Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 09-19-2019, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by javlin101 View Post
Fast forward to the next week walking down the same road and the lady comes out of her house and says do you know you dog bite my dog and it cost me $200.00 in vet bills but you probably don't give a sh*t. I said excuse me! Who's dog got loose and went on the attack lady. Mine were leased and controlled. She just wave me off and said you better do something about that dog, maybe I should report it. I bite my tough thinking it's just not worth it and moved on..
It sucks how incredibly believable this story is. Personal accountability is total thing of the past. I heard a story not long about about a guy walking his dog on-leash, when some other dog comes bolting over and attacks his smaller dog, ragdolling it around. When a swift couple kicks incapacitated the bigger dog, the other owner gets all ****ed off that they were kicking their dog. Like are you kidding me!
Old 09-19-2019, 06:25 PM

Two places I have seen the most idiots. Dog parks and boat launches... lol
Old 09-19-2019, 07:39 PM

Default Dog Parks

I have been going to Laurier dog park in Edmonton with my dogs almost every day for the past year and have never seen any trouble.
I have been to terwillegar dog park a lot in the past 5 years and have never seen any trouble.
People and dogs are friendly at Laurier and Terwillegar.
At Callingwood dog park in West Edmonton I have seen several dog attacks.
Also recently I have been told there are a lot of used needles in the bushes at Callingwood.
Old 09-19-2019, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1899b View Post
Two places I have seen the most idiots. Dog parks and boat launches... lol
You forgot highways. I have real clear underwear filling video from this morning, of a guy crossing the yellow line heading straight for me in my lane. I was pulling a heavy trailer, almost took the ditch to miss getting a head on.

It was like he decided 'screw it, game over that bumper will do the job'.

Took a while for me to breathe normal after I ran him down and tore him a new exhaust.

I have known the man my entire life, he was just looking at the crops and his hands followed his head.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 09-20-2019, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
You forgot highways. I have real clear underwear filling video from this morning, of a guy crossing the yellow line heading straight for me in my lane. I was pulling a heavy trailer, almost took the ditch to miss getting a head on.

It was like he decided 'screw it, game over that bumper will do the job'.

Took a while for me to breathe normal after I ran him down and tore him a new exhaust.

I have known the man my entire life, he was just looking at the crops and his hands followed his head.
Yikes!! Glad you weren’t a casualty of carelessness.. that’s not good..
Old 09-20-2019, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robfraser View Post
I have been going to Laurier dog park in Edmonton with my dogs almost every day for the past year and have never seen any trouble.
I have been to terwillegar dog park a lot in the past 5 years and have never seen any trouble.
People and dogs are friendly at Laurier and Terwillegar.
At Callingwood dog park in West Edmonton I have seen several dog attacks.
Also recently I have been told there are a lot of used needles in the bushes at Callingwood.
You've never been to Millwoods then.

A dog peed on my husband's crutches and the response from the dog owner was "what do you expect, you're in a dog park" I'm not sure when it became acceptable to have your dog pee on someone.

Another time we had our senior Brittany on a long lead because she was old, deaf, and becoming senile. She still enjoyed being outside though plus our other Britt still needed a run. ohhh did ppl have opinions about that.
Old 09-20-2019, 11:31 AM

We use to frequent Terwillegar dog park and would never go on a week end. That place was a gong show and I failed to understand the people with a Timm's in their hand walking a leased little fluff ball around. What's the point other than endangering the little rat to every loose dog in the park. I have talk to a few and they told me if they let them off the lease they just run away. I just don't get it, walk near home where there is a lot less dog encounters to worry about. Fee Fee is at the bottom of the food chain so why put them in harms way if they are going to be leased 100% of the time.
Old 09-20-2019, 11:38 AM

Dog parks are the worst. Agreed it seems like a whole pile of idiot owners have their pets loose that have no business being off leash anywhere that other people/dogs are.

We have a Doberman, she is smaller at 60lbs and quiet most of the time, but on occasion she wants to get at other dogs especially when in the vehicle. Because of this, I never have her off leash in public, ever.

I take the dog out, it’s my responsibility to ensure she is under my control, not the publics. This is common sense, but many owners either don’t get it, or just don’t care.
Old 09-21-2019, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyd111 View Post
dog parks are the worst. Agreed it seems like a whole pile of idiot owners have their pets loose that have no business being off leash anywhere that other people/dogs are.

We have a doberman, she is smaller at 60lbs and quiet most of the time, but on occasion she wants to get at other dogs especially when in the vehicle. Because of this, i never have her off leash in public, ever.

I take the dog out, it’s my responsibility to ensure she is under my control, not the publics. This is common sense, but many owners either don’t get it, or just don’t care.
i agree!!!!
Old 09-21-2019, 07:12 AM

I wish I could spell,!!!!!
Old 09-21-2019, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyD111 View Post
Dog parks are the worst. Agreed it seems like a whole pile of idiot owners have their pets loose that have no business being off leash anywhere that other people/dogs are.

We have a Doberman, she is smaller at 60lbs and quiet most of the time, but on occasion she wants to get at other dogs especially when in the vehicle. Because of this, I never have her off leash in public, ever.

Yup exactly....
Old 09-21-2019, 10:46 PM

You sir are the very definition of a” responsible dog owner”
Thank you
That lady you describe is , unfortunately, the typical dog owner .
Old 09-23-2019, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aulrich View Post
Though I tend to avoid the big dog parks in good weather, i find the smaller ones ok. Though I have had more issues release sites, considering that we see hundreds of dogs through the yaear and only a few at release sites.

Surprisingly though after supper in the dead of winter the dogs in Southland dog park mostly tend to be reliable and have decent owners. would not go near the place Saturday afternoon in the summer.
I go there , but prefer the Pumphill Dog Park as it is mostly deserted and I know the owners likely can afford my vet bills if an attack occurs
Old 09-23-2019, 05:16 PM

People used to have kids, now they have dogs to fill the same role.

Grizz