean up the house,cut back on the whineing.This is some serious fun time hunting,Now I know its not like elk or whitetail,but what else can you do when its -30c--As in hunting,dont take the shot at the 1st thing you see,go for the eight pointer or better---now get out there.
Old 02-13-2019, 10:28 AM

Default Single

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post
Go to the legion......

Might find a sugar momma.....some have a pension or two already and a house all paid for
Finally someone with some common sense, and good advice--My wife is 27 years younger, owns two houses, works all the time.As in hunting you dont take a shot at the 1st one you see,the ten pointers are out there-----
Old 02-13-2019, 10:49 AM

Don't know, I wouldn't be able to go out in public if I didn't have my wife with me. She keeps my big mouth shut what with my inability to deal with all the BS people seem to be spewing these days. But some guys can handle that on their own, so their good to go solo. 35 years and counting for me, I'm happy, happy.
Old 02-13-2019, 12:37 PM

I'm 55 years old and I can gurantee that real love comes when you're least expecting it. I'm a natural lone wolf, and have never felt lonely because I have really tight friends. I have been thru a divorce (18 years), and hooked up with my guy thru sheer chance. If he dies before me, there will be no other. Why have a hamburger when you've already gotten used to Filet Mignon. My husband now is the great love in my life, and I've known him since birth. I don't think anyone really 'needs' anyone, it just depends on how you feel about yourself.
Old 02-13-2019, 12:47 PM

If you aren't happy being single I am willing to bet you won't be happy being married! There are piles of dating sites out there. You just need to find the diamond in the rough. Women love window shopping and they get piles of messages so you need to move quick to meet them or they have moved on to the next guy.
Old 02-13-2019, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
So guys that choose to be single are weak. Lol, gotcha.
you must be just learning to read because that is the only explanation to what your brain put together from what I wrote.

let me spell it our for you as you're having a hard time; the weak man is the one that lets his lady change his style of living and then complains about it later, not you incels that "choose" to be single
Old 02-13-2019, 03:11 PM

Just heard this today
over 17 million Widows in the US
5 million Widowers
Old 02-13-2019, 05:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhad View Post
Weak men are the problem not over demanding women.
Bla,bla,bla, being weak means they can spank you when they want!
Old 02-13-2019, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
Most commenting on this are older and did the married life and raised kids and enjoyed doing it. But when that’s all over and you both know you’d be happier doing your thing in life, have atter. Enjoy what you have left in life.
The most sensible comment in this whole thread.
Old 02-13-2019, 06:07 PM

Ahhhh to be single......I wish.
Old 02-13-2019, 07:49 PM

Being committed to one person is a nice thing for many. Raising kids, family stuff etc. But we believe it’s an archaic social “norm” ....kinda. It has huge value but it can become a social “block “ so to speak. It depends on the temperament of the parties involved.

But I believe you still need to have friends of the opposite sex. Friends you can hang with, travel with, go to concerts with, watch goofy movies with.....friends that know your significant other, and vice versa.

Friends. Not bed buddies. Friends.

You can maintain a commitment AND still have fun with someone else

Wife/partner/husband/ whatever you call it should never be a hinderance or make things complicated. It’s called confidence. Trust. It works

You get few choices in life. Spouse/partner and friends are choices. Make good
choices

Last edited by huntinstuff; 02-13-2019 at 08:12 PM.
Old 02-13-2019, 08:02 PM

The single life... those were the days... can’t beat the freedom of doing what you want when you want...
Old 02-13-2019, 08:14 PM

My wife is my soul mate and partner for life,but if I want to have a women friend from high school or someone I met at work and she would say no,then all hell would break lose.

My wife works for the feds and she travel's the country,she has male and female friends and nothing bothers me one bit,hell I even bought her a Harley to go cruise with her friends ,I was going to get one but things change like an accident.

My bed is shared with only my wife and the same for her,you can't go through life not enjoying other people and just hanging out with guys.

You can still be very good friend's with a women and leave the sex out,it's very easy to get laid,but very hard to find good friends for life.

I know guys that are married and go to cuba to get laid,killing your partner with some STD is one dumb move.Lots of single guys go to cuba or other countries to have the same fun,hell there's tons of very nice women in this country,just go look.

Women like confident men who just live life to be happy and make them smile
Old 02-13-2019, 08:30 PM

IT's Better To BE LONELY Than MISERABLE
shoot where their
going not where they been,
Old 02-13-2019, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD848 View Post
My wife is my soul mate and partner for life,but if I want to have a women friend from high school or someone I met at work and she would say no,then all hell would break lose.

My wife works for the feds and she travel's the country,she has male and female friends and nothing bothers me one bit,hell I even bought her a Harley to go cruise with her friends ,I was going to get one but things change like an accident.

My bed is shared with only my wife and the same for her,you can't go through life not enjoying other people and just hanging out with guys.

You can still be very good friend's with a women and leave the sex out,it's very easy to get laid,but very hard to find good friends for life.

I know guys that are married and go to cuba to get laid,killing your partner with some STD is one dumb move.Lots of single guys go to cuba or other countries to have the same fun,hell there's tons of very nice women in this country,just go look.

Women like confident men who just live life to be happy and make them smile
Clone this guy. He gets it.