Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 03-03-2022, 08:28 AM

Default Saskatchewan Landing

I'm heading to the landing this weekend, just wondering if anyone has ice fished there in the last little while and has any info. This will be my first time going there, any tips or info is appreciated. Thanks!
Old 03-03-2022, 09:34 AM

I haven't fished the area in a couple weeks and early Feb. was a bit slow. I was seeing lots of whitefish on camera and my last trip only produced a couple mid sized walleye and one smaller burbot.

There are 2 main areas that most people fish (1 and 2 in the image above.)

I generally fish the marina (#1)...at this time most shacks are likely set up just outside the marina entrance in about ~5-10' of water. Target species would be large pike and burbot with the odd walleye. Last year at this time there was only 2-3' of water under the ice...not sure how things are looking right now. Access is good using the boat launch.

I prefer to fish in the marina between the end of the north docks and the marina entrance, but most will be fishing outside the marina in the area marked with X's in the image below.

Quite a few people set up west of the highway using the old boat launch as access....I haven't had much luck over here but most guys are targeting walleye here I believe. Some guys set up closer to the bridge on the west side but ice thickness needs to be watched here due to river flow. I've heard some horror stories in the past.

There is a third area (#3 on the first map) that some guys fish along the cutbanks across the lake from the marina but it is a long trek across the ice to get over there so not sure how the ice will be at this point. I am not sure if they use the marina access or if there is better access to the east. I assume this is a good big walleye spot (it is during open water season.)
Old 03-03-2022, 09:55 AM

Wow, I wasn't expecting all that info. Thanks alot! Great information.