Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 01-25-2016, 11:57 AM

Default Opinions on APA

Hey there! Looking forward opinions on the Viper Air from anyone that has one or tried one.

28.5 draw, 60#. Will be used for deer...eventually
Old 01-25-2016, 12:53 PM

Personally best bow out there right now...lol

Was never a short ATA bow shopoter...however the Viper AIR right out of the box I shot 8 Robin Hoods with first 80 arrows...couldnt believe how accurate it is, and how well I could shoot it...soooo comfortable and smooth,

Was a 20 yr Mathews shooter before the APA Air and Nano, shot the Nano and AIR and sold all the Mathews, Least problems of any bow I have ever owned...

Im 28/66 and shot pass thrus on elk...its all the bow I will ever need!

If needed parts are simply overnight delivery
Awesome quaility, inovations and Proud to be Canadian

Neil
Old 01-25-2016, 03:40 PM
Banned

Great bows, and canadian company to boot, I highly doubt you'd be disapointed in any of their line up. Plus your not paying quite as much as some of the high end bows, but the quality is definitely there.
Old 01-25-2016, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlgsgw View Post
Great bows, and canadian company to boot, I highly doubt you'd be disapointed in any of their line up. Plus your not paying quite as much as some of the high end bows, but the quality is definitely there.
Actually in some cases you pay more than the high end bows, all depends on the the model and brand. APA seems to increase their bows with the U.S. dollar increases as well.

LC
Old 01-25-2016, 04:56 PM

I own a viper nano, have shot the viper air with LOST....personally I prefer the nano, hard to explain but it seems to settle on target better on longer shots for me. Slightly different balance. Air does have a slightly smoother draw though, if I was hunting strictly deer from treestands in close it might get the nod.

The viper nano is comparable to the Mathews helium, where the air is comparable to the DXT...if that helps any.

we are talking about the #1 and #2 bows on the planet IMO and splitting hairs. Either way you won't be sorry, APA makes an amazing bow.
Old 01-25-2016, 04:57 PM
Banned

Lol in some cases yes, go price out a hoyt , paying for the Name pretty much
Old 01-25-2016, 05:33 PM

So is APA increasing prices to keep pace with the US dollar? You'd think being made in Canada this wouldn't be the case unless they buy the materials for their risers in US dollars??
The kill is the satisfying, indeed essential, conclusion to a successful hunt. But, I take no pleasure in the act itself. One does not hunt in order to kill, but kills in order to have hunted. Then why do I hunt? I hunt for the same reason my well-fed cat hunts...because I must, because it is in the blood, because I am the decendent of a thousand generations of hunters. I hunt because I am a hunter.- Finn Aagard
Old 01-25-2016, 07:16 PM

I find the APA have a lot of vibration.

I have owned just about every brand and some I liked and some I hated but that is why they make differ bows for different people. You need to shoot it and make decision for your self

Right now I am shooting a Prime Ion and I think it is best now I have ever owned but that is just me.
Old 01-26-2016, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck View Post
Actually in some cases you pay more than the high end bows, all depends on the the model and brand. APA seems to increase their bows with the U.S. dollar increases as well.

LC
Im sure APA will dissagree as they keep their prices on par as any other top end brand or model...Since APA takes approx a 40 lb plus block of Aircraft aluminum and machines their risers which if you look closely is almost twice as much machining as most bow brands with all their inovations...so it doesnt take a rocket scientist to see where price is coming from...

APA does adjust its price with the rise and fall of both dollars as does all US manufacturers and ALL Canadian distributors of any of those US bows or products...
Old 01-26-2016, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond k View Post
I find the APA have a lot of vibration.

I have owned just about every brand and some I liked and some I hated but that is why they make differ bows for different people. You need to shoot it and make decision for your self

Right now I am shooting a Prime Ion and I think it is best now I have ever owned but that is just me.
Agreed on some of the low brace smokin fast bows there is a little...however tamed smooth with right stabilizer...the Solo cams are as smooth as any in fact my APA has less vibration feel than any of my Mathews solo's I have owned...

APA for me is just the feel is so right..balance, grip and follow thru...

Neil
Old 01-26-2016, 10:06 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.O.S.T.Arrow View Post
Agreed on some of the low brace smokin fast bows there is a little...however tamed smooth with right stabilizer...the Solo cams are as smooth as any in fact my APA has less vibration feel than any of my Mathews solo's I have owned...

APA for me is just the feel is so right..balance, grip and follow thru...

Neil
I didn't find my m5 had vibration, it was the first thing I noticed was how dead in hand it was, but maybe that was just compared to my old Martin lol, that one should been called the "Rattler" lol
Old 01-26-2016, 10:27 AM

I've been interested in apa but not looking to get a new bow any time soon. Haven't tried one yet. Tried some other brands and wondered if they vibrated so much because it isn't tuned when it leaves the factory. ?
Makes it tough to compare one to the next.
Trying them made me more content than ever with my bowtech experience.
Old 01-26-2016, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoseto View Post
I've been interested in apa but not looking to get a new bow any time soon. Haven't tried one yet. Tried some other brands and wondered if they vibrated so much because it isn't tuned when it leaves the factory. ?
Makes it tough to compare one to the next.
Trying them made me more content than ever with my bowtech experience.
I think its more leaning toward a different bow feel...the bows are as in tune or better than some other top brands out of the box...

APA have a sound all its own...and may sound like a vibration to some...all can be tamed with right accessories as with any modern bow..

As you say each to their own and preferance...at least you gave them an honest try...many have opinions that have never shot them...

Neil
Old 01-26-2016, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Im sure APA will dissagree as they keep their prices on par as any other top end brand or model...Since APA takes approx a 40 lb plus block of Aircraft aluminum and machines their risers which if you look closely is almost twice as much machining as most bow brands with all their inovations...so it doesnt take a rocket scientist to see where price is coming from...

APA does adjust its price with the rise and fall of both dollars as does all US manufacturers and ALL Canadian distributors of any of those US bows or products...
Let me try to understand

Looking at the MSRP of some other companies flagship bows they come in below that of some APA bows. Not sure how you can disagree with a published number .

So APA wastes more aluminum than other manufactures so that translates to higher costs for the consumer? Using a 40lb block of aluminum does not make the riser better/stronger/lighter....but it likely drives the cost up

You took exception to my point, but reread my points and your answer (basically you agree with me) so therefore my point is valid

LC
Old 01-26-2016, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Let me try to understand

Looking at the MSRP of some other companies flagship bows they come in below that of some APA bows. Not sure how you can disagree with a published number .

So APA wastes more aluminum than other manufactures so that translates to higher costs for the consumer? Using a 40lb block of aluminum does not make the riser better/stronger/lighter....but it likely drives the cost up

You took exception to my point, but reread my points and your answer (basically you agree with me) so therefore my point is valid

LC
Ummm Yaaaa....lol...ok use yer left side of the brain...appears that the right side is defective...lol

Neil
Old 01-26-2016, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Ummm Yaaaa....lol...ok use yer left side of the brain...appears that the right side is defective...lol

Neil
My brain works fine....your googly eyes for APA cloud your judgement

LC
Old 01-26-2016, 01:58 PM

Quote:
My brain works fine....your googly eyes for APA cloud your judgement

LC
"" Says the Blowtech Fanboy

Old 01-26-2016, 02:06 PM

Quote:
"" Says the Blowtech Fanboy

LOL, That's the best you could come up with? Again ask what cam system they first OEM'd and who they OEM'd it from....you might be surprised

LC
Old 01-26-2016, 02:12 PM

Quote:
LOL, That's the best you could come up with? Again ask what cam system they first OEM'd and who they OEM'd it from....you might be surprised

LC
And limbs LOL!
Old 01-26-2016, 03:03 PM

Wow someone asks an opinion on a partictular bow and fanboys gotta chime in on why their bow is better

Old 01-26-2016, 03:15 PM

Quote:

LC
LOL Again a bow company thats only been around since 99...check who they OEM'd everything from strings on up...

lol
Old 01-26-2016, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Wow someone asks an opinion on a partictular bow and fanboys gotta chime in on why their bow is better

I only noticed the APA fanboy talking down on the Hoyt......

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 01-26-2016, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
I only noticed the APA fanboy talking down on the Hoyt......
Who mentioned a HOYT...lol... Back of the line Rookie

hahaha
Old 01-26-2016, 03:37 PM
Banned

Lol I was just saying I had a good experience with my apa, I have no real preference, I'm not shooting an apa anymore, if I'd waited till the 16' line up I would've taken a real hard look at the new 36. My mention of hoyt was just my opinion about overpriced, they are a great bow I don't think anyone debates that. I just get a kick out of guys just getting into the sport and feeling they need a $1800 to start. In my world it's like a guy buying a $300 stiletto hammer before you learn how to swing a $5 powerfist hammer from princess auto lol but hey, ya gotta keep up with the Jones's
Old 01-26-2016, 04:16 PM

Quote:

I never mentioned a single brand

LC
Old 01-26-2016, 04:26 PM

Isn't an Apa just a backwards Hoyt.
Old 01-26-2016, 04:27 PM

Wait a minute, I just bought a Hoyt! You telling me I won't be able to hit a target or fill my freezer with it? Well that sucks!!
Old 01-26-2016, 04:29 PM

If I'm not mistaken, all y'all are pretty successful with your stick flingers every year so what makes one brand better than the other, other than personal choice?
Old 01-26-2016, 04:50 PM

Breaking news.....APA just released there 2020 line up, they look just like this.

Rumour has it there will be a new paint color as well.
Old 01-26-2016, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayM77 View Post
Breaking news.....APA just released there 2020 line up, they look just like this.

Rumour has it there will be a new paint color as well.
Where can I order one at