Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 08-01-2013, 06:28 AM

Default Cfo

Mine originally took about 4 months. Which from what I've seen is about average. I didn't call to check up on the process, just let them do their job.

I've just sent in for a renewal, did it with almost a years grace so I'm not worried.

The only bad run in I've had with CFO is them sendin me someone elses long te
ATT with their name, address and all restricted guns they owned at time...needless to say I shredded it and placed a phone call informing them of the screw up...think someone will have for their pee pee slaped over that one.

WTB - BULK AMMO AROUND SOUTHERN ALBERTA
WTB - USED DUCKS UNLIMITED FIREARMS
WTB - USED WINCHESTER COMM FIREARMS
WTB - OLD / RUSTY / UNWANTED FIXER UPPERS
WTB - BROKEN FIREARMS
WTB - RIMFIRE / SHOTGUN MAGAZINES
WTB - ORIGINAL CONDITION COOEY'S
Old 08-01-2013, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beta-pg View Post
So my wife sent our MP an email last thursday morning and, believe it or not, got a call back on Thursday evening.

His office has contacted the office of the CFO and all of a sudden, she's gotten a call back. Problem is, the nice, polite lady from the CFO's office wouldn't leave a message on our home phone because my wife's name wasn't on the voicemail greeting. REALLY?!?! Its my wife and my kids saying hello!!!

So she called the CFO's office and they wouldn't put her through to the lady that called because she hadn't left a note for her to be put through.

This is honestly THE WORST experience ever! Are they trying to make people frustrated to see if they'll crack, just to deny them their R/PAL's?

I work in the service industry and if I EVER treated a customer like they treat people, my ass'd be canned IMMEDIATELY!!!
Back to your MP with a report, request that your MP's office follow up.

The whole CFO, and their shenanigans is coming up in the house this fall. The more your MP, and the CPC know of the BS the better the chances of the clowns getting skidded or having their wings clipped.

There are no absolutes
Old 08-16-2013, 05:02 PM
Banned

Ok so I called up again today (day 60) and did my interview. The girl said all is good they need to get my references interviewd and the issue the rpal.

Now here is a question I hope someone can help me with, do they send the rpal as registered mail or what.? The reason I'm asking is because I'm going to Peru for 2 weeks next Friday and I don't want it sitting in my mail box ( I can get someone to pick it up) but if it is registered and I don't pick it up would Canada post send it back to the CFO?????

Edit:sorry didn't mean to hijack the thread. If anyone got an answer to my question plz pm instead of posting here so it won't offend the op

Thanks in advance

Last edited by Icatchfish; 08-16-2013 at 05:12 PM.
Old 08-16-2013, 06:15 PM

Damn, I wish I'd known all this.
Was hoping to get mine before hunting season was over, looks like wishfull thinking.
And I thought Australia was bad for this sort of thing.
Maybe... just maybe I'll have it for next years hunting season.
Old 08-19-2013, 02:32 PM

I just did my RPAL renewal, I waited the 45days they request and then called.they had not got it into the system yet. 2 weeks later i called again and they gave me some info on where in the application process they were. Turned out they needed my range info again and were sending me a request in the mail. I faxed it to them and got my new RPAL in 1 week. Total time was June 1st to Aug 6th. My WIN card was renewed Apr 1st and still hasn't arrived???
Old 08-19-2013, 02:45 PM

Just did my rpal renewal. Waited 70 days then phoned. Nice lady at cfo said she didn't know why it was delayed so long so she approved it right there and said I should have it in a week or so.
Old 08-20-2013, 09:53 AM

So after much digging by my Wife and our MP's office, we found what the issue is. One of her references signed his name wrong, so instead of reporting back, they just let it sit.

They interviewed him, but still didn't pickup the discrepancy. Its been cleared up and should be here this week. Shes one happy chick!
Old 08-21-2013, 09:19 AM

Default One happy momma!!!

Well gentlemen,

I came home to one happy wife yesterday!

photo.jpg
Old 08-21-2013, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icatchfish View Post
Ok so I called up again today (day 60) and did my interview. The girl said all is good they need to get my references interviewd and the issue the rpal.

Now here is a question I hope someone can help me with, do they send the rpal as registered mail or what.? The reason I'm asking is because I'm going to Peru for 2 weeks next Friday and I don't want it sitting in my mail box ( I can get someone to pick it up) but if it is registered and I don't pick it up would Canada post send it back to the CFO?????

Edit:sorry didn't mean to hijack the thread. If anyone got an answer to my question plz pm instead of posting here so it won't offend the op

Thanks in advance

Not sent as registered mail, I got my rpal about 2 months ago, just regular canada post sitting in my mail box.
Old 08-21-2013, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beta-pg View Post
One of her references signed his name wrong, so instead of reporting back, they just let it sit.
OK, I'm stumped. How does someone sign their name wrong?

Glad she got her licence.

ARG

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjemac View Post
It has been scientifically proven that a 308 round will not leave your property -- they essentially fall dead at the fence line. But a 38 round, when fired from a handgun, will of its own accord leave your property and destroy any small schools nearby.
Old 08-21-2013, 06:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by megaman View Post
Not sent as registered mail, I got my rpal about 2 months ago, just regular canada post sitting in my mail box.
Thx mega man. I'm really confused , how does someone sign their name wrong???
Old 08-22-2013, 08:54 AM

Its a long story... his name is xxxxx, but goes by yyyyy. In his haste, he signed it yyyyy and his official records says his name is xxxxx! Hence creating the confusion for the government drones.

Not their fault, but you would think that when calling him, and conversing with him, they could have said... hey mister... you signed this application as yyyyy!

Anywho... she got her license, and is extremely delighted.
Old 08-23-2013, 01:15 PM

my name is travis. sign my name it looks like a j with a couple squiggles and a dot.. a signature is just that.. you could sign with a happy face, and it should be taken as a legally binding doc
Old 08-23-2013, 01:22 PM

Sorry... Sign and Print!
Old 08-23-2013, 01:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by travisanderson View Post
my name is travis. sign my name it looks like a j with a couple squiggles and a dot.. a signature is just that.. you could sign with a happy face, and it should be taken as a legally binding doc
That's true , but those CFO ppl try to find any reason to delay giving out a license. They asked my references if I forced them to become references.

Anyways glad she got her license OP and hope she's having fun using it.