Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2013, 08:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morbius131 View Post
Just a question about this video…if they harvested "yesterday afternoon" should the deer still be able to manipulated as well as it is? I would think it would be stiff 12 - 24 hours later. Something isn't right there or am I missing something?
If it's not frozen, I believe rigor mortise sets in within a couple hours but goes away after a few more. I could be wrong tho.
Old 12-08-2013, 08:16 PM

yes I said this was gonna be my last post but since I have met such a bunch of experts out there and know it all's I figger'd I'd hang around little longer. Might learn some thing from such a fine group of hunters! LOL. Doubtful, I've forgot more about killing big deer then the most you will ever know.
And with the 220"er on the youtube video. The buck was guided by one of my guides,my brother to be exact, that day before afternoon. The buck was brought back to camp, gutted immediately and left outside in a shed over night open up to cool down in -10 temperatures. The reason for this, and most outfitters do so when your client harvest a world class deer, and or any big buck for that matter you want the perfect lighting for the trophy photos and video. Hence why you wait till the next day for good lighting to do so. Sure a lot of you actual real hunters/Outfitters know what I'm talking about. And with the rigger, if you have been around any dead deer at all you would know that if you work the dead stiff buck around, you can work the rigger back out of the animal. Especially in the neck area. And not to mention, this buck had a broken neck to bout. You didn't know any of this? The meat this old warrior wasn't spoiled at all. After the photo shoot and videos the buck was skinned and the meat donated to local needy family who sure appreciated every the once of him.
Old 12-08-2013, 08:16 PM

Sort of of topic but someone mentioned he guided for a Byron as well is that Byron of TnT outfitters.
Old 12-08-2013, 08:17 PM

Default Don't think so.

We have had deer hanging during a week of hunting and they were rigored up within a couple hours and they never went back to pre-rigor condition. The meat may loosen as the lactic acid leaves the muscles and the testosterone leaches out but I have never seen an animal that flexible 12 - 24 hours after being shot. With that said the OP mentioned the next was broken so that may account for the increased flexibility but to that extent still surprises me.

Morb

Last edited by Morbius131; 12-08-2013 at 08:34 PM.
Old 12-08-2013, 08:20 PM

Yes I guided for Byron @ Diamond T Outfitters out of Val Halla. Not TnT Outfitters. Guided for him for a bunch of years. Killed many big deer for his outfit and clients. Have since bought out a very large part of Byrons Outfitting Business. At A Hefty price to I may add.
Old 12-08-2013, 08:25 PM

Wow, bravado fail.

Big money. Big deer. Big man.

Got it.
Old 12-08-2013, 08:26 PM

Default Confused

Confused why money continues to enter into the topic as financial situation should have no relevance to the success in the field.

Can we please get back on topic.

Morb
Old 12-08-2013, 08:31 PM

Thumbs up

You are awesome Blake!

Keep Rollin!
Old 12-08-2013, 08:32 PM

Good to know....next time I want some tender neck steaks I will just keep working that neck until she gets all nice and tender....

LC
Old 12-08-2013, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve View Post
Typical outfitter bashing thread. Hey elk11 we get it lol.

How many resident hunters on here have a previous wildlife offence that are chiming in on this thread? Or on this forum?

I've been a APOS member for a few years and every other member I've met have been straight shooters.
the difference between "Joe Resident" and an outfitter is the resident is not a for profit buisness. When a buisness or group of buisness' are breaking the law for profit it's called organized crime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potshots View Post
You are awesome Blake!

Keep Rollin!
holy crap lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by black ram View Post
I actually got convicted of 4years ago. "2" counts of trafficking wild meaning selling 2 sets of antlers on a skull plate.
I think you need to learn the definition of poaching. Poaching isnt just the act of killing an animal, hate to break it to you but any illegal activity regarding wildlife is considered poaching.
Old 12-08-2013, 08:49 PM

keep the entertainment commin! Got a long night ahead of me!
Old 12-08-2013, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinchaga View Post
i've never met blake s., but he sure produces big bucks. A good friend of mine had relatives from ohio hunt there with big tine. They killed a 170 for the kid first day and the dad never saw anything over 140. They said blake is sure cocky but they never saw any sign of anything illegal. Just a very hard working guy with a chip on his shoulder against giant bucks.

Looks like he got railroaded on some shed antlers he sold, paid his fine, got into a hockey fight at a relatively young age, and paid his dues there too.

Other than that, i don't see anything else amiss other than some vague anecdotal stories and some old news clippings. I can't pass judgement on him until i see something a little more concrete on him other than he is an outfitter and he kills big deer.
Old 12-08-2013, 09:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morbius131 View Post
We have had deer hanging during a week of hunting and they were rigored up within a couple hours and they never went back to pre-rigor condition. The meat may loosen as the lactic acid leaves the muscles and the testosterone leaches out but I have never seen an animal that flexible 12 - 24 hours after being shot. With that said the OP mentioned the next was broken so that may account for the increased flexibility but to that extent still surprises me.

Morb
They deffenitly loose the rigormortus. Iv guided my share of deer, if temps allow it we hang gutted overnight an take photos in the morning. After 10-14hrs they loosen up quite a bit.
Old 12-08-2013, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck View Post
Good to know....next time I want some tender neck steaks I will just keep working that neck until she gets all nice and tender....

LC
Lmfao

Hey but $$$ means he's a big deal right. You hunt that much you're bound to know right $$$. Nice and tender like $$$. Did I mention money.

This is priceless. You will all acknowledge he's a big deal "bobby big wheel" before it's over.

Some clever stuff this thread

$$$
Old 12-08-2013, 09:22 PM

Nice buck. Sounds like a legit kill to me. Congrats to the hunter.
Old 12-08-2013, 09:22 PM

Quote:
And hunter Trav, Who are you? You claim to know me and stated that I haven't changed my ways? Pffffttt !!! How would you know buddy? You must get you info on me on this site by all the know it all's out there. All the haters bashing me when the most of them probably have wildlife act tickets and or convictions against themselves. So whens its our turn to smash on you? I wouldn't waste my time in doing so.
I'm sure if you thought long and hard about it Blake you could figure out who I am. I've known you and your family a long time, hell I have sat and drank **** warm beer with your grampa cause thats the way he liked it. Your not the stud you think you are, and its really too bad you never got caught more often than you did. Your still a glory wh*re, and I have really enjoyed reading and adding to this thread. Getting under your skin really made my day. And unlike you, I really am out now of this one, but I will continue to read this thread and laugh at your expense. Have a good one bud...
Old 12-08-2013, 09:23 PM

This is a better thread than a DONNY ZENNER thread.
Old 12-08-2013, 09:59 PM

I like hunting too much to take any chances doing anything illegal so I guess I won't be booking a hunt with Big Tine Adventures or outfitters or what ever it's called. I'd rather eat tag soup than hunt with an outfitter who has been associated with illegal activity.
Old 12-08-2013, 10:19 PM

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=39559

the last post is interesting...
Just shows more good judgement on APOS' part.
Old 12-08-2013, 10:35 PM

To you hunter trav. you claim to know me so well. I call your B.S. Big man hiding behind some A/O name handle. And wont come out and say who you are. And for the record "you didn't" get under my skin today so go get your jollies for then night from some toothless hooker down the street. Love to see you come and say these thing in front of myself and my family. Surely if you were thought to be some family friend better think again on that 1 bud. Pathetic.
Old 12-08-2013, 10:38 PM
Banned

Why would you sucker punch him too?
Old 12-08-2013, 10:45 PM

Quote:
To you hunter trav. you claim to know me so well. I call your B.S. Big man hiding behind some A/O name handle. And wont come out and say who you are.
Your not serious!?
Old 12-08-2013, 10:55 PM

Quote:
To you hunter trav. you claim to know me so well. I call your B.S. Big man hiding behind some A/O name handle. And wont come out and say who you are. And for the record "you didn't" get under my skin today so go get your jollies for then night from some toothless hooker down the street. Love to see you come and say these thing in front of myself and my family. Surely if you were thought to be some family friend better think again on that 1 bud. Pathetic.
gonna sucker punch him?
Old 12-08-2013, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinner View Post
Your not serious!?
X2
"Im a dear friend of Blake"..."Keep Rolling Blake"....Right
Old 12-08-2013, 11:02 PM

Just pure class. I actually had no idea you would completely live up to your reputation to a T for us today. The best part is you thinking this small group of AO folks don't know anybody in the hunting world. When this hits AR's forum word will spread like the plague
And to think if you had just came on without all the lies it could have went so differently.
Old 12-08-2013, 11:20 PM
Gone Hunting

So, if you have turned your back on your undesirable past, why would you come on here and lie about who you are?

It isn't a question of who will allow me, but who will stop me.. Ayn Rand
Old 12-08-2013, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sealclubber View Post
Why would you sucker punch him too?
Sealclubber your on fire son..........boooo I have to go to bed. AO your awesome. So many laughs thank you just great. Black Ram aka blakes friend thank you for making this thread possible so fun.
Old 12-08-2013, 11:24 PM

Crazy thread lol. Always pretty surreal when the conjured 3rd person persona dissolves like this.
Closed Thread