Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 01-29-2020, 06:41 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gifted Intuitive View Post
Yes I share your feelings if it takes 6 years to get a moose tag in the area you want to hunt. This is an area you are obviously very fond of and it is a choice you give highest priority to in the draw application system. You would hunt no other place. There are other areas in Alberta where the draw allocation system will result in a tag every year. I hunt often in those areas and filling your tag is almost certain. Now this is very unfair that there is an abundance of moose in these zones and far less moose where you want to hunt. I think taxpayer money should be used to haul moose from these zones to your preferred zone so you won't have to wait 6 years. Now this would be fair. We would all have an equal opportunity to harvest a moose.
Ya right......

You’re on glue if you think I’m going to buy what you’re selling.

If there was an abundance of moose anywhere in the province there would be a general tag offered, and these guys aren’t hunting anywhere they offer a general tag. It’s because of people like this that it takes me 6 years to draw a tag.
Old 01-29-2020, 07:13 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gifted Intuitive View Post
Yes I share your feelings if it takes 6 years to get a moose tag in the area you want to hunt. This is an area you are obviously very fond of and it is a choice you give highest priority to in the draw application system. You would hunt no other place. There are other areas in Alberta where the draw allocation system will result in a tag every year. I hunt often in those areas and filling your tag is almost certain. Now this is very unfair that there is an abundance of moose in these zones and far less moose where you want to hunt. I think taxpayer money should be used to haul moose from these zones to your preferred zone so you won't have to wait 6 years. Now this would be fair. We would all have an equal opportunity to harvest a moose.
And the reason why in many areas..prime example of the area I live I ....buy an archery tag and go hunt moose in the fall...more moose than deer for the most part...fast forward a decline in moose population...ahhh yup draw system implemented for all moose hunting....why....well I will tell you why come January and February the moose hit the farmer fields...a little more exposed but getting better feed etc....we drive by and smile at what we see...then and this is very sad...vehicles show up and the shooting starts...animals fall...even on land privately owned with no remorse to thier actions...killing cows that carry young...why....so here we are...sad but true.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 01-29-2020, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtimoseMan View Post
Informant told me that there is more to get convicted in this big hunting sting that was done here. My spider sense is telling me that Carmine Maglione might be the court case coming up over the fishing poacher ring that just got caught. Its fitting with a court case in Febuary coming up in Settler where he lives now. He bragged how he could net fish and rubbed it in to regular fishermen. Going to be interesting whos names come up in this one!!!
Here's hoping so. Please keep us updated with any information on this case.

Mr Conservation