Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 09-10-2019, 10:53 PM

Default Hutterites extorted by animal rights group near Fort Macleod

BC. animal rights group invade a colony near Fort Macleod and demand 5 turkeys...etc. before leaving private property......GOD only knows what kind of diseases they passed on to the turkeys....The Hutterites could be out Millions of dollar due to this "stunt"...They should be made to clean turkey barns for 10 years...Idiots

http://bit.ly/2lMDuix
- older 6x fixed scopes with fine X or target dot.
Old 09-12-2019, 10:42 PM

It’s unfortunate that the hutterites didn’t have to wash out the barn with fire hoses on that day.
Old 09-13-2019, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cageyc View Post
It’s unfortunate that the hutterites didn’t have to wash out the barn with fire hoses on that day.
Would have been a good day to spread some liquid manure on the property.
Old 09-13-2019, 07:25 AM

Those people are common criminals and should be treated as such. Force fed manure would be a good start. Hutterite operations are inspected regularly, are very efficient, and abide by legislation. End of story. Too bad they are pacifists.
Old 09-13-2019, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cageyc View Post
It’s unfortunate that the hutterites didn’t have to wash out the barn with fire on that day.
fixed it..
- older 6x fixed scopes with fine X or target dot.
Old 09-13-2019, 11:12 AM
Banned

I would have got some one to video me asking them to leave my private property where they were not welcome and that I felt threatened
Then I would have proceeded to beat them all with a bat until they left. Or were unconscious and not as threatening
Old 09-13-2019, 03:25 PM

The Hutterites should’ve borrowed the israeli’s technology- the one that sprays the chemicals smelling like skunk all over the “protestors”... that would teach them!
Old 09-13-2019, 05:55 PM

Default details

Just a few details, in reply to various comments.

1. My position at this agency was as their technical writer. it was not as receptionist.
2. As a technical writer, I was responsible for factual ag info in EVERY ad, EVERY PR campaign, EVERY event. I knew whereof I spoke.
3. I did not, in fact, speak of this poultry farm sight at the time. I chose not to. But I am speaking now.
4. In fact, it would not have mattered what position I held at the agency. There were at least eight other people, all of whom grew up on farms, who were horrified at seeing this. THAT is the key point.
5. That this poultry barn met regulations is not the point. I have a hunch that regulations are, for large operations, written to suit how things are, not how they should be. Such are regulations.
6. The colony where this took place was near Drumheller, not Fort Macleod. I know the Newelm Colony, and the Hofers, at Fort Macleod quite well - they in fact were the ones who bought our farm near Turin, to establish the Cameron colony.
7. If the Newelm Colony does not ship to Safeway, that is neither here nor there - the Drumheller one did. Those were the turkey bosses' exact words at Drumheller.
8. I honestly do not know the solution to this problem, I'm still wrestling with it. But I do know that grilles full of low-cost chicken breasts and legs, as yummy as they are (I do personally love them) are not part of any solution.
9. I do know people ate eggs and chickens and turkeys long before this factory farming came to be, and they did alright. The cost never killed anyone.
10. I picked eggs and fed chickens myself as a kid. Watched them die when my mother cut their heads off with an axe. Watched her plucking feathers. Still loved eating chicken and turkey.
11. The Hutterite turkey boss did explain, as every farmer knows, that the profit margins on this turkey operation were very slender. Big poultry barn, yet the returns were no better, just a tiny bit from a lot of birds each. Makes one think.
12. I think all of us are going to have to start thinking about this, and we'll all be hearing it more and more as young, intelligent people come into the shooting sports. We can "curse the darkness, or start lighting a candle". As I say, I don't know what that candle might be, but I know we best be thinking on it.

Think about all that while you eat your breakfast eggs. 'Nuff said.

PS. I have moved from conservative AB, to the very riding of Elizabeth May, the federal Green Party leader. I find it funny; your comments welcome.
Old 09-15-2019, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.5 shooter View Post
BC. animal rights group invade a colony near Fort Macleod and demand 5 turkeys...etc. before leaving private property......GOD only knows what kind of diseases they passed on to the turkeys....The Hutterites could be out Millions of dollar due to this "stunt"...They should be made to clean turkey barns for 10 years...Idiots

http://bit.ly/2lMDuix
It would be a good time to spread some liquid pig ****.
Old 09-15-2019, 09:44 AM

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/even/en/t/2/e

The PRIDE of Canada RJ
Old 09-15-2019, 11:11 AM

Sooo..apparently, if one got a group of "protestors" together with appropriate banners, etc., one could go to a farming operation of choice, and demand "custody" of a given number of delicious farm animals to be "rescued" into the protection of an unnamed "animal sanctuary", all with the blessing and co-operation of the RCMP...Does anyone see how this could get out of hand?... Apparently not the RCMP, respected defenders of law and order.
It gets more bizarre every day.
Old 10-03-2019, 12:49 PM

https://twitter.com/i/broadcasts/1djxXRDyZryGZ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-22-2019, 09:46 AM

So, I finally got a response to my email to my local MLA. Thought you guys might like to see the answer. Big problem, one more law that doesn't get enforced isn't going to do a thing. They did not respond to my question about getting rid of the RCMP and expanding the Sheriffs to be the Provincial Police force, outside of saying the incident is still under investigation by the RCMP.

Quote:
OFFICIAL RESPONSE FROM THE HONOURABLE DALE NALLY
RE: ANIMAL RIGHTS GROUP INVADE HUTTERITE COLONY

Dear Dean,

Thank you for your September 11th, 2019 email regarding the prevention and prosecution of crimes committed in the name of animal rights activism. I have consulted with my colleague, the Honourable Doug Schweitzer, Minister of Justice and Solicitor General for the province of Alberta, and I am pleased to provide you with the following information.

The Government of Alberta is committed to standing up for our farmers’ rights to run their operations unimpeded. We also recognize that the well-being of animals is important to Albertans. Alberta’s hard-working producers treat their animals well, and there are codes and standards in place to ensure compliance. It is completely unacceptable to trespass on a working farm. Unauthorized or improper entry onto farms and into barns has the potential to introduce disease and can threaten the health and welfare of the animals.

As a cornerstone of our democratic nation, the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms legally enshrines the right to freedom of expression and freedom of peaceful assembly. In general, however, protestors do not have the right to commit offences such as trespassing as they exercise these rights. In response to your comments regarding the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP), and as noted in various news articles surrounding this incident, the RCMP were called to the site of the protest. As I understand this matter is presently under investigation, I am not in a position to comment any further.

In working with the Honourable Devin Dreeshen, Minister of Agriculture and Forestry, the Government of Alberta has recognized the need for stronger protections for our farms and ranches. The options being proposed include:
• Amending trespass legislation to include tougher penalties such as fines of up to $10,000 for first offence, and up to $25,000 for subsequent offences for individuals and up to $200,000 for organizations, and imprisonment of up to six months.

• Amending the Animal Health Act so that farmers affected by biosecurity breaches can recover their costs, and so that trespassers and protesters placing biosecurity at risk can be fined $15,000 for first offences, then $30,000 for subsequent offences plus imprisonment of up to one year for repeat offences.
We also strongly encourage producers to call their local police detachment if faced with a similar issue.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your thoughts on the prevention and prosecution of crimes done in the name of animal rights activism. I hope you find this information helpful.

Sincerely,

Honourable Dale Nally
MLA, Morinville-St. Albert

cc: Honourable Doug Schweitzer, Minister of Justice and Solicitor General
Honourable Devin Dreeshen, Minister of Agriculture and Forestry
Old 09-11-2019, 05:42 AM

Awesome that the RCMP could be of such great assistance. Since when is it ok for members of the public, including special interest groups, to invade and occupy private property? There are many who support defending same at any cost almost daily in this forum.

I assume they knew that Hutterites being peaceful people they wouldn't put up much resistance. Generally speaking you'll rarely even see a dog, let alone one with a bad attitude on a Hutterite colony. I'd love to see them try this trick with some landowners I know.

I've been in some of the colony poultry operations and compromising these biohazard zones is very serious business. This stupidity could jeopardize an entire operation and for that there should be major consequences.

These idiots should be subjected to deep anal probes, blood and scat samples taken and analyzed, and if there is one shred of evidence pointing to the ingestion of meat at any time in their pathetic lives, their faces and hypocrisy should be splashed across the front pages of every newspaper in the country in an act of public shaming. They need to learn that they do NOT speak for the majority and never will.

I can't wait for our publicly funded left wing media cretins to paint this in a positive light as they always do. If any of these activists are transgender its guaranteed to be major news.

Breaking news....it was a Monday. Why weren't any of you wastes of skin working?
Old 09-11-2019, 05:58 AM

The activists should go down to Texas, they have pig barns filled with pigs that need rescuing. Hell we can take up a collection and send them there.

RCMP once again prove their uselessness. Coach someone to give into extortion, sounds about right. In there mind no one got hurt, no one got charged so it all worked out.

Thomas Sowell
Old 09-11-2019, 07:07 AM

So with the RCMP present, trespassers were allowed to leave the colony with stolen property and have not faced any charges yet? What if it was 5 cows or 5 horses? How is this ok?
Old 09-11-2019, 07:11 AM

What use are the RCMP, if they won't remove trespassers from private property, and they actually encourage extortion? The trespassers should all have been arrested, and taken away in handcuffs.
Old 09-11-2019, 07:27 AM

Default local papers article

http://www.fortmacleodgazette.com/20...nimals-as-food.
Old 09-11-2019, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
What use are the RCMP, if they won't remove trespassers from private property, and they actually encourage extortion? The trespassers should all have been arrested, and taken away in handcuffs.
Paper Shufflers. Someone has to keep track, so the politicians can reassure us , all is well.

Grizz
Old 09-11-2019, 09:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
Property rights? What are those? I thought those things are out of children's fairytales. Cause from my current understanding of property rights in Canada are those in the political ruling class along with their enforcers have them, but the rest of us Canadians plebs don't. And are told to shove it.
Old 09-11-2019, 12:06 PM

Sorry to any current or former members, but the RCMP stopped being useful decades ago. They should be disbanded and reformed as they currently are as useful as...fill in the blank.
Old 09-11-2019, 12:26 PM

Email I sent my MLA Dale Nally - Associate Minister Natural Gas and MP - we seem to be making lot of Natural Gas lately.

Quote:
Re Hutterite Colony Invaded by Animal Rights Group - Just read this story. Hard working, peaceful farmers abused and held to ransom on their own property. RCMP in attendance do not remove protesters and do not charge them with any of the offenses they committed. This is one more in a long list of the RCMP failing to protect rural owners from crime. Maybe we need to look at getting rid of the RCMP and expanding the Sheriff’s department because this is eventually going to get real ugly. The RCMP have gone from a highly respected organisation to being a total joke. They either need to be held to account or we need a better police service protecting us!
I suggest everyone email your MLA and UCP MP. RCMP need to be cleaned up or booted out. This is past ridiculous.

Last edited by Dean2; 09-11-2019 at 12:36 PM.
Old 09-11-2019, 12:55 PM

Excellent will copy and send along to politicians. How about k division

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean2 View Post
Email I sent my MLA Dale Nally - Associate Minister Natural Gas and MP - we seem to be making lot of Natural Gas lately.

I suggest everyone email your MLA and UCP MP. RCMP need to be cleaned up or booted out. This is past ridiculous.
Old 09-11-2019, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cement Bench View Post
Excellent will copy and send along to politicians. How about k division
Good idea. Didn't consider them because I figure they are too far gone but what can it hurt.
Old 09-11-2019, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean2 View Post

Very good, yet just making a statement has limited effect.

As a suggestion, be sure to ask a question and request that they answer it.

This makes the office take some action (respond to you), which will hopefully create some momentum.

"to identify very rare, scarce or special forms of fish and wildlife outdoor recreation opportunities and to ensure that access to these opportunities continues to be available to all Albertans."
Old 09-11-2019, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by walking buffalo View Post

This makes the office take some action (respond to you), which will hopefully create some momentum.
How could we start a movement to buy Hutterite Turkeys for Thanks giving and Christmas, and fly it in the face of these bastards?

BW
Old 09-11-2019, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by walking buffalo View Post

So what question did y ask your MP & MLA? I will judge mine by the quality of their responses. A failure to respond at all will tell me something too. Will let u guys know what I get for responses.