Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Trapping Discussion

Old 12-06-2014, 08:03 AM
AO Sponsor

Wow, that's a tough one, quite the dilemma you have.

Perhaps you could get one of these...

If that don't work, then definitely this will do the job!!!

Old 12-06-2014, 08:44 AM
AO Sponsor

On a more serious note, if something is impractical, you simply move to a more practical solution if you want to solve the problem.

Btw, don't know if you are using cows or calves, but are you up on the SRM laws in relation to hauling dead stock up and down the roads? That's "Specified Risk Materials" for any not knowing. Perhaps you are up on it all and just moving calves, forgive my ignorance.

Last edited by Marty S; 12-06-2014 at 08:50 AM.
Old 12-06-2014, 09:18 AM

How about an older skid steer with tracks on the back of your trailer. Probably have to buy a 1 ton Dually for all that weight though.
Old 12-06-2014, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty S View Post
On a more serious note, if something is impractical, you simply move to a more practical solution if you want to solve the problem.

Btw, don't know if you are using cows or calves, but are you up on the SRM laws in relation to hauling dead stock up and down the roads? That's "Specified Risk Materials" for any not knowing. Perhaps you are up on it all and just moving calves, forgive my ignorance.
That's a very valid point. The SRM material is something that I have to deal with. As of now in Sk, we are allowed to use all the spinal columns and brains for coyote bait. Since we're feeding coyote and not other cattle, they are allowing us to use them. Same goes for CWD deer carcasses. We can use them for bait without any testing required. I have been wondering when/if the Sk government would start restricting that stuff, but nothing as of yet. Good point though for other jurisdictions.
As for more practical things, like I mentioned before, I'm buying a older truck with a plow to use when the fields blow in.
Old 12-06-2014, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty S View Post
Wow, that's a tough one, quite the dilemma you have.

Perhaps you could get one of these...

If that don't work, then definitely this will do the job!!!

The 797 would definitely work. It might use a bit more fuel but would that ever make a great trapline picture lol